Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

1191

Re: MP - Grill Season

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm
Well so far at 2420, BUT it's been a bit of a frustrating season, probably because I am finally understanding the Risk mechanic (called by some helpful to ALL players LOL) from using it so much. This is how it works for those not sure.
Once I got to 25% which was about 1 in 4 races since because of Risking (IMO) I had no chance due to vehicle rating differences, I had about a 25% chance to totally destroy all opponents with at least a +40 vehicle rating over other players but otherwise I could have a fair race (+/- 30 vehicle rating) or be destroyed by higher vehicle rating players in the same way. Once I hit 50% I was always at least +47 vehicle rating points higher than the lowest car but could also be racing against higher vehicle ranked racers also Risking. If there were 2 in the race I was done since in CL you lose it all if you come in 3rd. Fortunately for me there was almost always only 1 which meant I never came in 1st either since they were at least +40 vehicle rank points above me. At 75% it actually seemed safest because I never raced against higher vehicle ranked racers Risking but often a couple other nearly same ranked with the rest of the pack much much lower. Then when I hit 100% and after about 1 more race after that 1 of 3 things would happen. I would race with a huge advantage (up to +116 in my case) over the lowest vehicle rank and easily win the race, I would race against others at about the same rank also Risking which would make for a tough race, or I would end up as a bottom feeder in a race vs higher vehicle ranked racers (up to +159 vehicle rank) and lose badly.
Can't really say it's been fun. Seems like best tactic is just get to about 1000 pts, Save and get out before it's too late.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

 
User avatar

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

7147

Re: MP - Grill Season

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:15 pm
BT9 wrote:
.... So many cars in garage but only can use ....??
 


Well I probably have more cars (226 atm) than @peter ....still only one car is useful for me...R8SE..
Quote Hulk from Avenger : " that's my secret...I'm always angry" :D
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

1191

Re: MP - Grill Season

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Well an R8SE owner would say that...what I wonder is does even the great R8SE survive the roulette of 100% Risk?
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

 
no avatar

taki

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

340

Re: MP - Grill Season

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 pm
BT9 wrote:
Well an R8SE owner would say that...what I wonder is does even the great R8SE survive the roulette of 100% Risk?

Well an MP4/8 owner would say that..meow 

Image
Attachments
Desktop 2019-07-09 23-46-51-319.png
Desktop 2019-07-09 23-46-51-319.png (1.91 MiB) Viewed 418 times
User avatar

Nive

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

450

Re: MP - Grill Season

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:21 am
10 races back to back testing out a fresh SIN (I had it at stock).
I mainly tested to see how it fairs against the maxpro 370SE. At my rank it's 1 kmh slower than it, but the truth is there's a lot of cars that have the same speed around the low 1500s so competition is kinda fierce. (mostly among all the high-end C-classes; Alpine, M14A, Trezor, etc)

My thoughts: not good but not entirely bad. Just competitive. 
Next test: ED again. 

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

1115

Re: MP - Grill Season

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:19 am
BT9 wrote:
Is that why you are always so angry Peter??? So many cars in garage but only can use Dart?
When I first started MP I always chose 3 races to **** off CL invaders :D

I have 70+ cars in the garage and I can use a couple but dart is probably the safest right now at 100% riak. But it's so slow that i usually fall asleep halfway through the race and crash a couple of times but I never ever end up worse than 2nd...lol
User avatar

Ewa Sobota

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

339

Re: MP - Grill Season

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:48 pm
It's not easy to play King Dart 100% risk, it means it's too easy, it's so easy to fall asleep. just a moment ago I was driving 2 laps in Tokyo, a torment. And before the other drivers told me to go 2 laps in Island Rew. I thought to get out of the race from boredom, but luckily the children agreed to the Eliminated race, so I got them out before one lap passed. Points for rewards very easy, always first, others unboosted.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

1191

Re: MP - Grill Season

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:18 pm
i don't know what MP rating you guys are at now but I tried the Dart and ran into a pair of slightly higher 959 and Dezir who smoked me at 100% Risk. Dezir is just the King of the lower ranks now. I say we pass the title.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

 
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

1191

Re: MP - Grill Season

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 pm
Nive wrote:
Next test: ED again. 







Image

 

See you met up with Jake in his Cheatron.   Surprised I never have since I love the 1500s.
Who are you again?  MYWAY?   I am BTairborne in game.   I will look out for you but Android players are my enemies :D

Torqs are still beasts in the 1400s.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

 
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

1191

Re: MP - Grill Season

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm
taki wrote:
BT9 wrote:
Well an R8SE owner would say that...what I wonder is does even the great R8SE survive the roulette of 100% Risk?

Well an MP4/8 owner would say that..meow 



 

Taki that's not what I mean, you got the even matched race IF that is even at 100% Risk.  The roulette I am speaking of is when you are at 100% Risk and get matched aginst other Riskers who are 50+ vehicle ranks above you.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne