Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: A8 Official Discord server is Open!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 am
Neilson wrote:
@ pete I had to look it up  ! Seems complicated u got to remember I'm retarded !  Im gonna stick to the old forum sometimes the old ways are still the best ! So hook a homie up once in a while with some info & latest news from discord 👍

Well once you start using it, it isn't that difficult. 

Updated my previous post with the engines required for the new cars. Seems like they will be using V6, Hybrid, FiV8 and V12 engines. How many per car is anyone's guess at the moment but I think it'll probably be a minimum of 60 to maybe around 100?
no avatar

taki

Windows PC

Pepper suck my dick noob.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:00 am
Neilson wrote:
I'm just fine with this forum 👍 plus i don't like having to download an app ! Lameloft might flag me for having installed 2nd party apps 😁

No need download anything, lol
Attachments
Screenshot_20190613-105306.png
Screenshot_20190613-105306.png (301.35 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Screenshot_20190613-105343.png
Screenshot_20190613-105343.png (67.16 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Screenshot_20190613-105523.png
Screenshot_20190613-105523.png (87.29 KiB) Viewed 255 times
Pepper suck my ****** noob.

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:06 am
Peter2593 wrote:
Neilson wrote:
@ pete I had to look it up  ! Seems complicated u got to remember I'm retarded !  Im gonna stick to the old forum sometimes the old ways are still the best ! So hook a homie up once in a while with some info & latest news from discord 👍

Well once you start using it, it isn't that difficult. 

Updated my previous post with the engines required for the new cars. Seems like they will be using V6, Hybrid, FiV8 and V12 engines. How many per car is anyone's guess at the moment but I think it'll probably be a minimum of 60 to maybe around 100?

@ pete good info thanks  for the news on the engine,s  👍  yah u know that's right , lameloft is gonna get us again on them upgrade,s

duke nuke em

Windows PC

USA

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:07 pm
Like any new guy,Pepper is gung ho.Like any experience A8 player,I don't need a new app to be ignored by GL.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same result.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:14 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
We really need a new way of communicating with Gameloft like we need a hole in the head... unless you're adding staff to cover the new platform then you're diluting the (already poor) attention this forum gets.

A9 main communication platform is discord, A9 GL forum is dead and toxic as hell. Though discord also is toxic. Most important info is usually shared on both. Since they are shifting towards newbies and younger audience, discord will be prioritized.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am
quailstorm wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
We really need a new way of communicating with Gameloft like we need a hole in the head... unless you're adding staff to cover the new platform then you're diluting the (already poor) attention this forum gets.

A9 main communication platform is discord, A9 GL forum is dead and toxic as hell. Though discord also is toxic. Most important info is usually shared on both. Since they are shifting towards newbies and younger audience, discord will be prioritized.

I don't care about A9, it's a terrible game.

Gameloft don't really want to engage with their customers, they wan't to do the minimum possible.

This won't prevent me, and others, pointing out what they're doing wrong. If something you own is toxic then fix it, don't make excuses for them.

Discord will be even more toxic because Gameloft won't be able to engage and satisfy enough free mods to stay on top of realtime communication. And they won't make the people investment they need to do it properly themselves.

They don't have enough staff to manage their existing online presence, adding new channels is both stupid and fatal.

Gameloft's customer engagement and digital strategies are woeful, they are failing to do the one thing a game developer must do before making money - keeping gamers happy.

ash1

Veteran

Windows Phone

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am
Danger Mouse wrote:
Gameloft's customer engagement and digital strategies are woeful, they are failing to do the one thing a game developer must do before making money - keeping gamers happy.

They're certainly not making you happy, DM ;)
Cars owned: 204
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold9

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 am
ash1 wrote:
They're certainly not making you happy, DM ;)

:)

The funny thing is that some of what they do is good, it's just obliviated by what they do bad and this is compounded by their woeful expectation management. If they simply got better at communication there would so much less angst.

As an established player it seems I'm actually better off after all the pre- and post-FLU changes. I get a few less (new) cars than previously but it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much, with ~250 cars in the game performance gaps are now so compressed and cars so expensive that the chances of me actually meeting a better car with a better driver are limited. I havent needed the Centenario or 600LT so don't miss them, Champion League is now simple even without them and the number of races needed for Elite is borderline insane, certainly unhealthy. New cars are not worth what they cost (for 20k+ tokens they should be utterly dominant) so there's zero incentive to get them.

So, instead of aiming for every car (I'm currently 247/247 and all MAX/PRO except my tuned AIE) I can be more selective. They're giving away more tokens and I'm spending less because I'm now more selective. This works in my favour.

They're clearly turning this game into a multiplayer shell for those that want to pay to have the latest cars. They're giving all new cars a MP advantage (either through favourable performance or matchmaking) and discouraging new players... soon it'll be entirely MP focused... and you'll have to acquire the latest cars to remain competitive... and you'll have to pay for that privilege. Rinse and repeat becasue that requires the least investment by Gameloft for the highest return.

Why not just come out and tell us what they're planning? A new communication channel? It's a waste of time and effort to put lipstick on a pig.

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 am

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 am
p)