Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Re: Showdown Update - Patch Notes

Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:07 pm
It's *supposed* to hit the 1st place car - there are a few considerations I came across:
1) If multiple surge strikes are hit at once, multiple cars are supposed to get hit
2) At the end of the race, surge strikes will hit the cars not having crossed the finish line
3) Position is determined at the time the strike is fired, i.e. it can happen that you /were/ in 1st or the game /though/ you were in first when the strike was fired but you are not anymore when it hits.
4) Sometimes the car(s) in front of you are far enough ahead that you do not see whether they had a shield available

Nevertheless, I have also seen that I fired a surge strike and I didn't get *any* visual feedback whether the car was hit and/or defended itself.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 am
Once I saw the racer in first place display as 2nd place, thus avoiding surge strike. Of course, he was ‘lagging’ all over the track, running into me then warping ahead, fake crashing, all the classic h___s.
no avatar

Jpc

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:13 am
Rapture,
Thanks for the info. However, I was in third place at the by the time anyone got anything. Given that I was in third place out of four racers,the math doesn’t add up. I didn’t have a surge strike. If the 2nd place car targeted the 1st place car, the 4th place car should target the 2nd place car. The only way for me to be targeted in that situation is for all the cars except 1st place, including me, to have the surge strike. That isn’t what happened.
Regarding number 3 on your list, one time I was targeted and the red shadow was building. I hit the brakes letting the 2nd place car take the lead and they got hit. I’ve only seen that once so it could have been a glitch.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:00 am
@jpc : friendly suggestion... Don't sweat over it... Many things are unexplainable with GL's logic...

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 pm
@JPC - 1st place can fire a surge strike as well. But it has to be timed *after* someone else has deployed theirs, and *before* it hits. You won't /get/ a surge strike when in first place, but you can keep a surge strike when becoming 1st.

Nevertheless - what **** said.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 pm
It’s not supposed to be enjoyable. It’s supposed to frustrate you into buying your way through. As illogical as that is, it’s what we’ve all observed for several years from GL. Unless a bug benefits players, it will never be fixed or even looked at.

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 pm
notanewbie wrote:
It’s not supposed to be enjoyable. It’s supposed to frustrate you into buying your way through. As illogical as that is, it’s what we’ve all observed for several years from GL. Unless a bug benefits players, it will never be fixed or even looked at.

Spot on 👍🤔
Would you mind getting steadily frustrated, trolled and annoyed even if you spend $? Are you having that feeling of being tricked and devalued? No worries! Welcome to the Gameloft world!   8-)
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:58 pm
Guy in first place was laying down ‘Distruptors’ like he had an endless supply. It’s possible to get two disrupters and lay them down very close together, but he was dropping three or four distruptors in quick succession. I hope GL will fix this. Note: I didn’t hit any of them, so I couldn’t confirm whether they were real or just an illusion. Still, it should be fixed.
Attachments
950CB78B-F3C7-4170-9031-1AE858CCCC8B.jpeg
950CB78B-F3C7-4170-9031-1AE858CCCC8B.jpeg (771.38 KiB) Viewed 215 times
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:13 pm
Finishing Showdown TLE in first place does not count toward this Daily Task. Shouldn’t it?
Attachments
7BC0BC96-B649-40C6-BDF5-57795DFD8CB5.jpeg
7BC0BC96-B649-40C6-BDF5-57795DFD8CB5.jpeg (742.54 KiB) Viewed 213 times

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:39 pm
Showdown events aren't really events. They're pretend events. They're non-events. Even GL realises 😅
Cars owned: 211
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6