Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Asphalt 8 - Update 33

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 pm
In the last 15 days I’ve gotten 17x Tuning Kits and 26x Nitro Starters from watching free ads. I’ve got a bigger inventory of boosters than tech cards:

BOOSTERS: DC: 33, TK: 121, NS: 150, ET: 146
TECH: ET: 46, IT: 39, MT: 10, AT: 5

I am VIP 11 and I get 6x Extended Tanks and 3x Double Credits boosters every month. I ration these pretty heavily, since I can’t get them any other way for free.

Additionally, The TK and NS boosters have been trickling back into the Events mode races. I haven’t kept track of them like I’ve done with the ads, but I know I get them every few days from various special races that pop up in Events. Got a TK and 2 NS from the Dragon Boat race for example.

So, while the boosters did dry up for a time after the FLU. GL has been slowly reintroducing them again. (At least the TK and NS boosters.) ETs and DCs are still very rare in Ads and you pretty much can only get them from the daily calendar awards.

What has truly vanished are the free class upgrades. You only get them from CL and EL finishes in MP seasons and from collections if you still have not finished them. They have vanished from all other sources. Wouldn’t be surprised if they disappear from the game completely soon.
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 pm
Well that's crazy since I can't watch ads at all to get any free stuff.. I have to spend my hard earned credits.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Km4r0nFire01

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 pm
PRO KITS???????????????????????????????????????

R8se still absolute king?

TLE still limited useless, boring for lot of fuel?

hum good good good update, amazing
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 pm
- A class cars -

All A-class cars base ranks have been adjusted adding +50 points. MAX+PRO ranks of A class values haven't changed.

(E.g.) Mercedes SLS AMG

Before: 1314 base -> 1551 MAX+PRO
Now: 1364 base -> 1551 MAX+PRO

This way A class is now properly positioned in our ranks curve for the healthier MP races -- alongside with D, C, B and S classes that were adjusted in the same way during previous updates.” - Asphalt 8 Game Producer

I read this and see my Beast Alpha at 1480(ish) going up about 25 pts ranking once this hits.  Probably will not be competitive vs Mp4/8 and RX8SE anymore (or 370ZSE) unless I upgrade higher.  This is worth about 4 mph.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 pm
Lap-T wrote:
tell me why I'm particularly afraid about this "new inventory section for boosters and free upgrades"... :???: ;D

Same here mate -.I get this strange feeling of déjà vu...
Last time they unceremoniously 'stole' a good number of A- and D- class upgrades from me.

Eventually (weeks later) 6 A-class upgrades were returned, but only after Mina's intervention. A partial 'success' as I never got my D-class upgrades back. To put it mildly, I am not looking forward to these changes.
no avatar

Rons-Place

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm
Me. wrote:
Lap-T wrote:
tell me why I'm particularly afraid about this "new inventory section for boosters and free upgrades"... :???: ;D

Same here mate -.I get this strange feeling of déjà vu...
Last time they unceremoniously 'stole' a good number of A- and D- class upgrades from me.

Eventually (weeks later) 6 A-class upgrades were returned, but only after Mina's intervention. A partial 'success' as I never got my D-class upgrades back. To put it mildly, I am not looking forward to these changes.

Just wondering about car pacific upgrades displaying and made available for different cars in the class, I had a few that I couldn't use because the car was already maxed.
Also seeing they're going into inventory will you be able to use free upgrades to pro the car as well.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

Nive

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Why does the inventory section even need an area to "manage" boosters and upgrades??? It's not like you can trade or fuse them. And they're not useful sitting on an inventory screen. If they relegate to activating them via going into inventory instead of before race then that's just plain stupid/backwards.
no avatar

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 pm
BT9 wrote:
Well that's crazy since I can't watch ads at all to get any free stuff.. I have to spend my hard earned credits.

Sorry about that. Keep forgetting Android TV has no ads. Blessing and a curse. So, just the odd TLE and daily rewards. At least, recently they've started adding TK and NS boosters back into done of the TLEs. 

Tho, you're effectively getting the same number of DCs and ETs as the rest of us. Those are almost impossible to get from free ads.

Hopefully, the update will continue to increase the booster availability.
no avatar

Alexatrom

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 pm
Nive wrote:
Why does the inventory section even need an area to "manage" boosters and upgrades??? It's not like you can trade or fuse them. And they're not useful sitting on an inventory screen. If they relegate to activating them via going into inventory instead of before race then that's just plain stupid/backwards.

+1👍
It‘s a fine line, sometimes.

fabio_negri

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 pm
pizzaburg wrote:
fabio_negri wrote:
Non-VIP players get one Double Credits and two Extra Tank boosters from Daily Login Bonus every month, but it's nowhere near enough; and they're the most costly ones.

Hi pizza I could have sworn one ET

Hello Fabio! Just checked this month's Daily Login Bonus calendar, two Extra Tank boosters; day 2 and day 23.

thank you
sorry 4 my english ..
Speed Ultima Dea