Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: MP - Grill Season

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:08 pm
Been trying an unboosted dodge dart - check out the thread about unboosted mp cars. It's great. Haven't raced this slow in ages. Here's a couple. The Suzuki was right behind me for 2 laps of Transylvania (the dezir kd'd me). And race #2: Everyone's a winner! :) (4 player race) edit: Oops sorry wrong photo. I think I've deleted the right one :lol:
Attachments
wp_ss_20190628_0003 (2).png
wp_ss_20190628_0003 (2).png (656.8 KiB) Viewed 148 times
wp_ss_20190628_0005 (2).png
wp_ss_20190628_0005 (2).png (564.62 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:45 pm
The good thing about using the DART is that you get to play mostly against noobies and beating them is very easy. Occasionally you get some smart[censored] that use DeZir and the like, sometimes TB, and then you are doomed, but you will most likely not get 4th or below, which then would be catastrophic. The bad thing about the DART is that your races will be long; noobies rarely choose one lap; they choose two or three and then leave the race before the final due to boredom.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:53 pm
Actually, racing Darts is really good for shedding rating if you want to move down out of a league like CL to PRO or maybe even down to Challenger or Amateur. Just race for fun and then pull over. A last place finish against opponents you’re likely to face will burn rating points in huge chunks. You can quickly get to the league you enjoy most and start your real serious racing from there.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:19 pm
@Jake: I've gone zen tonight, I've really enjoyed racing long races dead slowly :D Yes, they're almost all "noobs" as far as rating goes, but I've had some close races, especially with Suzuki riders. I get the feeling - I don't ride bikes - that they're ever so slightly faster?

@oldman, I like your free-style with league/rating - with 1000 tokens for either pro or champion, that might be the way to go :)
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

arcbow

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:55 pm
oldman65 wrote:
Actually, racing Darts is really good for shedding rating if you want to move down out of a league like CL to PRO or maybe even down to Challenger or Amateur. Just race for fun and then pull over. A last place finish against opponents you’re likely to face will burn rating points in huge chunks. You can quickly get to the league you enjoy most and start your real serious racing from there.

You can't go down to amateur. and you only can go down to Challenger Tier 1. Because You won't lost any ratings even you finish 8th if you at Amateur or Challenger League.. the only way to go down to Amateur League is Quit the race.
own:135/~ I'm here to play game and having fun

Future Plan: a Collector.  p)
no avatar

JZO

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:07 am
You guys are saying some interesting stuff about dropping down in leagues. I never considered THAT. It may worth a shot. Nothing wrong but MP is so stale for me right now. I need a boost or a change.

No pun in... Well, pun intended.
Racing name: The Silver 7.  

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:09 am
arcbow wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

You can't go down to amateur. and you only can go down to Challenger Tier 1. Because You won't lost any ratings even you finish 8th if you at Amateur or Challenger League.. the only way to go down to Amateur League is Quit the race.

Or do what I do sometimes and quit racing for a week and get the 100 rating penalty. 🤣
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:10 am
Another five consecutive races in the M2.
Lost to H2 and another M2 from being KD'd at start. Lost to M14A flat out. It's the better car in that race.

Pepperpot

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:13 am
Is the Hennessy Venom GT worth getting for 1.45 million?
I take it the AMV is dead?

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:20 am
The venom has good stats and easy car to drive, but has fake speed. Might be good some day if they fix the s class fake speeds like they did with a few lower ranked cars this update.

No reason not to buy credit cars. You can farm for more credits.

Also, part of the New World Glory collection which gives TKs for both completion and max.
       1991 MAZDA 787B