Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: New Community Manager: Pepper!

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 am
Pepper from Gameloft wrote:
Hello everyone!

Some of you might have seen me already lurking around in the forum or on discord. My name is Pepper (not real name xD) and I will be joining the team as the new Game Community Manager of Asphalt 8 as Mina transitions slowly to Asphalt 9 entirely.

I am a hardcore gamer and I very much enjoy playing Asphalt, (there is something about blowing up cars that always appealed to me).

I'm only a **** still, so bare with me. Just recently unlocked my first S car, the GTA Spano. (Pretty sure i'm going to regret it fast) I've got 600 stars on carreer mode, and reached Pro 3 (I think) on last MP season. Still ways to go, I know, but I'm sure you guys will give me a hand to get on it pretty fast. I'm counting on you.

On another note, I just want to say that now that we will have dedicated Community Managers for each game we hope we are going to be able to make tons of new stuff involving you deeper in the process.

Right now there are some pretty hectic new stuff coming to the game and I can't wait to share all that stuff with you. But I will need your feedback to make sure the Devs know how we feel about them and we change the ugly stuff.

Nothing really more to add for now but that I'm looking forward to racing with you ;)

Cheers.

PS: I'm from Spain. If y'all wondered.

Hi Pepper, what‘s your progress right now? Still upgrading the Spano? 😉 So you are invited to prove your words & meet us in two different threads by Audiorapture: „Drop Rate - Request For Info“ & „Engine Drop Rates“, believe it or not. Have fun.👍
Everyone‘s a Beta-Tester.

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:09 am
Alexatrom wrote:
Hello everyone!

Some of you might have seen me already lurking around in the forum or on discord. My name is Pepper (not real name xD) and I will be joining the team as the new Game Community Manager of Asphalt 8 as Mina transitions slowly to Asphalt 9 entirely.

I am a hardcore gamer and I very much enjoy playing Asphalt, (there is something about blowing up cars that always appealed to me).

I'm only a **** still, so bare with me. Just recently unlocked my first S car, the GTA Spano. (Pretty sure i'm going to regret it fast) I've got 600 stars on carreer mode, and reached Pro 3 (I think) on last MP season. Still ways to go, I know, but I'm sure you guys will give me a hand to get on it pretty fast. I'm counting on you.

On another note, I just want to say that now that we will have dedicated Community Managers for each game we hope we are going to be able to make tons of new stuff involving you deeper in the process.

Right now there are some pretty hectic new stuff coming to the game and I can't wait to share all that stuff with you. But I will need your feedback to make sure the Devs know how we feel about them and we change the ugly stuff.

Nothing really more to add for now but that I'm looking forward to racing with you ;)

Cheers.

PS: I'm from Spain. If y'all wondered.

Hi Pepper, what‘s your progress right now? Still upgrading the Spano? 😉 So you are invited to prove your words & meet us in two different threads by Audiorapture: „Drop Rate - Request For Info“ & „Engine Drop Rates“, believe it or not. Have fun.👍

He's been MIA for so long it's like he's now a prisoner or war...lol. Don't think we'll see him much till end of the year as usual. In fact I don't think he's even active on discord now...hahahahaha
no avatar

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 am
 He's been MIA for so long it's like he's now a prisoner or war...lol. Don't think we'll see him much till end of the year as usual. In fact I don't think he's even active on discord now...hahahahaha

(Don‘t forget about „AST“-journals! We will SEE him by subscription.)
Everyone‘s a Beta-Tester.

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 am
Yeah, another CM that floats in, promises lots and then just fades away to commenting on a couple of cherry-picked threads every now and then when it suits them, not their customers. They even stop responding to discussions they're actually engaged in... that's just rude on any level.

And Discord is a joke, even when GL staff show as online they never contribute. Another total waste of time and effort that dilutes their resources and distracts them from their official forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our CM's are - unfortunately - utterly useless.

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 am
taki wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
Yeah, another CM that floats in, promises lots and then just fades away to commenting on a couple of cherry-picked threads every now and then when it suits them, not their customers. They even stop responding to discussions they're actually engaged in... that's just rude on any level.

And Discord is a joke, even when GL staff show as online they never contribute. Another total waste of time and effort that dilutes their resources and distracts them from their official forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our CM's are - unfortunately - utterly useless.

6 or 7 players asked Pepper about, what they will do with players who used glitch in cup 1. it was 2 days ago. he did not answer ;D that means, they dont care ;D a cheat-glitch on the first track - lol

Well, CM = Community Manager = they are paid to manage the community of players

So, have you seen any CM doing this at all?

This basically answers whatever questions any player has actually. They simply don't care and can't be bothered with anything related to the game play of A8. Their only concern now is how to milk players for as much dough as they can.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 am
Peter2593 wrote:

Well, CM = Community Manager = they are paid to manage the community of players

So, have you seen any CM doing this at all?

This basically answers whatever questions any player has actually. They simply don't care and can't be bothered with anything related to the game play of A8. Their only concern now is how to milk players for as much dough as they can.

They **** people like audiorapture into doing their work for them.    Rez, the long-time mod carried water for GL for years.  I don't know if he finally just quit because he got bored with the way the game was going or because he finally saw through it all.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:04 pm
taki wrote:
Pepper [...] my [...].

With those piercings? Now there's an accident waiting to happen.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for now - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers- Roadrunner- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmHgnPPkkQ

Pepper from Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:07 pm
Wow!

That was a lot of hate!

The mods and I won't allow harrassement on the forum. I take that stuff very seriously.

I'm sorry many of you are dissappointed but that's no reason to be so hostile.

I love listening to constructive criticism but I don't have time for mean comments.
Hello peeps! I'm Pepper, Game Community Manager from Gameloft   ;)
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 pm
Common ppl. I know you are not satisfied, many of us didnt, but with that you wont get nowhere but to be baned.
I know many of you dont care, but, please, in the sake of humanity or few of us who still care, leave that personnal stuff for something else.
It is ok to rant, apoint to not fulfilled promises or whatewer but with some measurre.
no avatar

null

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:44 pm
Wow!

That was a lot of hate!

The mods and I won't allow harrassement on the forum. I take that stuff very seriously.

I'm sorry many of you are dissappointed but that's no reason to be so hostile.

I love listening to constructive criticism but I don't have time for mean comments.

You're coming in at the tail-end of a game that your company systematiclly ruined one update at a time.   The reason there is so much hostility isn't you personally.  It's because players have been lied to, manipulated and simply ignored for too long by Gameloft. 

Things that players have complained about for years never get addressed.  Instead, Gameloft ignores it and goes on it's merry way creating new things like motorcycles and Showdown mode that nobody ever asked for. 

Add in the exceedingly greedy updates recently where rewards in the game have gone way down while upgrading cars have increased astronomically.   I mean give me a break.  Look at the recent Ford GT 2017.  Upgrades cost A8Credits 1,900,000 + A8Tokens 8,000 while Pro Kits require A8Credits 944,800, 45 of each Class A Part, 44 Mid-Techs, 96 Advanced Techs and 80 V6 Engines..   It's just ridiculous.    It's made it more plain than ever that GL has transitioned A8 to pay to play.   People are just tired of it.