Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:59 am
Yes ash, they cleaned all non right flag, and i supose to good times (glitches) but i cant be sure, it is only my view, dont have any official info.

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 am
Hello guys!

I'm sorry for those of you who travel for work or leisure and then play the game. As mean to fight against flag-changing the IP's are checked for all participants. Disqualifying those with an entry done in a different country in their flag as the one corresponding with their IP.

We are very aware of the false-possitives this can create for racers with the charasteristics above and also with people who live near borders.

Nevertheless, we decided that it was more important to ensure flags and IP's matched.

I want to reiterate that we will be running many more editions of this tournament in the future, improving step by step with each one. In fact, and I'll let you in on a little bit of a secret, we are currently planning the next one to be on October. (If it all goes well, please don't quote me on that xD)
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:05 am
Also, we are not cleaning glitches. There is no way for us to prove any time has been done using an exploit. I'm currently working on a statement regarding this. It ain't easy, but it is something we did not forsee.

Third party software and modded versions of the game (E.g cheats) have been checked for all entries.
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Also, we are not cleaning glitches. There is no way for us to prove any time has been done using an exploit. I'm currently working on a statement regarding this. It ain't easy, but it is something we did not forsee.

Third party software and modded versions of the game (E.g cheats) have been checked for all entries.

Maybe you can upload to your server the ghost race as well as the time, to check how the lap was done. The problem would be if someone accidentally makes a glitch race and improves their time... I've raced hundreds of times this track to try and improve my time and never encountered a glitch which benefited me, but I wouldn't like to encounter one. I want to win the tournament, but I want to win cleanly, not using glitches.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:52 am
Thnx on info.
I hope you will use world wide or atleast EU for next tournament, let say double numbered from all other country have.
Or to somehaw define regions, e.g. east europe, west europe, etc.
Im sure ww asphalt 8 have very very good drivers.

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:13 pm
Mabye we could have a mediocre / average tournament for us peps that don't have any hope of making the top 10 out of 60,000 + peps you know a tournament for us Normie's 😁

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:31 pm
Credit where credit is due, if I'm prone to criticise I'm also prepared to praise.

This is good info Pepper, thank you. It would be better before the fact of course, for everyone, to manage expectations.

In this situation you failed to anticipate the obvious (many flags don't match IP's - did you validate that before implementing your rule?) and then had to use a blunt instrument to mitigate (not fix) it. Thereby disapointing many of your most important customers. In the middle of an event. That's both poor planning and poor execution. In a marque event. We, your customers, could have helped you avoid both. Feel silly now? You should.
Hello guys!

I'm sorry for those of you who travel for work or leisure and then play the game. As mean to fight against flag-changing the IP's are checked for all participants. Disqualifying those with an entry done in a different country in their flag as the one corresponding with their IP.

We are very aware of the false-possitives this can create for racers with the charasteristics above and also with people who live near borders.

Nevertheless, we decided that it was more important to ensure flags and IP's matched.

And then...

OMFG.

Tetsuo_Shima

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:53 pm

GL used to fix glitches. Why did they stop? Also, any player can look at a lap time and know if it's legit or not. Why not have a known Asphalt 8 YouTuber post a lap of a King's Highway run with the Zeus Twelve Sigma having a lap time under 1:01:000? Or, and this is my favorite, how about 0:59:xxx?
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:19 pm
If GL cannot prove that a time was done via a glitch, how can they prove, that a time was cheated if it does not exceed the legit zone and is not detected already by the game?
I guess it cannot prove this either.

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 pm
It's funny how people still expect anyone associated with GL to do something that requires the use of their brains.