Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

nograe

Veteran

Windows PC

audiorapture wrote:
My summary of the FLU:

Indifferent
Rank changes (but done badly)

What else?

You should move the "Rank changes" from indifferent to bad. They have been done very poorly and do not accomplish stated goals. The aspirational goal is fine, the implementation is horrendous.
1. most cars remain uncompetitive, just as before.
2. some cars are now poorly mismatched .. hoping for a fix
3. many class B cars are uncompetitive because rank increases place them in competition with strong S-class cars.
4. most class A cars have suffered the same fate as in point 3.
no avatar

CamaroSS

Google Play (Android)

Have only to hope my ARSE 1448 (ex 976) reamain a KING like now. 1 Lap and difficult track and SLK is like e puppy. M2SE 50 and 50 could be a problem.
Bad that can goes you finish 3rd and no loss or 2nd and gain 1 points.
Very difficult and improbable finish 4th.

JakeP

Windows PC

I think the real reason GL changed and made a mess of the car ranking system and how they match in MP is because GL did not like the idea that we could calculate and have total control over what each rank meant, how each new car would perform before they had even been released.

It took years for hackers to decifer how the rank system works, the calculations, etc, and GL does not like good knowledge of this game in the hands of other than itself. The less we know how the game really works, the better for GL, no wonder they do not release almost no useful information about it, it has to be all learned from observation, experience and hacking.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

Shabo

Google Play (Android)

I notice some maps doesnt work without internet connection and this sux. It use to be a game i can play while at work where there is no internet now i cant this gane has become useless to me and i have been playing for almost 1 year now such a waste of my time sitting around playing this

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

CamaroSS wrote:
@Sayaneechan too high.
Already at [url=tel:0500 5050]0500 5050[/url] I join only AIE. More high more AIE and other too fast car I think.

I meet them too. Sometimes I beat them, sometimes they beat me. 
I also run against a bunch of Evoras, Lykan and the sort.
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

fabio_negri

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

CamaroSS wrote:
Maybe leaving 0400 5050 with new match said by Mina does better. Tons of tokens lost for nothing.

only to show how much we are been Gamelofted ..

TVR Sagaris (poor edition) 437 km/h at 1400 old rank 0501 5050
TVR Sagaris SE (tokens edition) 437* km/h at ? 0400 5050  

*When and if will be restored mine is 1500 5050 rank 1589 for a whopping 441 km/h
sorry 4 my english ..
Speed Ultima Dea

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

omnisciente wrote:
Just want to know if I am the only person who has some issue with the new designed cups. Apart from the crappy rewards, the % has one big flaw to me.

In the old cups you could predict where you will stand at the end of the event and which prices you will get. Example, 2h are left until the cup is finished, you are at position 350 and you know for sure you will get the top 500 reward. If you are at position 530, you know you need to improve to get top 500.

Knowing you are under the top 1%, does not give you any information on how long you will be staying where, or witch position you need to achieve to stay under 1%.

You can do some approximation...

I hope my logic is right ....

Yes, you're correct and I've asked CC about this. We need to know the total number of players in an event for the % to be useful. That total number will increase over time so it needs to remain updated.

I suspect Gameloft want this to remain opaque, we will see.

At the very minimum I've suggested that the "Top 100" button on the leaderboard screen should be changed to "Top 1%" for those events that reward top 1% instead of top 100. Top 100 is useless information if the top prize is for Top 1%...

The current implementation, taken from A9, is both incomplete and unsuitable.

omnisciente

Windows PC

Thanks, but your suggestion has a flaw...I think.

1,45% (rounded =1%) from an event with ...Let's say 120.000 players means your top 1% list contains 1.740 positions...

Even 1% from 20.000 are 200 positions ...That's a lot
Attachments
IMG_20190219_000330.jpg
IMG_20190219_000330.jpg (214.33 KiB) Viewed 152 times
no avatar

Ditchmond Dave

Windows PC

Sayaneechan wrote:
Ditchmond Dave wrote:
Unfortunately the new ratings won't let me finsh a Mastery
My Ducati SuperSport S is maxed out at
Upgrade Rank 1425/1425 Pro Rank 113/113
which gives me a Rank of 1538/1538.
However Mastery race 15 requires a Rank of 1579.
How do I get that???

You can find the answer on this thread:

https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=675389

Thanx, I'll give it a try.

VdBroek

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

The Netherlands

The Top 100 ain't always 1%.
But, yes if you change something, change all or don't change it at all!
Now we are in a mix match of % & Top X.

VdB.
Attachments
Top & %.jpg
Top & %.jpg (387.17 KiB) Viewed 116 times
I know that I'll lose every time.