Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 pm
Poor design? Check. Poor planning? Check. Still a game? Check.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 262 vehicles. Total Play Time: 82d 9h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Apr 16, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 pm
A brief off-topic (sort of): I read many comments critical with Gameloft, why they do this, how can that bug happen, the CC is pathetic, Showdown mode is terrible, the flag-IP filtering is lame, etc. and my question is... Why such comments?

Sure, things can be better, they can always be better, but in the end here we are, playing Asphalt 8 and enjoying the game (at least I play it because I like it), and from my point of view, Gameloft is trying to make new additions to the game to make it even better, fix bugs-glitches and trying to improve the overall experience of the game.

I think that constructive comments are much better than aggressive comments. Even though many state that none of GL's workers are reading the posts, I'm pretty sure they do. Another thing is that they answer the comments (from which 90% of the negative ones are just impossible to answer from a GL worker's point of view IMO). Anyway, this is just my thought. I guess many won't agree, but I think GL deserves some praise too.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 am
I assume you are not playing for long or don't take it seriously at all and never faced any issues in your gameplay.

No, they don't deserve anything. They scam the customers, they cherry pick the reports and only fix thing quickly which they think affects their revenue directly, they never keep their promises and keep breaking things. Keep making the same mistake over and over year after year after multiple warnings.

Think about these whinings as venting. Since it practically has no impact on the game anyway at least it helps those people to calm down a little.

Many people started constructive, helpful. Some even became a free part time worker for GL just like 'rez. But after you get slap after slap, scam after scam, you became sour and either you leave or become toxic and stay.
I personally helped fixing issues and anti-cheat but most of my reports went to dev/null and my issues which actually affect my gameplay were never fixed. (wrong json settings, graphics settings, cheating issue, cheaters getting my rewards, no detailed car buff/nerf changelog, fake speed and fake stats, decal LOD bug, A9 black screen bug, AX CB issue with overclock booster, A9 bounce bug, A9 SW not starting bug, A9 SW bar not being visible)
sure we got good things too as race restart button (not quick restart which is bugged), or tag racing, or fixing the no drift bug, but overall the game just becomes less and less playable, more and more pay2win, and this is very visible on google trends, on youtube, any statistics and leaderboards, because players leave the game, especially veterans and pros

And sadly I don't see Pepper could make any difference in this situation, especially since he is "just" a marketing guy and a mailman, with no direct access to GL backend and absolutely 0 knowledge about A8.

I would warmly welcome changes and cooperation, and if I see improvements, I at least would change back tone, but currently I see the person changed, everything else is the same. They will just milk the franchise until it's dead.

TL;DR

We just want to play the game and have fun, not face hard to follow buffs nerfs, price increases and rewards nerfs, face issues and provide free tech support to GL, find out why what does not work as intended and how people ****, just to never see anything being fixed.

I would say meh, A8 and A9 community is just toxic (it is), but I can barely point out false accusations, people describe very real issues... And are short on patience.

P.S.

A9 situation is a lot worse, here in A8 forums you can read good thoughts and good bug/issue reports. (filled with sarcasm and impatience)
A9 forum is just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
A9 discord is mostly also just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
But, if you look careful there are some good statements on discord too, but most of them only focus on game economy which will never change since pay2win is the strategy, therefore CMs don't even find a list long questions worth answering. (suggestions-official-answers)

-Cracker-

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:20 am
@V.BoyFreak
I do not know since when you play this game, so maybe you are the exception of the following statement.

Veterans know how much better this game was a few years ago, yes since when GL made a few good changes
- credits are server based
- warning sign for spending tokens
- replay (even tho it still does not work)
- how to apply free upgrades
- fusen, and the unlocking of fusion points
- open multiple boxes at once
- maybe some like the new MP
- starting to remove fake speed

Some of these changes were demanded since the beginning of this game, so GL does not really deserve  praise for FINALLY doing something right. At the same time they did soooo much wrong. I will not start a list, because you can read it in many threads.

There is a reason many, many players left the game. Why are some still playing?
- teams, if you have friends who play this game too, it can still be fun. Not because of the game, but to share something with others and have fun in chat groups.
- automatism. You play just because you can and it is something you do every day. Not because of fun. You just think ....Mmm ok a few TLE runs will not hurt.

