Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
User avatar

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

164

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:42 pm
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Hey there everyone,

I just wanted to add a little information regarding the change of country flags.

All participants IP's will have to correspond to that of the country their flag displays. In other words, no flag changing.

This is another step to ensure we have the fairest competition that there is ever been in Asphalt 8.

Does this mean that players are normally (outside of the Tournament) able to change their flags for TLEs?

There seems to be a flag-switching function in the settings but I'm not entirely sure what that does.
Racing through life... 
User avatar

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

164

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:47 pm
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
I've tried the tunnel route several times, but without success. I'd need a triple tank to be able to make it faster than through the ramp, lol. I run out of nitro mid-tunnel, while through the ramp I go to the right section and grab all the bottles of nitro there.

I've managed to improve my lap-time to 1:01:610.

This video from a better racer than me might help you to achieve a strong lap-time. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBp9_Rtl_RU
Racing through life... 
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

166

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:31 pm
Mr. Mysterious Spyman wrote:
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
I've tried the tunnel route several times, but without success. I'd need a triple tank to be able to make it faster than through the ramp, lol. I run out of nitro mid-tunnel, while through the ramp I go to the right section and grab all the bottles of nitro there.

I've managed to improve my lap-time to 1:01:610.

This video from a better racer than me might help you to achieve a strong lap-time. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBp9_Rtl_RU

Thanks. I thought at first the tunnel was the last one, not the first one. I have to practice not to crash though...
User avatar

Stach

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

146

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Why there is no Poland, it is absurd that there are no good players here
 
  1. Nie muszę grać, gram, bo chcę.
  2. Play honestly respect your opponent
User avatar

Stach

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

146

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:40 pm
Stach wrote:
Why there is no Poland, it is absurd that there are no good players here     ::)
 
  1. Nie muszę grać, gram, bo chcę.
  2. Play honestly respect your opponent
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1018

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:04 pm
Mr. Mysterious Spyman wrote:
Does this mean that players are normally (outside of the Tournament) able to change their flags for TLEs?

There seems to be a flag-switching function in the settings but I'm not entirely sure what that does.

In the current system, you can do ONE flag change freely, then you need assistance from customer care.
Many people use permanent USA for more tokens and stuff. Also I know about people who hopped and stole a country limited car then begged flag back from CC.

In the old system you could change flag as many times as you wanted which resulted in mass exploitation and robbing country limited events.
User avatar

Stach

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

146

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:10 pm
Mr. Mysterious Spyman wrote:
Does this mean that players are normally (outside of the Tournament) able to change their flags for TLEs?

There seems to be a flag-switching function in the settings but I'm not entirely sure what that does.

In the current system, you can do ONE flag change freely, then you need assistance from customer care.
Many people use permanent USA for more tokens and stuff. Also I know about people who hopped and stole a county limited car then begged flag back from CC.

In the old system you could change flag as many times as you wanted which resulted in mass exploitation and robbing country limited events.
 I will stay with my flag, I will not cry.
 
  1. Nie muszę grać, gram, bo chcę.
  2. Play honestly respect your opponent
User avatar

Francesco.Carollo

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

113

Join Date: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:30 pm
I find this tournament really interesting, I certainly don't think of winning because I'm a top 100 player and not a top 10 player, but I think it's a great news after the last changes to the game that have made car upgrading almost impossible!
Vehicles 233/235, 230 max pro

Stars 2420/2505

Patents 7450/7500

Helmets 1135/1595

I hate the new Showdown game mode  :')

I love Asphalt 8: Airborne  p)
User avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

1469

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 pm
See, I'm the opposite. I'm not a top player and I'll be out after the first race. 0% chance of advancing. So, really, I might as well have been in one of the excluded countries. This tournament is not really interesting to me at all. Actually, watching YouTube videos from other posters on this forum is far more interesting than this tournament.

p.s. I'm kinda bummed that really good players like @dex1 are excluded while knuckleheads like me are allowed in just because of where we live.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

538

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:14 am
oldman65 wrote:
See, I'm the opposite. I'm not a top player and I'll be out after the first race. 0% chance of advancing. So, really, I might as well have been in one of the excluded countries. This tournament is not really interesting to me at all. Actually, watching YouTube videos from other posters on this forum is far more interesting than this tournament.

p.s. I'm kinda bummed that really good players like @dex1 are excluded while knuckleheads like me are allowed in just because of where we live.

Exactly my thoughts. (I would give him my account data to play but IP-adresse/ios-win-issues etc. wouldn‘t work and in the end: it wouldn‘t be Dex1.) Regarding the list of included countries: it‘s the Top20 of countries with the most players and payers (and maybe also with the most hackers)! From top down to the end. This national attitude make this event completely ugly.
20 countries are not the world.
Everyone‘s a Beta-Tester.