Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Re: Asphalt 8 - Update 33

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 pm
EDIT: For sake of simplicity I'm combining all my leaked findings in one post now:

According to the wiki + other leaked sources:

All four boosters are server side now. (Double Credits, NS, TK, Extra Tanks)

New cars:
Infiniti Project Black S
Ford GT 2017
Koenigsegg Regera
Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita
Aston Martin Vantage

Showdown Mode:
Is literally Mario Kart meets Asphalt 8. You use power-up items on other racers/yourself to win the race...
According to the leaked pics, it looks similar to the format of Festivals (but it'll appear as TLE before that, as mentioned by Pepper). Theres a trophy icon, box icons, and the meter. Maybe the power-up items works like coins, this would encourage people to take part, this would also mean its forced on players to play this style (it's not a new "mode" akin to Career Mode/Bike Mode or a new selection akin to Classic/Infected/Elimination?)

eSports:

There's apparently gonna be an eSports-like tournament happening in A8 during the month of July. It has the aspahltesports.com URL link but that currently points to a page that clearly looks like its Asphalt 9-only. So this could be a mistake? But Pepper did mention this part in the promo video so maybe they haven't added A8 to it yet.

Events:
Championship: Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita
R&;D : everything else

Nobody knows classes yet, all the leaks have different claims on what engines, so I'm not posting any of those here.

Some pics showing the Mario Kart-esque of the showdown mode plus the new inventory screen with boosters and upgrades.

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:12 am
Alexatrom wrote:
@Nive BIG thanks for sharing this much information.👍👍👍

(Boosters now on servers like inventory, max upgrades, events etc. A8 went more and more to an only online//wifi game over the last year.)

Not too sure if boosters are going to be put server side since as far as I know, credits aren't server side yet...lol.

twentyeggs

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:31 am
Peter2593 wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:
@Nive BIG thanks for sharing this much information.👍👍👍

(Boosters now on servers like inventory, max upgrades, events etc. A8 went more and more to an only online//wifi game over the last year.)

Not too sure if boosters are going to be put server side since as far as I know, credits aren't server side yet...lol.

The Credits are weird right now, but they ARE server side; at least partly. For example If you have 2 devices, one for playing TLE at 60fps and another for MP. Any credits USED will be deducted for both devices immediatly in real time. However, if you GAIN any credits through farming, openeing boxes, Ads ect.. the inrease will only happen on the device currently being used.
So how it works? I have no idea.

Also putting boosers on the server, this is honestly terrible news. There is no reason to need to organize boosters. There is a large perce=enage of people who reply on off line play as the internew
________________________________________________________________________________

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:01 am
Just realize if booster on server side you can't farm offline anymore.. How great would that be??

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:15 am
They are making A8 in each new version more and more like A9.
I never wanted to play A9 and I will not want to play an A9-like A8.
The idea behind all this, IMO, is to save on programmers. Whatever they code for A9, they will reuse in A8.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

arcbow

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 am
Wow so it will like mario cart? LOL  :D

and about DC, I hope it's will work like when I wanted to farming and I didn't have DC, I just went online then buy it with 100 tokens then offline then restart the game.
own:135/~ I'm here to play game and having fun

Future Plan: a Collector.  p)

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:26 am
arcbow wrote:

and about DC, I hope it's will work like when I wanted to farming and I didn't have DC, I just went online then buy it with 100 tokens then offline then restart the game.

@ arcbow    what do u mean u went online & buy the DC  . Then offline & restart the game !  Why do u do that ? What is the benefit from doing what u said ! Just curious ?

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:58 am
Neilson wrote:
arcbow wrote:

@ arcbow    what do u mean u went online & buy the DC  . Then offline & restart the game !  Why do u do that ? What is the benefit from doing what u said ! Just curious ?

Perhaps if you don't have a very high data allowance on your phone contract. I don't know how much A8 uses I've always had unlimited data but that's more than tripled in price over the last 5 years.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk
no avatar

arcbow

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:15 am
Neilson wrote:
arcbow wrote:

Benefit? there was not. 
well... if I think about benefit... maybe... when offline, I can farming without disturbed by ads. The ads gives 2 tokens, that always come up when you done MP or TLE or a race. And sometime it couldn't play or close, just a black screen. But what I want to do at that time is farming credits, so that will be good if there is not anything disturb me.
own:135/~ I'm here to play game and having fun

Future Plan: a Collector.  p)

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 am
arcbow wrote:
Neilson wrote:
arcbow wrote:

Benefit? there was not. 
well... if I think about benefit... maybe... when offline, I can farming without disturbed by ads. The ads gives 2 tokens, that always come up when you done MP or TLE or a race. And sometime it couldn't play or close, just a black screen. But what I want to do at that time is farming credits, so that will be good if there is not anything disturb me.

@ arcbow. Ok that makes sense  I been having hella issues with ads poppin up freezing , glitching up & sometimes they completely shut the game off !  & I can't close the ad the little X at the top corner of the screen doesnt work half the time ! So I got to swipe up the status bar and hit  the arrow to get the ad off !