Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Peter2593

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: My Post FLU Ad Rewards

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 am
JakeP wrote:
oldman had its third consecutive day of five credit rewards.
Peter: 40 tokens, can't get much better than that!

Yeah well, not complaining about the 40 tokens...lol

Igor Polski

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Here's today's results for me:

NS
split
TK
split

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:15 pm
Summary of today:
Me - 0 token
Oldman - 10 tokens
Igor - 20 tokens
Peter - 40 tokens

The biggest ****: Me
The biggest winner: Peter

DANG!
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 pm
I think I’m going to start using my credits from free ads and TLEs towards purchasing whatever Exclusive Deals offers for credits each time. Today, so far, I bought 2x Suspension - C. I will end up fusing most of it, but I gotta use the excess credits for something right? 😝
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 pm
There was a brief period of time when I was doing this, buying the credit offers just to convert them to fusion points. But it didn't last long. I don't know, at this point, in my specific case, what is more useless, credits or fusion points. I used to like converting fusion points to cards, even if the cards were mostly useless but every now and then we find some that we want to keep.

But now with my inventory so much devalued due to the PRO requirements so high, I do not want to get rid of any of the cards that I have, even low techs are important now because you need so many of them for certain cars, so I lost the interest in converting fusion points if not for a very good reason, a card or cards that I really need at that moment to advance in an event.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm
I think the fusion points are more valuable. The only things you can purchase directly with credits any more from EDs is common parts and tech and no engines. With fusion points you have the possibility of getting all manner of parts, tech and engines and you can choose boxes that guarantee rare or legendary cards. So, by purchasing the common cards from EDs and fusing them, I can convert the unneeded cards into rare or legendary ones and have a chance for engines as well. Additionally, the fusion boxes allow the possibility to watch ads and get an extra card from them as well.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 pm
I understand your point of view and it makes sense.
But for me converting fusion points looks more like robbing Peter to pay Paul.
For instance, I have now 188 V6 cards. Why should I get rid of some of them to open space for other cards if the next V6 vehicle may use 90 of them and then GL may well have another V6 vehicle released before I can "hoard" enough more V6 which will make me have no V6 and I will regret getting rid of them? To some degree, this happened with the Legendary Electric engines. I had a lot and was even fusing them, then GL came with a series of vehicles in a row that used them and I found myself in need of them. So I wait for the next vehicle and as I use my cards to PRO the next vehicles, I open boxes and hope to get what I am in short supply.
I could fuse 10-20 V6, but then what would I get to replace them? More of the same cards that I already have enough and probably none of the one or two that I am in short supply.
The thing is, GL made me really upset with the combination of raising that much the PRO requirements and keeping the size of our inventories the same. I was used to and spoiled with having a big inventory that could hold enough cards of all kinds, now I do not have such inventory anymore. And GL keeps creating more and more new cards, engine cards mostly, only to make matters worse.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:49 pm
20 tokens
4 credits
NS
TK

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 pm
@JakeP, I get what you are saying. You and I just have slightly different priorities. I'm not really waiting for the next cars. I've pretty much got what I want at max/pro. Any new cars I get now are strictly impulse buys of exclusive vehicle sales. I really don't like the way new cars are introduced. Acquiring them through EDDs, Championships, and r&ds is just frustrating and conflicts with my real life. I do not enjoy arranging my life to suit a game. So, I pretty much avoid getting me cars that way. Also, I enjoy tuning the car up over time by my own schedule. So, I'm much happier just buying them at stock.

Because of this. I have many cars that still need pro upgrades, but none in particular that I'm wanting to do now. And I'm not anticipating any new cars; for which, I'll need to hoard cards. I just see what cars I get and use 'em or fuse 'em; as, I desire at the time. Though I'll admit, I never fuse tech, and only fuse an engine if none of my cars it. E.g. F12, i5, etc'm

So, now I'm buying the credit EDs and fusing or using what I get depending on what it is.

Anyhoo, will see how long I keep doing this and if the ads rewards change after the update.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:52 pm
@oldman, that's a great zen place to be, not wanting new cars. I've spent 5 years on or off thinking, What's my next car? I'm not sure I'm quite there yet, but the FLU has certainly nudged me in that direction.
Cars owned: 208
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6