Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

cargaill

Windows PC

Louisiana, USA

Does anyone know if daily tasks are changing completely or just the starting time?
"Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive."- Elbert Hubbard
A8: 207 cars - Over 112,000 flat spins, that explains why I'm dizzy
no avatar

oldman65

Apple (iOS)

The streak icon changed from a box to a token. Haven't finished a steak yet; so, no idea how many tokens for a steak completion. The task rewards seem to be credits, compact shuffle/split boxes and tickets. Dunno if you can still get tokens for the individual tasks.

cargaill

Windows PC

Louisiana, USA

Thanks, I did not notice the token icon which means more than just the starting time is changing. :')
"Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive."- Elbert Hubbard
A8: 207 cars - Over 112,000 flat spins, that explains why I'm dizzy
no avatar

Spaunz

Google Play (Android)

Anyone knows if they fixing the loot for the daily races.. cause as of right now.. loot is horrible.
1st.  2k credit
2nd.  1k credit 
3rd.  1k credit
not to mention no more tokens for first place..

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

omnisciente wrote:
Thanks, but your suggestion has a flaw...I think.

1,45% (rounded =1%) from an event with ...Let's say 120.000 players means your top 1% list contains 1.740 positions...

Even 1% from 20.000 are 200 positions ...That's a lot

I really don't mind if my logic is flawed, my entire life is flawed anyway.

But I don't understand you I'm sorry. 1% of x is always 1% of x, period. If the top tier is 1% and 50,000 people are playing (assuming this doesn't change) then the top 1% will be 500, always. There's no variance to consider. If you're in position 200 you are safe, if you are in position 490 you are not safe (both are in the Top 1% but because we know were 1% finishes we can calculate the risk).

We've never had the privilege of knowing top 200, 300, 400 etc (only top 100) and I don't expect that to change. We have been able to establish the best and last time for the top tier (100) but now we cannot. We need the 'Top 100' button to be changed to 'Top 1%' only for those events were Top 1% is the highest tier.
no avatar

Nivek_Z.

Google Play (Android)

I don't even know why you two are bothering discussing that. (for the record, I agree too.)

GL needs to do something about the rewards first. There's no incentive to participate in events when the rewards are so trash compared to v4.0 and before. One card boxes, no boosters, little to no tokens, a little credit....wut??

Seriously boggles my mind. "Let's decrease the stuff players are used to getting, I don't think anybody would be upset"....wut??

nograe

Veteran

Windows PC

Carrera rank 1449 .. the new OP car.  Apparently, a number of players have been sitting on their low-tuned Carreras, and now they are out in increasing numbers. Nothing else comes close.

Rank 1330 - 1600:  Carrera is top dog.  ARSE is second
Rank 1600 - 1750:   AIE is top dog: Centenario and X2 are competitive.
Rank 1800:  X2 top dog,  Centenario and X2 are competitive.

All S-class cars which are not being "rebalanced."  Ranks lower than 1330 are dominated by new players and are hardly worth racing. If GL would just admit that they don't know this game well enough to reassign car ranks and would go back to TS-based matching, along with adjustments for acceleration, we would then actually have balanced competition. As it is, their fiddling is hopeless.
no avatar

Nivek_Z.

Google Play (Android)

I think that's the running theme I only see. There's no incentive for players anymore.

What's the incentive in obtaining more vehicles. With the added pro requirements, there's an increased difficulty in upgrading vehicles for sure. And even after upgrading your vehicle, where's the incentive to participate in events with such trash rewards.

I admit this vicious cycle has always been there in the game, but v4.1 and all its changes has really pushed the "why even bother" button with the drastic increase in PRO cards and decrease in rewards.

NarpasSword

Google Play (Android)

Here's my feedback for Asphalt 8's 'Fast Lane' (v4.1) update after installing it on 15 February. I thought that Gameloft/Vivendi screwed things with the Munich update (v3.3) and have made several questionable changes since, but this update takes the biscuit.

CAUTION: There's a big wall-o-text coming. I tried to keep it brief but there's a whole laundry list of problems with the Fast Lane update (and Asphalt 8 in general lately).

THE GOOD:
Granted, there were a few things that Gameloft/Vivendi got right in update v4.1:
- The extra navigation buttons, although the VIP button is a bit much
- Players are given the option to save/postpone free upgrades instead of using them immediately
- Finish Line boxes seem to have decent drop rates
- Engine boxes are awarded more often in online Time Limited Events (TLEs)

THE BAD:
There was one quote in particular that worried players before Update v4.1 launched:
Our other priority is to eliminate any imbalances in the game economy that were inevitable after 5 years of game evolution.

So what did these weasel words mean in practice?
- Pro kit requirements have gone through the roof. With a handful of exceptions, vehicles now need 2-4 times more cards to reach PRO rank. Players had enough trouble managing inventories before this happened.
- Much less parts and tech cards are given out in TLEs. Boxes awarding more than one card each seem to have disappeared, along with the Super Racer kit box (8 cards for 18K credits every 8 hours) being replaced with the Daily kit box (10 cards for free every 24 hours). Boosters are no longer awarded in TLEs either.
- Free vehicle upgrades have been removed altogether
This combination of increased Pro Kit card requirements and reduced in-game rewards will make it far harder for new players, never mind veterans, to progress in the game.
- Mastery races can no longer be replayed. Not only were they good for grinding/farming credits, but players no longer have the chance to race against MAX + PRO AI cars. (Completing Season 9 races in MAX + PRO cars is almost too easy.)
- Far less tokens are awarded in the VIP calendar. I'm at VIP Level 6 and used to get roughly 130-140 tokens per month. The grand total for February 2019? 23 tokens. This is a huge disincentive for players to increase their VIP level and a kick in the guts for those who have.
- Vehicle rank changes have not been properly implemented:
        + MAX + PRO Class A motorcycles can't complete Mastery race 15. Bike ranks were reduced whilst the entry rank was unchanged.
        + The TVR Sagaris SE was nerfed, disadvantaging players still completing its R&;D event
- Game crashes and longer loading times on Android. Users saw loading times blow out before the game refused to work at all, crashing shortly after opening the application. It turns out that a 'filesupdate' folder had to be deleted to get Asphalt 8 working again.

