Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

"Random" boxes: yeah, right

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:43 pm
While pro'ing the Aston Martin today, I ended up needing a few more drivetrain and exhaust cards, while I already had enough tires and suspension cards. So I opened a bunch of B class boxes. I did this several times, and the results were similar every time. I'm attaching a screenshot of the biggest batch I opened.

With a sample size this large, it's pretty obvious that this is on purpose: You get what you already have, and you don't get what you're looking for.

At a gut feeling level, we have all known for years that Gameloft is doing this, but this is the clearest evidence I've seen so far. Shame on you, Gameloft.
Attachments
IMG_5679.jpg
IMG_5679.jpg (130.84 KiB) Viewed 741 times
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Re:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 pm
I many times posted videos about that.
If .. then.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Re:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 pm
Loot boxes are a scam, odds are manipulated, only the fools would believe otherwise, after playing this game for a while. It is just one of the many hurdles we players have to learn to deal with in the game.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 pm
WOW. I thought it is bad, have had similar experiences with opening boxes but on a much smaller scale, but this...
ABSOLUTE, SHAMELESS, SNEAKY SCAM, dear gameloft, be proud of yourselves
#GameloftedToo. "We haven't finished sabotaging our own game as yet. Just wait and see." Brought to you by GL Inc. All rights reserved.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Re:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:32 pm
Workaround would be to cut/fuse all 4 type of cards to exact same number before upgrading car.
But then dont be surprised if your phone/pc/tv die ;D .

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Re:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:06 am
I just think the loot boxes need to go, in all games.
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Re: Re:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:24 am
Dex1 wrote:
Workaround would be to cut/fuse all 4 type of cards to exact same number before upgrading car.

I did that after collecting enough evidence. It still wasn't balanced then, though, making me wonder if the odds aren't just based on inventory, but also on things like cards required for cars in currently active events.
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Re:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:38 am
Same thing is happening to me. Only tires and suspension with the occasional exhaust. Gameloft, why do you insist on being cheap hucksters? Makes me hate you.

MaxPROdeLambo

Google Play (Android)

Re:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:28 am
I was low on B tires drive train and exhaust after Spyker. Opened all my spyker boxes last week and got suspension every time. 🤬

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Re:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:32 pm
Is this only affecting class B? I have opened 45 D boxes, I got a fair amount of each part.
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)