Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

TheGoldenRetrieverAU

Apple (iOS)

Re: Known and Recent Issues

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 am
Владо_Б wrote:
TheGoldenRetrieverAU wrote:
Владо_Б wrote:
Every second race with X2 in all these TLE cups i'm blown away by a landmine.

Kept skidding and crashing on the timber crossing near the entrance to the castle on Kings Highway TLE.

I just did it 5 times in quick solo offline same combo, 10 laps, not one skid, crash or landmine. Absolutely different from TLE. Is it the same for you ? 
@Alex yes i know it, but it's mostly about skidding and very sensitive handling. I put my sensitivity to 97% and it's good, but the landmines are everywhere around.
I'll check from now on every X2 TLE behavior and then offline same track, cause i'm very suspicious about what GL mess on their servers.

Nope for me still skids in the same place. 1st lap skid, 2nd lap skid and crash
Edit: changed the sensitivity from 60% to 80% only minor skid. 1 race only. More testing required

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 am
Just ran a few X2 laps. On or off-line didn't seem to make a difference for me it still goes wonky in the same places. Blew up 4 times in Tokyo, 1 180° and twice lost control completely and wreaked, all in a two lap race.

This is a repeating error, dig out the old subroutine and apply it. This time make the patch stick. Please.
The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm
^^^^^ This. Please.

Fix it.... again.... And tell whoever it is that keeps fiddling with the physics on these cars to leave it be. Go play with some other code.

Hopefully, this latest update will have the fix restored.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:18 pm
oldman65 wrote:
^^^^^ This. Please.

Fix it.... again.... And tell whoever it is that keeps fiddling with the physics on these cars to leave it be. Go play with some other code.

/* DON'T MESS WITH THIS BIT OR YOU'LL REALLY F*** THINGS UP*/

I've left myself the same notations in soooo many bits of code and seen them everywhere. If a writer doesn't leave proper notes a programme can't be properly updated.
The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:53 pm
Harry K wrote:
oldman65 wrote:
^^^^^ This. Please.

/* DON'T MESS WITH THIS BIT OR YOU'LL REALLY F*** THINGS UP*/

I've left myself the same notations in soooo many bits of code and seen them everywhere. If a writer doesn't leave proper notes a programme can't be properly updated.

lol, I have also done that as well. Usually in code that is forking off background process and monitoring them. Once I get everything working in parallel properly (sync'd with semaphores and locks in just the right places accounting for all the dependencies), invariably, somebody goes in and modifies something in one place and we end up with race conditions that are a pain to track down. Sometimes the warnings work. Other times, they just get ignored; because, "I'm just changing this one little thing." 🤬
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 pm
btw. Just applied the update and the X2 handling is still fracked! 🤬

Quit adding new features and fix the g*dd*mn bugs already!

Sorry for yelling. Just getting frustrated with this.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:42 pm
oldman65 wrote:

I wonder if they are leaving it like that on purpose. I never experienced those things in A9 and AX ::)
no avatar

Nat B

Windows PC

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 pm
^^ Imagine a bug giving a player 100k tokens or 1 mil FuCs for watching just one ad.

How long that bug would last in the game till it gets fixed?
Was du hast, hat auch dich, was du willst, fängt an zu befehlen.
Emil Gött

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:07 pm
Sayaneechan wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

I wonder if they are leaving it like that on purpose. I never experienced those things in A9 and AX ::)

Maybe, I don't know. Don't want to fix it? Don't know how to fix it? Don't believe it is broken?

No idea why it isn't fixed.

Just angry that it continues to be a problem. It is  the top car I have in the game and it is useless. All the resources spent to acquire it and PRO it are wasted atm.

Sigh. Just have to keep pinging them about it until they finally restore it or close the game. Not taking bets on which happens first. Could go either way.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 pm
Nat B wrote:
^^ Imagine a bug giving a player 100k tokens or 1 mil FuCs for watching just one ad.

How long that bug would last in the game till it gets fixed?

Tru dat. And they'd likely reclaim those rewards from your account...
       1991 MAZDA 787B