Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

axt

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Any news on the engine requirements for the new cars?
Ex Asphalt player.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

JZO wrote:

Deary, deary me. That's just shameless GL. Give it a rest.

yeah, man. I have to admit, that's ridiculous.

I think it's fair, why shouldn't VIP have better pricing?
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

BT9 wrote:
JZO wrote:

Deary, deary me. That's just shameless GL. Give it a rest.

yeah, man. I have to admit, that's ridiculous.

I'm not saying they shouldn't. It's one thing to reduce prices for VIPs but GL didn't do that. Instead they increased prices for others. My VIP 3 deals have dropped from 50 engines to 37 for the same price. If I pay another £50 I'll get the same deal I got last week. There is nothing right or fair about that. This is not rewarding cash customers it's punishing those who don't spend enough.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Alela Diane - The Pirate's Gospel. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwSxHiiNSw
no avatar

JZO

Apple (iOS)

VIP SHOULD have better pricing. But pricing in general SHOULDN'T be altered and drastically increased to the point of ludicrousness. I understand the business end. But that's really NOT good business there though.
Racing name: The Silver 7.  
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Well it seems most people either VIP 0 or still very low VIP but have played over years are just spending tokens earned from MP mostly so without increasing costs how can they get them to spend real money? Entertainment is meant to have cost, as it is a luxury.
Obvious what they have done so far has not worked. The goal is..zero long term free players and always have a reason to spend $.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

BT9 wrote:
Well it seems most people either VIP 0 or still very low VIP but have played over years are just spending tokens earned from MP mostly so without increasing costs how can they get them to spend real money? Entertainment is meant to have cost, as it is a luxury.
Obvious what they have done so far has not worked. The goal is..zero long term free players and always have a reason to spend $.

I'm sorry BT9 but do you really think punitive measures for non/low paying players is a sensible step. Colour me **** but don't think the play for free people are going to cough up hard currency just because GL are being tight fisted.

If I pay £10,000 on the last years special events (R&D, Championships, etc) to buy the boxes I would only be VIP level 7 because spending money does not necessarily grant you points.

I was promised things when I invested cash, those promised advantages have been devalued. If you think that's ok then fine, I don't.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Alela Diane - The Pirate's Gospel. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwSxHiiNSw

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I'm one of the many long term players who don't (or no longer) spend money. Whatever they keep trying, I'm just not tempted. I've been playing bubble witch recently - downloaded it for my daughter and ended up getting hooked :lol: - and in 6 months, I've spent about quadruple what I've spent on a8 in 5 years. As a micropayment game, bubble witch is spot on. The progression/payment ratio is perfectly judged to lead you through 1000+ levels with just the occasional temptation to buy a little help. There's no messing - no feeling ever induced in the user that they've been shafted - no regret that you've spent a whole £2.50. I've been more than happy to pay for the entertainment this game has given me. ( And no, I'm not a King employee, or affiliated with or related to any of its employees ;D )

I've had enormous entertainment from a8 for the time I've been playing. Have I paid for it? No. Why? Because GL are just s**t at tempting me to buy anything. Their micropayment model - for me anyway - is all wrong. And, of course, a big part of the model must include inculcating trust in the vendor. GL, you've monkeyed around with both the game and its players for so long now, and so consistently, that whatever trust any of us might have had in you has vanished.
Cars owned: 207
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

CortoMaltz

Google Play (Android)

ash1 wrote:
I'm one of the many long term players who don't (or no longer) spend money. Whatever they keep trying, I'm just not tempted. I've been playing bubble witch recently - downloaded it for my daughter and ended up getting hooked :lol: - and in 6 months, I've spent about quadruple what I've spent on a8 in 5 years. As a micropayment game, bubble witch is spot on. 

I am downloading it as we speak  ;D
Dreamers' gonna keep dreaming, the big boss' gonna keep pouring turds on their heads

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

CortoMaltz wrote:
ash1 wrote:
I'm one of the many long term players who don't (or no longer) spend money. Whatever they keep trying, I'm just not tempted. I've been playing bubble witch recently - downloaded it for my daughter and ended up getting hooked :lol: - and in 6 months, I've spent about quadruple what I've spent on a8 in 5 years. As a micropayment game, bubble witch is spot on. 

If you want a free racing game, and I mean free, get Beach Buggy Racing. All the Mario Karts malarkey but shorter. It only takes about 36 hours to finish. After A8's pressure sales it's a dream.

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Harry K wrote:
CortoMaltz wrote:
ash1 wrote:

If you want a free racing game, and I mean free, get Beach Buggy Racing. All the Mario Karts malarkey but shorter. It only takes about 36 hours to finish. After A8's pressure sales it's a dream.

There are actually 3 beach buggy racing series...beach buggy racing, beach buggy racing 2 and beach buggy racing blitz...lol