Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Re: Asphalt 8 : Tournament Summer 2019

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 am
Dex1 wrote:
Im sure on yt will be good runs.
I will search for it when event start and post.
From now on only 10 best per country will advance, so really excelent run only will make it.

I searched for them and they weren't any good tbh... The best run I could find is the official one from GL showing the best run. I watched it several times, trying to improve some of the sections I thought could be improved and got to 1:03:393. I haven't been able to reproduce my 1:03:393 again (EDIT: 1:03:162 achieved, yay!), but I was able to shoot a video of a 1:03:6xx lap. In any case, GL's video has a better time. I recommend watching that one and trying to reproduce the lap improving those parts you see can be improved :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20190723-091743_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-091743_Asphalt 8-1665x810.jpg (208.99 KiB) Viewed 130 times
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:42 am
I post in othet thread my run, quailstorm too, ruben video on yt is too.
from 1.02,5xx to 1.02,3xx.
Good runs that can be better but only by, maybe 0,2-0,3.
Browse trough this thread, there are links to videos  viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=684935 :
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am
Dex1 wrote:
I post in othet thread my run, quailstorm too, ruben video on yt is too.
from 1.02,5xx to 1.02,3xx.
Good runs that can be better but only by, maybe 0,2-0,3.
Browse trough this thread, there are links to videos  viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=684935 :

Saw your video. Great lap, you improved exactly where I thought could be improved. As you say, you might get 0.2-0.3 better with a perfect lap improving on 1 or 2 sections of your race, but not much more. I'll keep on trying to improve my lap, but I'm not sure I can make it. I also see/guess you all play with left-right controls or keyboards to make those times. I got used to playing with accelerometer controls and I can't make any good runs with touch to steer controls, which I think are better for this kind of runs. Anyway, I'm still first in the Spanish event, so hopefully in a few days I'll have the Zeus Twelve Sigma in my garage :-P

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am
Erm... I'm a bit late to the party, but is this cup only showing up for the top 100 in the Tennerife cup? Probably a dumb question. I clocked in at #104? - so I guess they must have actually cleaned up the LB slightly? :D

Run it a few times and this track is so glitchy on my phone I literally can't get round without crashing. Position #52 in the UK - only 69 people have run it so far!
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:59 am
Yes ash, they cleaned all non right flag, and i supose to good times (glitches) but i cant be sure, it is only my view, dont have any official info.

Pepper666

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 am
Hello guys!

I'm sorry for those of you who travel for work or leisure and then play the game. As mean to fight against flag-changing the IP's are checked for all participants. Disqualifying those with an entry done in a different country in their flag as the one corresponding with their IP.

We are very aware of the false-possitives this can create for racers with the charasteristics above and also with people who live near borders.

Nevertheless, we decided that it was more important to ensure flags and IP's matched.

I want to reiterate that we will be running many more editions of this tournament in the future, improving step by step with each one. In fact, and I'll let you in on a little bit of a secret, we are currently planning the next one to be on October. (If it all goes well, please don't quote me on that xD)

Pepper666

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:05 am
Also, we are not cleaning glitches. There is no way for us to prove any time has been done using an exploit. I'm currently working on a statement regarding this. It ain't easy, but it is something we did not forsee.

Third party software and modded versions of the game (E.g cheats) have been checked for all entries.
no avatar

VirtualBoyFreak

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Also, we are not cleaning glitches. There is no way for us to prove any time has been done using an exploit. I'm currently working on a statement regarding this. It ain't easy, but it is something we did not forsee.

Third party software and modded versions of the game (E.g cheats) have been checked for all entries.

Maybe you can upload to your server the ghost race as well as the time, to check how the lap was done. The problem would be if someone accidentally makes a glitch race and improves their time... I've raced hundreds of times this track to try and improve my time and never encountered a glitch which benefited me, but I wouldn't like to encounter one. I want to win the tournament, but I want to win cleanly, not using glitches.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:52 am
Thnx on info.
I hope you will use world wide or atleast EU for next tournament, let say double numbered from all other country have.
Or to somehaw define regions, e.g. east europe, west europe, etc.
Im sure ww asphalt 8 have very very good drivers.

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:13 pm
Mabye we could have a mediocre / average tournament for us peps that don't have any hope of making the top 10 out of 60,000 + peps you know a tournament for us Normie's 😁