Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Showdown Update - Patch Notes

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:07 am
Danger Mouse wrote:
audiorapture wrote:
I've asked Pepper what the current state of available BPs is is *supposed* to look like.

later...

Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Hi ...,

Blah, blah, blah...

<doesn't answer question in thread>

Cheers

Prosecution rests.

Hahahaha...

Yup CMs always does this "BLAH BLAH BLAH..." bur never reply to anything important...lol

Would be interesting to find out how many times a month the CURRENT CM actually posts some "Blah Blah Blah" messages on this official forum...I suspect it won't be more than 10 fingers worth of messages...

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:38 am
I am actually investigating right now the issue with the risk mechanic, as I personally do not understand it.

I don't think is fruitfull to answer a message from a different thread. This thread is to discuss the Showdown Update notes.

I will now move your conversation about the risk mechanic to it's right thread.
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm
I am actually investigating right now the issue with the risk mechanic, as I personally do not understand it.

I don't think is fruitfull to answer a message from a different thread. This thread is to discuss the Showdown Update notes.

You went off-topic to tell us not to go off-topic. 😂 So you have nothing to say about our feedback, I take it?
no avatar

notanewbie

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 pm
I see another single-player SD TLE has started and no changes are apparent. It’s still a frustrating frag fest that makes me quit races faster than a half-barrel roll. Why don’t the devs reduce the number of racers to 6, 5 or 4? That’s all we typically face in MP and MPTLE, anyway.

And, why does our brand new CM talk to us only occasionally? Isn’t this your full time job?
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Great to hear..now what thread? I can't find it.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm
notanewbie wrote:
And, why does our brand new CM talk to us only occasionally? Isn’t this your full time job?

It isn't. There is also FB and discord (which is the new baby), and not just for A8 but also Minion Rush. Maybe others. Also, being present in the communities is only a fraction of his job. Also also, Pepper is more aligned with marketing, not development. And he's still learning the ins/outs of A8 fully. Remember how much (little?) you knew after <2 months? Keep in mind the FUD he gets from the higher-ups, too. ;)
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Thanks a lot Audiorapture.

It's kind of hard to get back to messages like this myself. It feels like i'm just making excuses for myself.

The truth is, that I understand here is where most of the hardcore players are, but the other channels are equally important.

And to be honest, with so much hate it becomes hard to even try to start a productive conversation.

When I first jumped on A8, the processes were all new for me. I had to first learn how everything, all our tools and calendars worked. The reports and scheduling. And then I started investing time on finding new ways to streamline those tasks to gain more time to do other things.

Answering on the forum, is true, wasn't one of my priorities. I will have more and more time the sooner I invest on improving the work on the other tasks. And now I'm focusing on working with the influencers. 

Soon Teo will be ready to start participating more on the Forum. She will speak for me and for the brand, but most importantly she will help me with tasks that consume my time, like the Forum Challenges. After streamlining the process, I taught Teo how to run them and now she will keep them going.

So please just be a bit more patient. I know it's hard look forward after feeling ignored for so long, but I'm taking this one day at the time. I will like to be part of this community for a long time, and if you didn't realize, the fact that I am here at all, means that Gameloft is bettting on Asphalt 8. Our marketing team is growing. We will have much easier tools and more personnel to do amazing things with you. 

And I would like you to be part of the Asphalt 8 revolution. Just give us more time ;)
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:44 pm
@Pepper : be brave, you've been warned before :D

Give him some break, at least we have someone who's in charge... Don't know till when...

If hate is involved, nothing will be solved. So will with personal dislike.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:21 pm
@Pepper - I've always wondered why Customer Care don't monitor the technical issues side of this forum and respond to questions/reports in a timely manner? That would surely reduce your potential workload, make that section of the forum actually useful (it's a waste of space at the moment), and improve customer satisfaction no end. Everybody wins.

As for the hate, if Gameloft stop f'ing over their customers there won't be any hate. The hate is a direct reflection of the attitude of the company that pays you, fixing it is in Gameloft's control, complain to them, not us.
no avatar

Jpc

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:57 pm
There is a problem with the Surge Strike in the MP TLE. Twice in the past few days I have been in 3rd place out of 4 drivers and am targeted/hit by a surge strike. The second time happened about 20 seconds into the race. Neither had the first or second place cars hit by anything.
Is surge a random thing or is it supposed to hit the first place car?