Ofc, there are still people who get big eyes as soon as GL releases a new shiny and blinky trailer, and drool over the new cars. But I do not want to know how many dreams were crushed as soon as the R& D's started.
This game is just not customer friendly. Normal people do not have time to play every 3h, normal people do not have 100$ to buy 1(!) New car.

Now you can say, you do not have to get those cars! Yes,. Right but what other things can you do? The classic season can entertain you for ... a few months ...After that, all what is left are TLE and those R& D and CC. And even if you play them regularly.You will never get the amount of cards needed.
You can win those cars by not max/ pro them for sure, but I do not see the point. Already 80% of the cars are of no use, and a car which isn't even fully upgraded is even more useless.
As Quailsorm said some people put a lot of work into this game (wiki, HOF, Tuners, Apps) what does GL? They change the performance and cost with each upgrade...Do they give us those new infos ...NO! 
how many great challenges did we see over the years, now with Mystery closed, we can only play S9. 
I can only imagine how many cool car track combos would be awesome and cool to test, if all tracks were avaible on QR, 1 lap, fix payout 5,5k+ credits.
That those glitches in the resent tournament get so much notice is GL own fault. Those would have been reporter long ago, if everyone had access to them and not only those who actually are able to win those new cars.

To ME A8 is about presition. I love those moments, when the camara gets pulled in. This new.stuff (bikes and Shadow mode) is just not my thing.
if you read the forum, you will notice that the core of this game is what people love, but instead of improving we often just get new stuff. I know many people like bikes, that's ok, but did you ever see a bike challange? I know, I know why not just ignore them. In the past this was not easy, because every time you opened boxes the game remembered you that those things actually existed.

I stopped playing, and I am just here for the tournament, still I am **** about how this game was / is handled.

...But it's just a game...(no, to me it was more, because I got to meet some really cool people)
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:49 am
@Cracker & @Quailstorm: I understand your points. I'm an Asphalt 8 player since day 1, when it was released, and not everything has been smooth with Gameloft, but they truly did some good things for me. The best one was transfer my iOS account to Android, quite possibly because they saw on me someone who would continue investing money in the game.

I play basically because I enjoy this racing game, collecting the cars and MAX-PRO'ing them. I also enjoy the TLE's, the new showdown mode and the summer tournament. It has nothing to do with automatism in my case.

Anyway, I appreciate your explanations of your points of view and now I understand more why these comments arise.

@Cracker: since you're here for the tournament only, hopefully we'll meet in the next round when they get us to compete in a global event with the finalists :)

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:34 am
Just in case somebody from Gameloft accidentally clicks on the wrong link and finds themselves reading this page:

Yeah, what quailstorm and -Cracker- said above.

I could add a bunch of examples (like reducing and stealing Mastery rewards) but I think the picture is well painted by these guys.
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:05 am
VirtualBoyFreak wrote:
@Cracker & @Quailstorm: I understand your points. I'm an Asphalt 8 player since day 1, when it was released, and not everything has been smooth with Gameloft, but they truly did some good things for me. The best one was transfer my iOS account to Android, quite possibly because they saw on me someone who would continue investing money in the game.

One time platform change is a right of any player. There is nothing to praise in that.

This is similar like Hungarian forums users told me CC is not bad, because when they purchased stuff and it only stole the money, they got the stuff via CC in a few days. And I was like WTF broooo????

(btw. I am also here because I love A8 mechanics and it is simply the best gameplay for me, but everything else is ruined and my friends are gone, meanwhile in A9 not even the core gameplay is good)
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:28 am
@Quailstorm everywhere I've checked it says you can't change savegames between platforms. What you get a one time change is the country flag AFAIK. Anyway, I don't think that what we say here is going to change much of the game. GL-Vivendi have their objectives and that's about it IMO.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:58 am
Well, in A9 (discord) they say 1 time platform change and I know 50+ who did it.
In A8 I don't know, but I would not consider the obsolete and often fraudy webpages as facts.
You could change platform in A8 too.

But yes it is kinda not advertised and unofficial, still if you ask CC it will work.

Stach

Windows PC

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:25 pm
I'm playing here for almost 5 years, It used to be fun, now the players are for nothing, only the money counts. Instead of introducing nonsense novelties, it was enough to refine what was already there. This game begins to flatten and get bored. He can entertain new players (children) but not me. I doubt if the GL rulers read and care about our opinion.

1. Nie muszę grać, gram, bo chcę.
  2. Czas gry 82 days and 8 hours, for now
  3. Graj uczciwie szanuj swojego przeciwnika