Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:50 pm
JakeP wrote:
GL needs to check all these players, they have to have a way, they record our ghosts when we play TLE, so they have to have a way to check what we did based on the ghost.

Come on, GL officially gave up fighting against event and MP cheating in 2017. When Andrei announced they no longer monitor **** reports thread. Since then they only care about in-game currency cheats.
A9 is not better either.

Only hope would be some registration system as A9 e-sports qualifiers.

(other issue is GL does not have the knowledge to fight against cheating and does not accept any advice or help)

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:19 am
JakeP wrote:
quailstorm wrote:
ylmzTRk wrote:
@JakeP: #1 isn't he Francesco Carollo in this forum or am i wrong?

Yes he is the forum Francesco, and he is insanely fast.

If you guys know the guy and you say he is legit, then I assume he is legit.
But take a look at Driver 7549. He is also currently #13 in the UFO Day Cup with a SINGLE TANK! No one else in TOP 100 is ST! Do I need any more proof that this guy is a hacker, and a **** one? Even TB if you are not good enough you run out of nitro in that long track. Note also that Driver 7549 uses in both TLE an exact time, which is very uncommon. He is actually laughing at GL.

GL needs to check all these players, they have to have a way, they record our ghosts when we play TLE, so they have to have a way to check what we did based on the ghost.

Ummm...asking GL to check for cheaters in their own game is like someone finding a DODO alive in the sahara desert...lol
no avatar

Crisgabbyno

Windows PC

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 am
...Alguien de Argentina??

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:04 am
Peter2593 wrote:
Ummm...asking GL to check for cheaters in their own game is like someone finding a DODO alive in the sahara desert...lol

Odds are better finding a Dodo...

no avatar

LivingChannel77

Windows PC

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 am
Great! but how to join this tournament?

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:29 am
LivingChannel77 wrote:
Great! but how to join this tournament?

You need to be in one of the 20 chosen countries to participate. The other 175 countries are excluded.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 am
It does seem odd that they didn't have a 'rest of the world' group, especially since they're marketing it so heavily.

I wonder what % of A8 players fall outside the 20 selected countries?
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.
no avatar

Senatorduke

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:32 am
Why is Nigeria not among the list of countries

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:40 am
Me. wrote:
Harry K wrote:
I'm guessing the winning times will be used for upcoming R&D ultimate AIs.

...shush Harry   I'm told they read the postings in this forum.

OT.
<sarc>Obviously they read posts. You can tell by how quickly reported bugs & glitches are fixed, how fast known cheats get banned and how keen they are to implement user suggestions.</sarc>

Seriously, it's good having more announcements from Pepper I just wish he'd stop plugging Discord. I'm not interested and it seems a bit insulting. Like the A9 ads in A8.
Ode to un-updated Windows MP fans - The Specials - Ghost Town - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:44 am
Danger Mouse wrote:
It does seem odd that they didn't have a 'rest of the world' group, especially since they're marketing it so heavily.

I wonder what % of A8 players fall outside the 20 selected countries?

The issue is they are marketing it heavily and when you market something heavily, then you want to make as much $$$ as possible. So, the 20 countries that have this event are most likely the 20 countries where they make the most money from. So as we know, since the FLU, GL is intent on squeezing as much money from players as possible. So these 20 countries more likely than not make up 70% or more of their income from A8.