Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Re: Asphalt 8 - Update 33

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 pm
Mclaren MCLExtreme apparently.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 pm
twentyeggs wrote:
SO the organizing of the boosters. Does this mean the boosters and upgrades are going to be stored on the server now?

hackers question of the update eh?

mr.Gops

Windows PC

Kharkov, Ukraine

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm
MCLExtreme
Attachments
mclextreme-1.jpg
mclextreme-1.jpg (44.74 KiB) Viewed 249 times
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:11 pm
Looks fast, but it's Mclaren...is there some deal they have with them that their new cars put in are to be OP?
I don't know why they made X2 so good, Mclaren **** these days, cannot compete in F1 at ALL. Why think their engine in an X2 would be any better? Just silly how they made it an S car too.

Kazairl

Veteran

Windows PC

United States

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 pm
I'm SO glad I didn't fuse my stockpile of CREs to clear inventory space.  That is, IF this uses CREs instead of some brand-new horsepucky type of engine card.  What's the over/under for number of engines this takes to max out?  The X2 was 64 engines.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:50 pm
Kazairl wrote:
I'm SO glad I didn't fuse my stockpile of CREs to clear inventory space.  That is, IF this uses CREs instead of some brand-new horsepucky type of engine card.  What's the over/under for number of engines this takes to max out?  The X2 was 64 engines.

:D yeah and I've collected all but 6 of them. Zero CREs. Guess I'll be passing this one.
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:34 pm
That's a photoshopped pic, McLaren Championships have a different championship icon to the other championships. They use the McLaren logo (looks like a curve), Porsche championships have a shield logo, all other car brands use the regular "arrow" logo.

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 pm
According to the wiki + other leaked sources:

All four boosters are server side now. (Double Credits, NS, TK, Extra Tanks)

New cars:
Infiniti Project Black S
Ford GT 2017
Koenigsegg Regera
Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita
Aston Martin Vantage

Showdown Mode:
Is literally Mario Kart meets Asphalt 8. You use power-up items on other racers/yourself to win the race...
According to the leaked pics, it looks similar to the format of Festivals. Theres a trophy icon, box icons, and the meter. Maybe the power-up items works like coins, this would encourage people to take part, this woud also mean its forced on players to play this style (it's not a new "mode" akin to Career Mode/Bike Mode or a new selection akin to Classic/Infected/Elimination)

eSports:
There's apparently gonna be an eSports-like tournament happening in A8 during the month of July. It has the aspahltesports.com URL link but that currently points to a page that clearly looks like its Asphalt 9-only. So this could be a mistake? But Pepper did mention this part in the promo video so maybe they haven't added A8 to it yet.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:14 pm
Thanks @Nive. Is it just me, or does Mario Asphalt sound actually quite fun? :lol:
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 pm
@Nive BIG thanks for sharing this much information.👍👍👍

(Boosters now on servers like inventory, max upgrades, events etc. A8 went more and more to an only online//wifi game over the last year.)
Everyone‘s a Beta-Tester.