Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Asphalt 8 Discord: Looking for Mods.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Hello Racers!

I want to announce that we will be launching our dedicated Asphalt 8 discord channel, a place to exchange ideas (very much like in the forum) but with tons of other cool features so we are really excited about it!

First we would like to find some volunteers that will form part of the Moderator program. Mods will function very much like our friends in the forum (making sure the rules are followed and the place is kept clean) and they will benefit of some awesome insight info to prepare them for each update together with some other cool stuff to appreciate their dedication! 

If you are interested in being a Mod, please answer these questions in your comment.

- What timezone do you currently live in?
- What languages do you speak? (We need you to speak english!)
- Do you have any experience as a Discord moderator?
- Roughly how active are you on Discord on a daily basis?
- How long have you been a part of our community and why do you think you'd be a good addition to the Discord team?
- Do you play on Android, iOS or Windows?
- What is your Discord ID?

Before applying make sure you read terms & conditions:  MVP PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The discord channel will be launched very soon, so if you are interested and you have wait it takes to become a member of our team we would love to count with you ;)

Cheers!
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Re: Asphalt 8 Discord: Looking for Mods.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:23 pm
So is introducing live chat/text into A8 a plan for the future?
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 pm
Do you mean in-game chat Harry? God I hope not. I think I'd have to join you :lol:
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 pm
ash1 wrote:
Do you mean in-game chat Harry? God I hope not. I think I'd have to join you :lol:

If it's the Discord I'm thinking of then yes, live in-game text or voice. But most games allow you to disable it completely.

Your always welcome to join the quitters group Ash. AAA (Asphalt Airborne Anonymous) is growing in numbers everyday. ;)
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the week - Catatonia - Road Rage - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bL0EqlDEk
no avatar

SUPER ZORGH

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:58 pm
Hola

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:01 am
God, I hate smug ex addicts. Eff off Harry and let me fester :D
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
no avatar

CHUGANDIAYIN

Windows PC

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 am
hola ola :v
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 am
No, discord is a completely different service than Asphalt and its in-game chat (A9 has it).
Think about it like another forum, but hidden from web search engines. For younger people it is more appealing.
Based on A9 discord experience, it is as useful as GL forums in terms of competence, but you may see tons of kids whining flaming and hating (A9 discord contains legendary amount of salt and cancer, though it is dying now, just a few people **** each other).

A8 does not have discord integration so you cannot use discord in-game as overlay. Via Xbox you can show you are playing A8 I guess, and there is chat and voice chat rooms.

sombrero11

Windows PC

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:09 pm
my timezone is EST
i speak spanish and english
yes
im active every day
i've been here since 2013, and i would be a good addition to the discord team because i know how to solve problems
ios and windows
falcon#1863