Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Km4r0nFire01

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:25 pm
Imagehere is the french LB on windows

can the great competent developper carrefully check absolutely unknown 2,4 and 6

and also P3 very heavily suspected to ****
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:42 pm
This is the Spanish LB on Android. I don't know if Android version has glitches or not, but none of us seem to have found any according to our times...
Attachments
Screenshot_20190724-223933_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg
Screenshot_20190724-223933_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg (205.62 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:28 pm
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to use this moment to share a statement from our dev team regarding the state of the Summer Tournament and the participants that have found & used exploits to gain an advantage on the qualifiers.

Rest assured that our team is carefully cleaning the leaderboards, however, if a player discovers a glitch that we were not aware of, there is nothing we can really do against this. It’s something that, for now, we must tolerate. We should not blame the users for trying to score the highest times on the race as long as they only use the tools that are given to them.

We will be working to fix this glitches from future editions of the tournament but as it stands now we will not be disqualifying those who use them.

Thanks for your understanding.

This is an honest (OMG) and pragmatic position, other than cancelling the event there's probably not another option.

The problem is that you swatted everyone with foreign IP's and that's also been allowed in the game forever. You shouldn't have done that without considering the bigger issue that exists with flags/countries/regions/IP's. Because you've allowed it in the past you have provided tacit approval, changing that mid-event is not cool at all and you need to be very clear how you're going to handle that in the future so there are no surprises. By the way, there's nothing in the game that says you need to have a flag that represents the country you're currently playing in... because that would be impossible for many people... so what is the final word on that rule?

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:07 am
...their  'country - flag - ip' statements on this don't hold water and they darn well know it.

Lap-T

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:08 am
Km4r0nFire01 wrote:
and also P3 very heavily suspected to ****

P3 (Bayad) is ex Garuda clan so certainly Indonesian, this team has been using french flag for a long while but most of them have turned back to their real flag lately, he must be using a french IP through VPN, et voilà !
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 am
And the obvious happened: someone took first place. After these days, I was sure that if one Spanish player was to make a better time than me, it was Elton. Does anyone know his alliance? I've seen him several times on leaderboards. As for my time, I've tried a lot to improve it, but without success :( I hope the rest of the Spanish players don't improve their times too much. Even though most hate it, I like the car and I'd like to win it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190725-123428_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg
Screenshot_20190725-123428_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg (215.76 KiB) Viewed 212 times

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:27 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
The problem is that you swatted everyone with foreign IP's and that's also been allowed in the game forever.

Yes, it has, but also no, we didn't have this kind of tournament before.

And as Pepper has *repeatedly* stated they are refining this tournament based on lessons learned in this one. Hopefully that happens in an increasingly transparent manner. At least there is movement towards that and I for one reserve the right to be cautiously optimistic. It won't all change overnight.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

Timmr

Windows PC

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:37 pm
Yes, it has, but also no, we didn't have this kind of tournament before.

And as Pepper has *repeatedly* stated they are refining this tournament based on lessons learned in this one. Hopefully that happens in an increasingly transparent manner. At least there is movement towards that and I for one reserve the right to be cautiously optimistic. It won't all change overnight.

Yes sometimes in design & development things get overlooked or unexpected & unplanned circumstances arise. Consideration and tolerances is warranted.

However, sometimes it is indication of poor design & development planning period; especially if it is not the first and or only occurence. The question is whether to continue with consideration & tolerance or exepct real action.

I know......... It is just a game........
"I don't need any Vulcan or Apollo while I have my Dodge Dart !!!"

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 pm
Poor design? Check. Poor planning? Check. Still a game? Check.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 pm
A brief off-topic (sort of): I read many comments critical with Gameloft, why they do this, how can that bug happen, the CC is pathetic, Showdown mode is terrible, the flag-IP filtering is lame, etc. and my question is... Why such comments?

Sure, things can be better, they can always be better, but in the end here we are, playing Asphalt 8 and enjoying the game (at least I play it because I like it), and from my point of view, Gameloft is trying to make new additions to the game to make it even better, fix bugs-glitches and trying to improve the overall experience of the game.

I think that constructive comments are much better than aggressive comments. Even though many state that none of GL's workers are reading the posts, I'm pretty sure they do. Another thing is that they answer the comments (from which 90% of the negative ones are just impossible to answer from a GL worker's point of view IMO). Anyway, this is just my thought. I guess many won't agree, but I think GL deserves some praise too.