Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Asphalt 8 - Update 33

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm
fabio_negri wrote:
Mina & Pepper said it is about ability, tactics  and luck .. we will see but a TAG MP TLE would be nice also

Nothing to do with actual racing only though.   I've always hated the gimmicky aspect of knockdowns and boosters and cars being able to violate the laws of physics.    This Showdown crap is just more of that.

I realize i'm probably in the minority.  I'd rather have more of a racing sim than an arcade game.  I used to play NASCAR racing a lot for that reason

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

One race of Showdown mode was all it took to make me not ever want to play this game again.   Gameloft has to have the stupidest people in charge ever seen in a gaming company.

MaxPROdeLambo

Google Play (Android)

null wrote:
One race of Showdown mode was all it took to make me not ever want to play this game again.   Gameloft has to have the stupidest people in charge ever seen in a gaming company.

What he/she said.

MaxPROdeLambo

Google Play (Android)

Also I note that the price of enzo BP has mysteriously doubled. Thabks for thinking of me GL.
no avatar

AC2

Windows PC

50 x FiV8's on offer to me at the moment for the old expensive rate (I haven't updated) so so tempting !
I've already bought a batch lot of Mid Techs this morning.
Apologies to those unfortunates who have already updated.

And I have no intention of playing Mario A8 Kart, so will hold out for as long as possible.
no avatar

MotorCityBudz

Veteran

Windows PC

MaxPROdeLambo wrote:
Also I note that the price of enzo BP has mysteriously doubled. Thabks for thinking of me GL.

Wish I could trade you the 600 useless BP boxes in my inventory. Doesn't look like they ever plan to ad any new BP cars since they keep changing them back now  ::) But I'm sure if the Enzo is what you're looking for you'll only get one or two out of the whole pile anyways

Francesco.Carollo

Windows PC

AC2 wrote:
50 x FiV8's on offer to me at the moment for the old expensive rate (I haven't updated) so so tempting !
I've already bought a batch lot of Mid Techs this morning.
Apologies to those unfortunates who have already updated.

And I have no intention of playing Mario A8 Kart, so will hold out for as long as possible.

I fully agree, in fact it is a game mode "stolen" from Super Mario Kart, but not only from another PS4 game WipeOut. With this new game mode they have ruined the '' race filing '' of A8
Vehicles 240/241, 237 max pro

Stars 2445/2515

Patents 7685/7500

Helmets 1175/1595

I hate the new Showdown game mode  :')

I love Asphalt 8: Airborne  p)

AssassinNPP

Veteran

Windows PC

Bulgaria

Showdown is A FREAKING JOKE!!! 
This mode probably was invented by someone during his stay in psychiatric clinic.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

I will explain.
GL developers had that code, from A9, to make cars flash in various ways and colors and they thought: why don't we reuse this code in A8 so that, little by little we make A8 very similar to A9, just to annoy to death those bastards that refuse to move to A9? But they had to have some idea on how to use these silly effects then after some brainstorming with some kindergarten kids, they all came up with the Shutdown mode.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.