Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Re: Known and Recent Issues

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:48 pm
DriverFunk wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:
Today's game won't load ... if credits, tokens, FuCs that have finally loaded on the homescreen, inventory, events, ads, fantastic calendar are missing, the wheels are turning for Junklet and MP ... after yesterday's reset TLE we will probably see another week full of surprises from the A8 server ...
🥱

Most likely the new update is close and these days GL will upload "the new things". I expect the game not to work very well all the time.

This! ^^

Then the game will continue to work badly because the "new things" will require adjustment, then it will still work badly because they'll be rebalancing some parameters, then it will still work badly because they'll be trying the new "new things" and so on...
But hey, in between we may be blessed of a total of 2 hours and 4 minutes per week, flawless gameplay and performance, so be always active and wait for the blessings! ;D

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:41 pm
GlitchLads are about to release new form of MP mode (allegedly tag racing) but they still don't have clue how to fix gauntlet mode. I see ⬇️this spinning circle 95% of the time, don't know why and what it keeps updating or is it transferring personal data from mobile back to their business partners🤔
Attachments
PSX_20210126_190452.jpg
PSX_20210126_190452.jpg (176 KiB) Viewed 807 times
These day's I am talking to myself.

Present location https://tarmac8.freeforums.net/ 

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Known and Recent Issues

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:46 pm
@JakeP - it was removed, was confirmed already. The LB issue in Tire cup was reported yesterday, said they're looking into it today but no other information so far. Will try to ask for some compensation if possible.
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:59 pm
any info about the skidding/loss of control issue? Or should we just give uo hoping for a fix?
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:21 pm
and as usual no answer from the CM regarding the most important issue affecting the game.....is anybody surprised?
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:44 pm
comeongameloft wrote:
and as usual no answer from the CM regarding the most important issue affecting the game.....is anybody surprised?

Surprised of you asking for a gazillion times, no!
Surprised that she didn't provide any news, no, there are no new news, so what could she possibly say?

Nat B

Windows PC

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 am
Would it be OK if I let my imagination play? Just a little bit?

I can’t help thinking about time-sheets. By means of time-sheets the Big Corporate Brother can — along with many things — watch his army of little brothers, evaluate their efficiency (= what are they getting their money for?) as well as his own monetary efficiency (= what is he paying for?) etc.
So the employer provides codes assigned to different types of activities to keep them little brothers busy.

A few examples of activity codes:
Licensing Vehicles: XXXX
Designing a new Eldorado Megamall (where players can knock themselves out and buy a variety of items a racer could possibly desire): XXXY
Inventing Innovative Monetization Schemes: XXYY
PR activities: XYYY
…
…
Wait, and where is the code for CM forum activities? Blimey, no such code.

A code for fixing bugs?
Well, technically there might be a code for fixing bugs but those activities (=operating expenses to be allocated to purchasing Clorox disinfectant which per se is not designed to kill insects, including bugs, but it will kill them anyway) are kept on a close-to-zero level. Furthermore in order to use that code you have to get a special approval… let’s say from a Finance Guy. The Finance Guy has no slightest idea about job specifics of a programming engineer, and his rich vocabulary does not contain words like bugs and glitches. It contains terms like cash inflows and cash outflows, gains and losses, costs and benefits. So, any non-cash generating activity is for the Finance Guy some sort of infamita a mere thought of which can trigger uncontrolled panic attacks. And instead of approval the potential bug fixers will get a pep talk (Are you degenerates or what? Do we have to pay additional expenses incurred by your incompetence? Just do your bloody work properly and there will be no bugs.) I wonder if anyone would risk another approach to the Finance Guy with that bug nonsense request.

So, it wouldn’t surprise me if a programmer — upon receiving a package of some evidence (e. g. control issues) — would sigh, send the package to the waste basket by clicking the delete-button, and get back to designing another in-game… currency.

Disclaimer:
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, or business entities, independent or taken over, is purely coincidental. 
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:39 am
When are mooks planning to fix Neon Pursuit and Metal Garden tracks. I have lost a bunch of tickets because of improperly laid gates/ghost barricades.

Also if any of these mooks have ever played junklet they will come to know how annoying opponents ghosts and banner sized player names are. They can atleast 1. Make the ghosts more transparent and reduce its size 2. Get rid of players name, we know who we are challenging.
These day's I am talking to myself.

Present location https://tarmac8.freeforums.net/ 

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:42 pm
SmoothOperator wrote:
When are mooks planning to fix Neon Pursuit and Metal Garden tracks. I have lost a bunch of tickets because of improperly laid gates/ghost barricades.

Dunno what route you are taking but the one I use, for both tracks, have none of these problems. They are some of the tracks that I like the most in the game at this time. Their reverse counterparts, on the other hand, I hate them.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:44 pm
drhunziksv wrote:
please remove bikes from the calculation of Gauntlet rank

It seems GL fixed it. My new total rank is correct, Tomahawk is no longer part of it.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.