Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

ash1 wrote:
I've been playing bubble witch recently - downloaded it for my daughter and ended up getting hooked :lol: - and in 6 months, I've spent about quadruple what I've spent on a8 in 5 years. As a micropayment game, bubble witch is spot on. The progression/payment ratio is perfectly judged to lead you through 1000+ levels with just the occasional temptation to buy a little help. There's no messing - no feeling ever induced in the user that they've been shafted - no regret that you've spent a whole £2.50. I've been more than happy to pay for the entertainment this game has given me. ( And no, I'm not a King employee, or affiliated with or related to any of its employees ;D )

So which did you download, bubble witch, bubble witch 2 or bubble witch 3???
no avatar

GamerLionfish

Google Play (Android)

So far, great update. However, the problem is that I can't find any new V6 cards needed to update the 370Z S.E to win its R&D championship. Instead, tonnes of V8 cards are thrown my way to get the Aston Martin updated which is great, but I can't the 370Z's engine parts which is holding me back in the event.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Harry K wrote:
BT9 wrote:
Well it seems most people either VIP 0 or still very low VIP but have played over years are just spending tokens earned from MP mostly so without increasing costs how can they get them to spend real money? Entertainment is meant to have cost, as it is a luxury.
Obvious what they have done so far has not worked. The goal is..zero long term free players and always have a reason to spend $.

I'm sorry BT9 but do you really think punitive measures for non/low paying players is a sensible step. Colour me **** but don't think the play for free people are going to cough up hard currency just because GL are being tight fisted.

If I pay £10,000 on the last years special events (R&;D, Championships, etc) to buy the boxes I would only be VIP level 7 because spending money does not necessarily grant you points.

I was promised things when I invested cash, those promised advantages have been devalued. If you think that's ok then fine, I don't.

Do I think the Free Play people will suddenly start paying money?  I don't know.  I don't get you guys. 
#1 I don't find it very ethical to keep playing for free if I enjoy something.  I believe in paying back.  People need to make a living.  
#2 I budget for entertainment and like to spend it on whatever currently is my interest.
#3 There is a smart way to buy things in any Free to Play game and not so smart ways.  You just have to decide how you want to do it.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

BT9 wrote:
Harry K wrote:
BT9 wrote:
Well it seems most people either VIP 0 or still very low VIP but have played over years are just spending tokens earned from MP mostly so without increasing costs how can they get them to spend real money? Entertainment is meant to have cost, as it is a luxury.
Obvious what they have done so far has not worked. The goal is..zero long term free players and always have a reason to spend $.

I'm sorry BT9 but do you really think punitive measures for non/low paying players is a sensible step. Colour me **** but don't think the play for free people are going to cough up hard currency just because GL are being tight fisted.

If I pay £10,000 on the last years special events (R&;D, Championships, etc) to buy the boxes I would only be VIP level 7 because spending money does not necessarily grant you points.

I was promised things when I invested cash, those promised advantages have been devalued. If you think that's ok then fine, I don't.

Do I think the Free Play people will suddenly start paying money?  I don't know.  I don't get you guys. 
#1 I don't find it very ethical to keep playing for free if I enjoy something.  I believe in paying back.  People need to make a living.  
#2 I budget for entertainment and like to spend it on whatever currently is my interest.
#3 There is a smart way to buy things in any Free to Play game and not so smart ways.  You just have to decide how you want to do it.

Yes I agree games need money to survive. They need money to pay for server costs, programmer costs, office costs etc. But there are ethical and non ethical ways to get players to pay to advance in the game. You look at the top grossing games for iphones or android phones and you won't see A8 or A9 anywhere near the top positions. Clash of Clans and I think Candy Crush have always been among the top grossing games since they started. In clash of clans, there is a very clear line between paying and free to play to play players. If you are free to play, then basically you can't get any of the rare items BUT the game itself doesn't **** players over and over with each update. Candy Crush is pretty wierd. I never get why people would want to spend money in this game. You can progress whether you spend money or not in the game. You don't get screwed at all even if you don't spend any money and yet people willingly spend money just to progress faster.

Contrast this with A8. I'm speaking as someone who has played this game for 6-7 mths. And in this short period, I had the FLU which increased the PRO kits by such a crazy amount, followed by the SPU where they screwed up some of the MP tuned cars by changing the ranks and now finally the SDU where they really outdid themselves by screwing with the stats of C & D class cars, increased the costs of purchasing parts with tokens in the exclusive offers and put in mario kart as a new game mode.

Now even as a free to play player, if I were willing to spend money before these updates, would I even consider spending money now after getting hit with 3 updates in the last 6 months and with each update being worse than the previous one? Let's put it this way. Players spend money in a game just so that they can progress faster, get new stuff and to get more enjoyment from the game. If a game comes out and basically tells every player that if you don't pay money, I'm gonna **** you so hard, you won't even feel like playing the game and if you pay money, I'm still gonna **** you but not as hard as those free to play players and I'll continue screwing each and every player with every new update. 

I've spent money in other games where I enjoy the game AND I don't feel that I'm getting a big stick poked in my ****** with every update BUT in A8, I don't see why I should even spend a single cent in it. As it is I don't even play it much these days. I do 1-2 runs in each TLE, I don't even have the cars for some TLEs anyway, for MP, I just do it in 2 days to save 20k pts and get to 2.3k ratings and subsequently it's just 1-2 races daily just for the daily task. And I run the 10 ads daily just because I think it's probably the most interesting aspect of the game for me now...as I just want to see how badly GL can **** me over in these free ads...lol.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

ash1 wrote:
Because GL are just s**t at tempting me to buy anything. Their micropayment model - for me anyway - is all wrong.

That's because A8 actually /isn't/ a miropayment model. At least to me, anything over $5 is not a micropayment.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Anybody managed to tune into the feedback session on Discord? Was it a decent event, how was the vibe, anything good come from it, thoughts?
no avatar

Pinaki

Google Play (Android)

Just couple of weeks ago, I bought 50 FiV8 engines for 5k TK and 80 V8 for 5k TK. Now GL is selling 36 v8 for the same 5k TK. This is freaking insane! BPs are also being sold for double price than before. They are moving too fast too soon. Moreover they just killed dezire and porche 959. Not liking this update so far, not at all.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

BT9 wrote:

Wow, you really don't get it do you?

**** is fun, even if you're paying for it. On the other hand paying to get raped, which is still ****, is not much fun at all.

It's only fun when both parties win. Gameloft have tilted the board so far in their favour that there is no longer any balance.

MaxPROdeLambo

Google Play (Android)

Deliberate or just incompetent? I thought it was the latter until recently. Shutdown mode convinces me their tactics are not loyalty based. I think they are deliberately targeting a younger audience in the hope that they will spend their parents money on lootboxes in the short term.. And to hell with the long term, just **** in more kids and maybe get a few of them addicted.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

@Peter2593: Bubble witch 3. I've nearly finished it :)

@AR: You're right, it's no longer a micropayment model. Or maybe it is for noobs, where buying 200 tokens makes a big difference. I'm just saying that whatever model they're using, for me it isn't working.

@BT9: Keep being rosy tinted, it's good to have varied opinions in any discussion group. But stick around. You'll sooner or later get as grumpy as the rest of us :D
Cars owned: 211
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6