Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Rons-Place

Apple (iOS)

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:40 pm
Hi.
Just want to be clear

Do I have to enter the warm up event to qualify for the first qualifying ?

Cheers.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny
no avatar

Catarang

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:48 am
Sorry for barging in. I am an old user here since 2015 and I couldn't access my account so I have come in with a new account. Maybe I am being rude. But the prizes for an event on such global scale are pathetic. I do not see the point of conducting such an event just to get hold of cheaters either. I have a few points if I can get an answer to, it would be great.

1. Your idea of mapping IP Address with User location is wrong since Proxy or even normal sizes. I live in another country and am currently in vacation in another. So that would affect me anyway. https://iplocation.com/ is a simple way of looking at location based on your IP

2. You should have the ghosts for all player races for the best time. I see event logs being stored on my phone which changes after every race. There is something being logged even when I haven't put in my best time.

3. Also How come Asphalt9 can have BlackShark cup, France can have Orange Cup and India can have events like OnePlusAsphaltCup and RealmeAsphaltCup where winners get real prizes and a global event like this can't? 1000 tokens for 2nd place in the world? We get 1000 tokens in a month long MP Season??

Please dont take it as a rant. I am just trying to get the gist here.
no avatar

Toom12

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 am
A bandeira que aparece nos meus resultados, não é a correta, da região que eu moro. O que faço agora?

cargaill

Windows PC

Louisiana, USA

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:58 am
Toom12 wrote:
A bandeira que aparece nos meus resultados, não é a correta, da região que eu moro. O que faço agora?

You need to go to settings, (cog wheel top right of main screen) select "Language and Country/Region." If you are unable to change it, you will need to contact Customer Care (aka: CC). I hope this helps, had to translate with 'google translate.'
"Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive."- Elbert Hubbard
A8: 218 cars - Over 123,000 flat spins, that explains why I'm so dizzy
no avatar

Driver Johnny66

Apple TV (iOS)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:42 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:

Hello everyone!

We are excited to announce that the Asphalt 8 Tournament - Summer 2019 edition has already started!

We will feature a set of in-game time limited events to find out which are the best 3 Asphalt 8 racers in the world (one per platform).

The Tournament starts this week (July 1st) and will last until the end of August. (Check the following calendar for more information on the Stages of the competition).

Every stage will be preceded with a Training Session (Warm Up Cup ) so that you can test the track and vehicle before the real race starts.

To ensure the best skills are rewarded the different stages will have the same MAX/PRO vehicle with boosters activated. There will be no opponents on the track and neither will there be traffic. Make the best lap time and you will move on to the next stage.

On our first edition we wanted to start with our 20 strongest countries. (You can find the list of countries at the bottom) We want to make sure all the countries chosen have daily active players to be a fair competition. We will look in future events if we can expand the Tournament to include other regions as well. 

All participants IP's will have to correspond to that of the country their flag displays. In other words, no flag changing. This is another step to ensure we have the fairest competition that there is ever been in Asphalt 8.

And with that explanation we can now go deeper on how the Qualifiers will take place. 

Each stage will have its own rewards, so make sure you try your best!

Stage 1 : Qualifer #1 / July 8th - 13th  
- Players from the 20 available countries will face against each other locally. The 100 best will move onto the next Stage.

Stage 2: Qualifier #2 / July 22nd - 27th 
- The best 100 racers from the previous stage will race between themselves to find the top 10.

Stage 3 : "Double Stage" - PlayOff Cup / Aug 5th - 10th
- 10 racers from each country will form 2 groups of 100. The groups will be mixed. On this "Double Stage" the best 100 racers will be promoted to the next league. The best 100 racers in the world. 

Stage 4: Semi-final Cup / Aug 16th - 21st
- From the 100 best racers only 10 will move to the Final.

Stage 5: Final Cup / Aug 27th - Sep 1st
- Everything comes down to this week. Unlimited energy, don't wait for refills. Play as much as you can and become World Champion.

For reaching the top 10 of the world, all racers will get 500 tokens on this stage.

We would also like to share the prizes for the winners of the last stage.

On 3rd place: Unlock the Lamborghini Centenario 
On 2nd position: Same reward as 3rd place + 1000 tokens.
And for the World Champion on 1st place: Previous rewards + 5.000.000 Credits.

The winners will also be featured on our website's Hall of Fame (Coming soon)

Each stage will count with its own recap video, our Summer Tournament Journals where we will release information about each stage's leaderboard, the upcoming track and vehicle of each stage and even some tips to improve your times, so make sure you suscribe to our channel for more! You can catch the first episode here: https://youtu.be/9iJ2wdZZgag

On this edition there will only be one winner per platform. So it's thrice the possibilities.

And that's all for our announcement so far. Keep posted to our channels for more fresh info. And throw some questions that you might have regarding this competition into the #SummerTournament channel on our Discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/asphalt8 We will do the best we can to answer them. 

See you on the track!

* The full list of countries that will participate in this event is the following:

China
US
Japan
Russian Federation
Vietnam
Turkey
France
Mexico
UK
Germany
India
Saudi Arabia
Canada
Italy
Thailand
Australia
Brazil
Philippines
Spain
Ukraine
no avatar

Kano3D

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 am
These prizes are so ridiculously poor for the best players of the world.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:38 am
@Gameloft - what are you going to do about the glitched times on the leaderboards? They're invalid and pushing valid times out of the top 100 making the entire event pointless.

It seems everybody but you is talking about it, why no acknowledgement and fix?

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am
We did acknowledge it and we are working on fixing it. :)
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
We did acknowledge it and we are working on fixing it. :)

What about the points glitch in SD MP TLE tdy? Evreyone is losing points and it doesn't even matter which position you finish at...
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:38 am
Don't forget to do something about Fantome cheater-clan as well. USA LB Windows.