Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:13 pm
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Also, we are not cleaning glitches. There is no way for us to prove any time has been done using an exploit. I'm currently working on a statement regarding this. It ain't easy, but it is something we did not forsee.

Third party software and modded versions of the game (E.g cheats) have been checked for all entries.

Please don't insult my (our) intelligence.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Peter2593 wrote:
It's funny how people still expect anyone associated with GL to do something that requires the use of their brains.

Respawn glitch and shortcut videos only exist since 2014, GL had no time to prepare yet. Maybe in 2030.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:12 pm
Idk how respawns are managed in game, but to resolve all glitches that exists on all maps maybe can be done in a way that respawn point cant be furter down the track, only at same place where it start or even before.
Game, i hope, can detect where car leave track before wreck/going of bounds.
In TLE-s this wont make any diference, problem can be only in MP but glitches are rarely used in MP anyway.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm
That's what they did in A9.
Basically if you respawn there you can mostly close the game, because you will be so far back, you cannot catch up.
In A9 it puts you back to the last place where the car was on the ground with 4 wheels, which, considering the bounce issue, can mean very long sections.

(imagine chaining a few ramps and getting physicsed then being placed 10 seconds back on the map, this is A9)
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:50 pm
Ok, but this is perfect for TLE-s.
Cant expect any good time with wreck, besides, it will be same for all who wreck.
For mp leave it as it is.

Stach

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:20 pm
What would you write to me is GL and he will do it his way

1. Nie muszę grać, gram, bo chcę.
  2. Play honestly respect your opponent
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:44 pm
Ah, just read posts at discord, some ppl sucedded making a glitch and now every second post is how, where, when.
It is not about racing anymore, now is about finding glitch :(

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm
Hi everyone,

I wanted to use this moment to share a statement from our dev team regarding the state of the Summer Tournament and the participants that have found & used exploits to gain an advantage on the qualifiers.

Rest assured that our team is carefully cleaning the leaderboards, however, if a player discovers a glitch that we were not aware of, there is nothing we can really do against this. It’s something that, for now, we must tolerate. We should not blame the users for trying to score the highest times on the race as long as they only use the tools that are given to them.

We will be working to fix this glitches from future editions of the tournament but as it stands now we will not be disqualifying those who use them.

Thanks for your understanding.
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)
no avatar

pb1908

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:20 pm
Pepper, is that statement not a contradiction in terms? How can you clean the leaderboards and then claim that the players who have used the glitches have done nothing wrong?

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 pm
Glitches are not technically cheats: Glitches are available by just using the game as-is, without using any external cheats/hacks.

Not necessarily a position everyone subscribes to, but that's what it is.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019