Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

The new offers in exclusive deals is bull sh!t... FFS we are struggling enough as it is with the pro kit requirements, now they have to make it worse by reducing the number of parts for the same amount of tokens? 
Who the hell is still throwing money at this game? 2 weeks, that’s all it would have taken if people stopped spending money/tokens/credits after the FLU to make GL revert this ridiculous change. Instead, everyone just complains and 3 minutes later gives GL everything they want justifying the negative changes. 
Sure as sh!t people are going to buy these **** deals, cementing the decision forever.
Attachments
30A5E513-19B4-474C-A2CB-6205319DB3C1.jpeg
30A5E513-19B4-474C-A2CB-6205319DB3C1.jpeg (343.1 KiB) Viewed 185 times
________________________________________________________________________________
no avatar

MotorCityBudz

Veteran

Windows PC

@Me So I took my 30 screenshots in case anything disappears. Then I just tried to take the plunge and update on windows. Aaaaaand it's not in the windows store yet..…

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Me. wrote:
The game-update is available in Store for me now too - However, as i don't like the new Showdown mode (seen enough) and it seems prices in Exclusive Deals gone up significantly after updating (still need some engines) l think I best hold off untill updating becomes mandatory.

Question for those on Windows who've already took the plunge...  Any issues, eg. free upgrades capped at 10?  boosters?  etc.

Thank god the booster are not stored online... the update is really ****, all it does is display your boosters and upgrades in the inventory. The only thing you can do because of this is you can get rid of car specific free upgrades if you already have the vehicle maxed out, which really isn’t something that affected us. 
But it is confirmed, boosters are still on device data...

the show down mode is actually very entertaining... it is completely unfair, sidelining skill for luck, but for messing around and playing for fun, it’s pretty awesome. There is really nothing to lose by updating unless you are waiting for a specific exclusive deal to buy for the last time at the previously unfair price.
________________________________________________________________________________

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

MotorCityBudz wrote:
@Me So I took my 30 screenshots in case anything disappears. Then I just tried to take the plunge and update on windows. Aaaaaand it's not in the windows store yet..…

Hey MCB, how are you mate? Hope you're doing well  !
...an update notification popped up a couple of hours ago - I checked my local Store (8.1) and the game update is available for me - made screenshots but  I'm reluctant to take the plunge - I've had  issues after installing the FLU, Iost a good number of 'free' class-upgrades, eventually got some back ...weeks later and only after Mina's intervention so I decided to hold off updating untill I get some conformation something simular won't happen again. 

Btw  going by the ridiculous price hikes in Exclusive Deals (see pics in this thread) its obvious GL isn't done trolling...

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

twentyeggs wrote:
Me. wrote:
The game-update is available in Store for me now too - However, as i don't like the new Showdown mode (seen enough) and it seems prices in Exclusive Deals gone up significantly after updating (still need some engines) l think I best hold off untill updating becomes mandatory.

Question for those on Windows who've already took the plunge...  Any issues, eg. free upgrades capped at 10?  boosters?  etc.

Thank god the booster are not stored online... the update is really ****, all it does is display your boosters and upgrades in the inventory. The only thing you can do because of this is you can get rid of car specific free upgrades if you already have the vehicle maxed out, which really isn’t something that affected us. 
But it is confirmed, boosters are still on device data...

the show down mode is actually very entertaining... it is completely unfair, sidelining skill for luck, but for messing around and playing for fun, it’s pretty awesome. There is really nothing to lose by updating unless you are waiting for a specific exclusive deal to buy for the last time at the previously unfair price.

Haaaaaahaaaahaa roflol, thats funny twentyeggs,  I do like your sense of humour  :D
no avatar

MotorCityBudz

Veteran

Windows PC

@Me Doing well thanks! Hope the same for you. I remembered all the drama of the FLU hence my documenting everything I could before updating. lol So in the store it wasn't listed as having an update available. However when I clicked on A8 on the list of my apps it just started auto downloading the update.  ::) But everything seems normal exept a few things are repositioned and exclusive deal price changes. Free upgrades are now on top, credits are on bottom. So careful when upgrading not to click out of habit and hit the wrong one. Off to go experiment with a couple of these ridiculous showdown races  p)
no avatar

taki

Windows PC

9 times win in a row but this mode is so boring. I really dont like those 2 laps. 1 Lap is enough
Attachments
Asphalt 8_ Airborne 2019-06-22 1_23_16.jpg
Asphalt 8_ Airborne 2019-06-22 1_23_16.jpg (422.75 KiB) Viewed 126 times

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

pizzaburg wrote:
You get 25 legendary-type engines now for 5000 tokens in Exclusive Deals. It was 50 engines before the update.

UNBELIEVABLE!

V8 engines got even more of a price hike: Prior to the update, the standard offer I saw was 80 V8 engines for 5000 tokens. Now it's 30 V8 engines for the same 5000 tokens.

That's a 267% price increase. 🤪

Or does the number of engines you get depend on how many engines of a given kind you already have in your inventory, just like the drop rates from random boxes do? That would be even worse.
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Want to write something but idk what.
No words again, pull your big fat walets out or quit, bad message.
no avatar

MotorCityBudz

Veteran

Windows PC

So yeah..... Showdown=Asphalt Mario Kart, as many have already stated. Won 5 out of 6 races. Didn't know how to even use the stuff the first race hence the loss. I had to go check the controls menu. lol But overall, boring car on a boring track for an unnecessary 2 LAP race. I'd rather just fire up the Wii and go play Mario Kart.