Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:38 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
All participants IP's will have to correspond to that of the country their flag displays. In other words, no flag changing.

So, you're introducing a new rule? For this tournament only?

And remember, an IP address is not a reliable indicator of location. You certainly shouldn't rely upon IP to exclude anybody from the tournament, especially since you've already encouraged them to participate...

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 am
Hey there everyone,

I just wanted to add a little information regarding the change of country flags.

All participants IP's will have to correspond to that of the country their flag displays. In other words, no flag changing.

This is another step to ensure we have the fairest competition that there is ever been in Asphalt 8.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:28 am
Danger Mouse wrote:

So, you're introducing a new rule? For this tournament only?

And remember, an IP address is not a reliable indicator of location. You certainly shouldn't rely upon IP to exclude anybody from the tournament, especially since you've already encouraged them to participate...

Spot on IP addresses are not allocated by country. The IANA only break them into 5 global regions which then get split to companies, ISPs etc. You can trace my dynamic IP to Ireland, UK, France & Holland within the space of 5 minutes. If I use a proxy then all bets are off.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for now - Mercury Rev - Goddess on the Highway - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xJbEoc5sDw

Stach

Windows PC

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:15 am
This is a bit unfair, countries are divided into worse and better. I do not feel worse, and for the future GL will not think if it's ethical.

1. Nie muszę grać, gram, bo chcę.
  2. Play honestly respect your opponent
no avatar

taki

Windows PC

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 am

Hello everyone!

We are excited to announce that the Asphalt 8 Tournament - Summer 2019 edition has already started!

We will feature a set of in-game time limited events to find out which are the best 3 Asphalt 8 racers in the world (one per platform).

The Tournament starts this week (July 1st) and will last until the end of August. (Check the following calendar for more information on the Stages of the competition).

Every stage will be preceded with a Training Session (Warm Up Cup ) so that you can test the track and vehicle before the real race starts.

To ensure the best skills are rewarded the different stages will have the same MAX/PRO vehicle with boosters activated. There will be no opponents on the track and neither will there be traffic. Make the best lap time and you will move on to the next stage.

On our first edition we wanted to start with our 20 strongest countries. (You can find the list of countries at the bottom) We want to make sure all the countries chosen have enough players to be a fair competition. We will look in future events if we can expand the Tournament to include other regions as well.

And with that explanation we can now go deeper on how the Qualifiers will take place. 

Each stage will have its own rewards, so make sure you try your best!

Stage 1 : Qualifer #1 / July 8th - 13th  
- Players from the 20 available countries will face against each other locally. The 100 best will move onto the next Stage.

Stage 2: Qualifier #2 / July 22nd - 27th 
- The best 100 racers from the previous stage will race between themselves to find the top 10.

Stage 3 : "Double Stage" - PlayOff Cup / Aug 5th - 10th
- 10 racers from each country will form 2 groups of 100. The groups will be mixed. On this "Double Stage" the best 100 racers will be promoted to the next league. The best 100 racers in the world. 

Stage 4: Semi-final Cup / Aug 16th - 21st
- From the 100 best racers only 10 will move to the Final.

Stage 5: Final Cup / Aug 27th - Sep 1st
- Everything comes down to this week. Unlimited energy, don't wait for refills. Play as much as you can and become World Champion.

For reaching the top 10 of the world, all racers will get 500 tokens on this stage.

We would also like to share the prizes for the winners of the last stage.

On 3rd place: Unlock the Lamborghini Centenario 
On 2nd position: Same reward as 3rd place + 1000 tokens.
And for the World Champion on 1st place: Previous rewards + 5.000.000 Credits.

The winners will also be featured on our website's Hall of Fame (Coming soon)

Each stage will count with its own recap video, our Summer Tournament Journals where we will release information about each stage's leaderboard, the upcoming track and vehicle of each stage and even some tips to improve your times, so make sure you suscribe to our channel for more! You can catch the first episode here: https://youtu.be/9iJ2wdZZgag

On this edition there will only be one winner per platform. So it's thrice the possibilities.

And that's all for our announcement so far. Keep posted to our channels for more fresh info. And throw some questions that you might have regarding this competition into the #SummerTournament channel on our Discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/asphalt8 We will do the best we can to answer them. 

See you on the track!

* The full list of countries that will participate in this event is the following:

China
US
Japan
Russian Federation
Vietnam
Turkey
France
Mexico
UK
Germany
India
Saudi Arabia
Canada
Italy
Thailand
Australia
Brazil
Philippines
Spain
Ukraine

only 5 countries from eu? so, if you are from other country, u did not see this "big" tournament? thats the most stupidest idea ive ever seen. and c'mon "And for the World Champion on 1st place: Previous rewards + 5.000.000 Credits." .. 5 mln credits? wow!! i can farm 10 mln credits in some hours lol. You should give real money, not virtual stuff. All normal tournaments can give real money, real prizes, not useless virtual stuff. I am really disappointed. GameLoft you are so lame!

**** or X2 or something like that would be better car than that useless boat. I dont get it how did you pick so useless prizes. You should create poll or something

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Windows PC

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:21 pm
taki wrote:
only 5 countries from eu? so, if you are from other country, u did not see this "big" tournament? thats the most stupidest idea ive ever seen. and c'mon "And for the World Champion on 1st place: Previous rewards + 5.000.000 Credits." .. 5 mln credits? wow!! i can farm 10 mln credits in some hours lol. You should give real money, not virtual stuff. All normal tournaments can give real money, real prizes, not useless virtual stuff. I am really disappointed. GameLoft you are so lame!

**** or X2 or something like that would be better car than that useless boat. I dont get it how did you pick so useless prizes. You should create poll or something

You might want to snip the original comment sometimes...

Anyhow, as an Australian, I am surprised that my country was selected as one of the top 20 countries for this tournament. I've been observing some of the other countries which have been allowed to participate. Countries like Germany and the United States. It seems that most of these other countries are much more competitive than Australia. I am sure that the final Top 100 event will only have one or two Australians participating. This is because there is only one consistent "professional" player in Australia, named Jaimien Manning, and perhaps a few more who are inactive most of the time. Currently, my time in the warmup cup is 1:01:610 and I'm coming fourth.
Racing through life... 
no avatar

AzaRich_ua

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:45 pm
My best time is 1:01:611 and I'm on 3rd position in Ukraine (at least for now)
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm
quailstorm wrote:
BT9 wrote:
Use your brain! They have the videos of every race so they can review them MANUALLY for acceleration, nitro duration changes, crash hacks and also compare them side to side no doubt if they want.

No they don't have. Actually GL has no clue. if their scripts don't catch the cheater basically they only have a little better chance than a player because they can look at the account data, and a little less because they are noobz in their own game.

I don't even think they have the replay/ghost because in the past they made noobish decisions solely based on times and boosters.

"Each stage will count with its own recap video"

-from OP

This means they most certainly have ability to see any race if they so choose, or do you think they are going to ask players to send it?  Yea..I don't think so.  
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:14 pm
I will be very surprised if there will be any user gameplay in recaps.
I think the recap content is described in the following sentences and it won't show the best lap.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:21 pm
It states that the current warm up cup is 'open to everyone' - but it's not, it's regional. Also, does it imply that the next round will be an exact repeat of the current one - same car and track? Kinda dumb...

Edit: Sorry if this has been said before, I haven't read the whole thread ::)
Cars owned: 212
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6