Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

pizzaburg

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Asphalt 8 - Update 33 - Showdown Update

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:46 pm
Showdown Update, the 33rd update for Asphalt 8: Airborne, released on June 20th on iOS & Android, and June 21st on Windows.

New Game Mode
  • Showdown (Augmented Multiplayer Racing)

New Vehicle(s)*
  • 2017 Ford GT
  • Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita
  • Aston Martin Vantage AMR
  • Bentley Continental GT3

Announcement
WHAT'S NEW
Gear up for the future with the next generation of racing challenges and technology!

SHOWDOWN MODE
We are proud to introduce a new action-packed, all-out brawl of a game mode! Strategically harness the might of high-tech tools to come out on top. Showdown Mode is available in the TLE section now, and may make more appearances soon!

ASPHALT TOURNAMENT SUMMER 2019
This July, take part in Asphalt Tournament Summer 2019, our first competitive season inspired by eSports competitions! Are you ready for the ultimate skill-driven rivalry?!

3 ABSOLUTE BEASTS
Koenigsegg is back with the CCXR Trevita! The Ford GT finally joins our ranks, together with the Aston Martin Vantage. But wait till you see what we've got up our sleeves for July...

A CENTURY OF BENTLEY
Happy 100th birthday, Bentley! Celebrate a century of excellence in Asphalt 8 by joining our anniversary Special Event. Unlock the Bentley Continental GT3 and play anniversary events this July!

INVENTORY REQUIREMENTS
In our constant quest to improve your experience, you can now manage all of your free upgrades and boosters in a new upgrade section.

Teaser/Trailer

Update Patch Notes
Hello, Racers!

Summer has only just started and we already have tons of good news to share with you like, for example, lots of information about what’s coming in our next update!

We will be doing our final wave of re-balancing, adjusting some car ranks, inventory improvements, changing some Blueprints cars and fixing some car’s infamous Speed Display Issue, aka the “fake speed”. Plus a lot, lot more.

Excited? Well, we are too!

CAR RE-BALANCING

- C and D class cars -

With this update we are concluding the Car Ranks re-work we’ve started earlier this year so now remaining D and C classes car ranks have been adjusted.

We have also slightly reduced the base Nitro that D and C class cars start with. We wanted to give a stronger feeling of progression when upgrading your vehicles and that it would be more in line with that of other cars we’ve released recently.

Nitro stats remain the same when vehicle is MAX+PRO

This change is another step towards the fair matchmaking in Multiplayer races that we are trying to achieve where each respective car has equal competition capabilities within its own ranks range.” - Asphalt 8 Game Manager

- A class cars -

All A-class cars base ranks have been adjusted adding +50 points. MAX+PRO ranks of A class values haven't changed.

(E.g.) Mercedes SLS AMG

Before: 1314 base -> 1551 MAX+PRO
Now: 1364 base -> 1551 MAX+PRO

This way A class is now properly positioned in our ranks curve for the healthier MP races -- alongside with D, C, B and S classes that were adjusted in the same way during previous updates.” - Asphalt 8 Game Producer

SPEED DISPLAY ISSUE A.K.A. THE FAKE-SPEED

We’ve been receiving lots of complaints regarding the fact that some cars feature the speeding values that differ from the ones set on their respective stats screens in Garage view.

With this update we make the first fix so that the cars feature consistent info – both in stats screen and during the actual race.

The fixed vehicles are the following:

-Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic
-Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2016 Veloce
-Maserati Alfieri
-Nanoflowcell Quantino
-Rip Rod ™

We will keep updating the remaining cars on the following updates.

BLUEPRINTS CARS

With the next update release the following vehicles will be switched from Blueprints status to non-BP one.

-DS3 Racing
-Alfa Romeo 4C
-Mazda 6
-Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2016 Veloce
-Chevrolet Impala
-Porsche 959
-Peugeot RCZR
-Kawasaki Z800

After the update releases we will have a dedicated discount for each car equal to the amount of Blueprints you own – so make sure you don’t fuse them away!” - Asphalt 8 Live-Ops team

INVENTORY IMPROVEMENTS

We’re adding a new inventory section for storing boosters and free upgrades so that you can manage them better.

NEW CARS

Of course, as with every update, some new rides will be joining the Asphalt 8 garage. The R&D for the Aston Martin Vantage will be available from the moment you update your game.

The list of upcoming cars is:

1. Aston Martin Vantage
2. Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita
3. Ford GT 2017

We have some more, but we’ve preferred to let you guess for now :wink:

NEW GAME MODE

And in our aim to keep bringing awesome new ways to race, we will be releasing an amazing new Game Mode in this update. So make sure you update your game as soon as it lands in the shop!

See you on the track,
The Asphalt 8 Team

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

* There are a few more cars to be released in this update, they haven't been announced yet.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Source(s): Asphalt 8: Airborne - Discord, Showdown Update - Patch Notes!, Asphalt 8 - New Update Announcement: SHOWDOWN, Showdown Update - Asphalt Wiki

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Asphalt 8 - Update 33

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:59 pm
So they are finally doing something about the fake speed. Good  ::)
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:02 pm
And the CARDS inventory stays the same size... 
Bastards.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

egkan

Steam

Fake City

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:22 pm
Does anyone really care about D and C class cars? Just give **** +100 Rank And I will be damn happy!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:36 pm
egkan wrote:
Does anyone really care about D and C class cars? Just give **** +100 Rank And I will be damn happy!

Its getting +50 at stock then lessening increase until max/pro where it retains the same rank. So, if you are not complaining about max/pro ARSEs then you should see some relief.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm
Sayaneechan wrote:
So they are finally doing something about the fake speed. Good  ::)

The question is are they fixing the actual speed to match the displayed stats or are they just changing the displayed stats? My guess is the latter; though, I would be very happy for the former to happen.

Also, curious to see how long it takes to get around to fixing all the cars with fake speeds. This is just a small subset. But we will take whatever we can get I guess.

✌️😎
       1991 MAZDA 787B

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 pm
@oldman the real question is WILL THEY EVER FIX ANYTHING....

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm
Glad they are starting to deal with the restricted BP cars. Hopefully, we will not have to wait very long for the remaining BP cars, whose cards are still unavailable, to be converted to purchasable vehicles as well. (Or just release the BPs for them again.)
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Lap-T

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 pm
tell me why I'm particularly afraid about this "new inventory section for boosters and free upgrades"... :???: ;D

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:57 pm
NoobDriver wrote:
@oldman the real question is WILL THEY EVER FIX ANYTHING....

🤣 ok play nice... at least they are fixing some things with which we’ve had issues. Let’s see how the update goes...

I know its hard with the track record lately. But there have been a few signs of improvement... They really do seem to be making some progress on the MP ranking system. (tho I believe it is too complex for them to ensure that it is truely fair. They have at least gotten a little more competition going instead of single cars being completely OP. (or atleast I think they will after C and D are finally cleaned up, and maybe the A class rank bump for non max/pro cars will help with further with the **** issue.)

Free ad rewards and before that the change to 100 tokens for daily tasks have been very positive.

What I see listed here looks good. Just not as far as I would like and also, as @JakeP mentioned, they still need to increase the inventory slots massively to handle the new pro requirements. (Or, just get rid of slots completely like they did for mp tickets. Either that, or dail back the pro reqs.

✌️😎
       1991 MAZDA 787B