THE UGLY:
This, of course, is on top of several other negative changes that have been made over the years (since I started playing in 2014 on Update v1.3):
- Since the Fifth Anniversary update (v3.8) engine cards for R&;D vehicles WILL NOT drop outside of R&;D boxes
- The difficulty of and paywalls in R&;D and Championship events have been jacked up, eclipsing even the infamous Lamborghini Huracan R&;D
- Only one type of common parts at a time can be purchased for credits in Exclusive Deals. Previously you could get Rare, Legendary and Engine cards as well as boosters and multiplayer season tickets for credits.
- Drop rates for Pro Kit and Blueprint cards seem to be inversely proprtional to need. Once vehicles are assembled / PROed their required cards will drop much more often.
- The VIP system is a mixed bag, but having to make nearly US$3,900 of In-App Purchases (IAPs) to reach Level 15 and unlock the 2015 GTA Spano is obscene. First race credit multipliers and vehicle-specific blueprints have also been removed over time.
- The introduction of several delays that need to be skipped with Tokens: Fuel system; R&;D keys; EDD tickets; Championship tyres; World Tour streaming passes; Elite Car tuning; Multiplayer season tickets
Also, even though this has been done to death and blatantly ignored by Gameloft, the existence of speed modifiers. Messing with car stats in this way only serves to confuse new players (and there are still a few).

The really frustrating part about this is that Asphalt 8 is fundamentally a great arcade racing game. The controls are near perfect for a mobile racer, graphics are still good (especially on the stunning new Tranyslvania tracks) and the sound is far better than in Asphalt 7. There's an extensive career mode, online multiplayer and events, more vehicles than you can poke a stick at and several new tracks have been added since the original release. By far the biggest problem is that Gameloft, particularly after Vivendi's hostile takeover, keeps introducing new ways to force players into spending tokens and (subsequently) making IAPs. This has not only made Asphalt 8 too difficult/frustrating/expensive for new players (although this might be the end goal here), but it's a kick in the guts for veterans who despite making years of progress (and IAPs) keep getting shafted further with each new update. If this is how Asphalt 8 players are being treated it's no wonder several are uninstalling it and/or point-blank refusing to move to Asphalt 9, a game that is always online, limits car use unless you pay tokens or wait several hours and is (arguably) even more pay-to-win than its predecessor. 'Whales' might tolerate the ever-increasing IAPs required to properly enjoy and stay competitive in mobile games, but the vast majority of players will be driven away by such tactics.

Hopefully Gameloft/Vivendi see sense and revert the negative changes made to Asphalt 8 like with the Munich update back in 2017. If things continue like they are, however, I see no point in continuing with Asphalt 8, let alone spending any tokens or making more IAPs because I know I'll get burned in the end.

</rant>
no avatar

Nivek_Z.

Google Play (Android)

nograe wrote:
Carrera rank 1449 .. the new OP car.  Apparently, a number of players have been sitting on their low-tuned Carreras, and now they are out in increasing numbers. Nothing else comes close.

Rank 1330 - 1600:  Carrera is top dog.  ARSE is second
Rank 1600 - 1750:   AIE is top dog: Centenario and X2 are competitive.
Rank 1800:  X2 top dog,  Centenario and X2 are competitive.

All S-class cars which are not being "rebalanced."  Ranks lower than 1330 are dominated by new players and are hardly worth racing. If GL would just admit that they don't know this game well enough to reassign car ranks and would go back to TS-based matching, along with adjustments for acceleration, we would then actually have balanced competition. As it is, their fiddling is hopeless.

I may not like this update but credit where credit is due, and I will say GL has improved MP. It's not perfect but it's better than before.
I've been analyzing MP for a bit over the last couple of days, gathering what info I can find.

The top bracket remains unchanged, but the point is there's no one car that is lightyears ahead of the rest, every car is quite close and there's variety (compared to R8SE era). Even if you have the better car, if you make a mistake, you can lose.

Yes, the Carrera GT at 1450-1600 is good. But low-tuned Vulcans and AIE (around ~1580 @ ~477-490 km/h) might still beat it in select one-lap tracks. Who knows, but the point is there's choice and at least the Carrera's reign isn't silly (like the R8SE).

Elephant in the room is of course the R8SE, and its stock rank is 852 now. Stock won't be able to compete with DeZir or 959.
The new ranks of ~1150 (old rank ~600 @ ~330 km/h) aren't enough to beat the ED or Integra, but it's competitive. ~1400 (old rank ~970 @ 420 km/h) isn't enough to beat the Carrera GT, but its competitive. ~1300 (old rank ~800 @ 380 km/h) isn't enough to beat Eclipse, but it's competitive.

I'd say it's pretty competitive across the entire board, if we're comparing to previously it was 700-1500 = R8SE. And 1600+ = everything else. 

(PS: Of course, all the above only makes sense when they've fixed the buggy matchmaking where MP is still matching vehicles based on old ranks)