Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Re: Weekly Sprint Tournament

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 pm
JakeP wrote:
audiorapture wrote:
I was sleepy and missed the immediate right turn in FG.... sigh.

That happened to me as well in my very first attempt.
TBH, I only managed to do it after 4-5 attempts, always making mistakes, but I used the Renault, dunno if with the AMV it would be easier.

Yeah, the Renault was the default choice given due to rank - but the AMV should be better when both are max/pro.
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
The FLU ate my stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: May 29, 2019

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 pm
Done with AMV 0505 5055 TB

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:10 am
My first weekly sprint in quite some time. I had most of the cars in this one at or close to max/pro. They have removed the MP tickets. So, I decided to give it a go again. I’m on track to get all 21 trophies. Just finished Iceland. Was worried about this one. I don’t have max/pro on any of the cars. And Iceland is my weakest track, esp the sprint because it is a section of Iceland that I never drive. I made it with the Fenyr which had the highest tune. Had to use boosters.

The last sprint should be easier. My X2 is full pro and London is a pretty easy track, esp without traffic; so, I should have an easier run and be able to get to 21 trophies and the tokens.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:01 am
My quest here is for a full unboosted week. Based on your experience, I guess Iceland should be ok. I can't try right now, I have ET on, will try later.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 pm
Yeah, you'll probably be fine. I just **** at the Iceland track and I didn't have any max/pro cars for it. Boosted, I beat the best time by 1.5 sec.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 pm
Tested: all five available cars can easily pass the sprint unboosted, if maxpro.
My reference when having to do Iceland reverse without taking the tunnel is a big rock, as shown in the pics below. I try to pass as close as possible to the left of this rock and then we reach the main road with a sharp left turn.

no avatar

driver2386

Windows PC

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 pm
Unboosted 4404/5050 W motors Fenyr Supersport...nil.

Didn't realize that the boosted version is +37. This is a car that is seriously underpowered considering how much it costs for upgrades.

**** it. Raced again DB and got two trophys. Secured the engine boxes. No way I can achieve the tokens.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 am
Just got the last 3 trophies using the X2 db. Probably, could do it unboosted, but I wanted to make sure and finish in one shot. I'll probably go back and try unboosted later. Will probably run with the Nemesis also. Not as fast as the X2, but the acceleration is glorious. 👍

Anyway, 21 trophies means 75 tokens tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.
✌️😎
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:03 am
I already tried unboosted, could not make it.
Got a better time with Centenario (half second slower, still) than with X2, but I missed the yellow nitro bottle for the X2.
Then another mistake with the Apollo.
I will keep trying...

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:13 am
I tried again unboosted with the X2. I’m half a second short of the best time. Still think it is possible, but I still haven’t done a perfect run yet. Also, the ghost is distracting. Wish there was a way to disable it.
       1991 MAZDA 787B