Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Issues - High, Medium, Low

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:50 pm
AndreeaFromGameloft wrote:
The problem you're facing with the CPU usage being 100% has to do with superfetch thing I told you about.

I've given you all the options that have worked for me in the past. I'm sorry if you found it so wrong :).
Hopefully you will find a better solution in this case.

Cheers :)

OK, then a detailed rant, miss.
Ok, I'm no expert, but here's what I do when I run big games such as LoL/Apex/WoW/OW on my computer.

This is not a big game, this is a Win8.1 Metro app for x86 (32-bit), using Direct3D 9_3 feature level, running under W8.1 compatibility on W10.

I don't feel like this Manage 3D settings is necessary here, I was fine without in the last 5.5 years. I actually used these settings or even nVidia Profile Inspector for fixed framerate no VSYNC gaming with forced AA, but it has absolutely nothing to do with A8 and this situation, so I will just ignore.

A8 does not use PhysX, PERIOD. (also in many apps which do use PhysX, internal settings may not allow it to run on GPU)
A8 uses Bullet physics, you should know it, you get your salary from GL, not me.
A8 still does not eat my GPU resources, it uses 25%, unless the 100% bug occurs but it does not happen in this update.

GPU drivers, brilliant. Ofc I am on newest (which is not necessarily always the best), but come on, we are speaking of A8. DirectX9. It runs on GeForce 7600GT and higher. This is an ancient technology which does not need tweaks.

Superfetch, brilliant comment, nothing to say. Myth from internet.
Also since a W10 build update it is no longer called superfetch... it is SysMain

Listen, two people in this thread understood what happened and gave me valuable advice.
You, who are paid to work with A8 and answer on official forum, threw me random internet garbage (tips and tricks, mostly myths), which would mislead me and require me to spend my time if I weren't skilled enough to identify it is not helpful.
What you did is worse than not saying anything!!!!!

Here is what my problem is:

1. open A8 
2. SearchIndexer.exe starts running and CPU usage is on 100%
3. A8 runs concurrently with SearchIndexer but SI does not take away noticeable amount of resources from A8 (I don't really have lag, unlike the GPU100 bug)
4. after a while SI stops and CPU usage is back to normal, 10-20%

Note that this issue is NEW. It occurs this update. Not the previous ones. (or maybe the 1 before, but not in older ones)
It only occurs with A8. It has been confirmed by others.
Yes my PC is fine, my W10 is fine, don't derail the conversation.

I have seen many incompetent GL employees over the years. Don't be one of them. If computer science is not your profession, then simply don't give advice on that topic, or research first.
I don't really care, I just respond in a grumpy way which you interpret as rude, but imagine you misleading a non-knowledgeable person with your "guide".

What I need to find out now is which case happens out of the two, which the two forum members stated:

1. A8 using some API to use Indexer to search for something on the PC
2. A8 messing with files therefore triggering automatic indexing
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
quailstorm wrote:
I don't know why it triggers Windows search indexer and every game start but it is annoying

Have you excluded any directory the game writes to, particularly temp files, from the indexer?

The A8 executable won't trigger the indexer but A8 file system activity could.

A8 as I know is located in ProgramFiles (64-bit) WindowsApps, which is not indexed by default nor on my PC.
Its account specific files are in the AppData/Local, which is also excluded by default in search indexer.
It does not write to Temp folder, also Temp is in AppData which is excluded by default.

So unless A8 writes to some other location, it should not trigger the indexer with any filesystem activity.

DrBackJack

Windows PC

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 am
I haven't been able to play much of anything in this game except for career and moto areas since the last update. Everything spins like a bad internet connection. Internet works great here, just not Asphalt 8. I hope it gets sorted out as it's been about a week or so now with the same issues. Windows 10 pc.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:39 am
Reinstall your game. It won't get fixed on its own.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:58 am
DrBackJack what quailstorm said.
Make sure you're logged in to Facebook and have your progress backed up (start the game and play a couple of races).
Uninstall the game, restart your device and install again, then log in to your account and see if it's fixed.
If the problem persists contact CC, that's all you can do!

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:17 am
A perfect example of why it's utterly irresponsible of Gameloft not to provide technical support on this forum.

Fix that would you Gameloft? it will save your CM's some stress and your customers some confusion, it's the least you could do.
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.

crxess

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:42 am
quailstorm wrote:
Reinstall your game. It won't get fixed on its own.

Zero Effect.......... Another 2.5hrs wasted ::)

Sorry but the isues have grown with the Game updates, not the OS.

DrBackJack

Windows PC

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:09 am
Hi guys, Thanks for the advice. I played a few career races then uninstalled the game last night. Tonight reinstalled it and it's the same as before.
Problems joining multiplayer races or timing out. Events show up then disappear or have no data. Videos won't play. Even the daily login award doesn't collect. Not to be in here complaining but this is an issue thread so I'm reporting it.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:27 am
Sorry for that then.
I had this rotating circles no connection issue too. First I created a new local account and installed there, it worked. Then I reinstalled on my outlook enabled account, and now it also works there.
There were some others with similar problems to me and reinstall solved it for them.

In my case game itself worked, events loaded, mostly even R&D, but I was unable to buy anything for real money or tokens, upgrade my cars, use my inventory.

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:04 am
i really really confuse , maybe perhaps i never tried on windows pc before, if one subject can't be solve wouldn't it be better to switch to phone instead, i mean its possible since cc allow you to transfer data across whole different platform , just have to find that person who sucessfully transfer and tell them to guide you the whole process ^^