Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Weekly Sprint Tournament

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm
This is the second time this has happened to me. I don't have any of the cars for todays race. (I have 187 cars). Wouldn't you think that GL wouldn't include a car that you can't get BP's for anyone or at least include one that didn't cost over 5000 TKs?

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:43 pm
blaine58 wrote:
This is the second time this has happened to me. I don't have any of the cars for todays race. (I have 187 cars). Wouldn't you think that GL wouldn't include a car that you can't get BP's for anyone or at least include one that didn't cost over 5000 TKs?

Has the McLaren never been available for credits to you? That was a car worth farming for if so.

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
blaine58 wrote:

Has the McLaren never been available for credits to you? That was a car worth farming for if so.

Not that I can remember. The only McLarens I don't have are the 675 and the P1. I never thought the P1 was worth spending over 5000 tokens for it.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:40 pm
At least these cars can be purchased from the garage. (Albeit at outrageous prices) Once they had a sprint with cars no longer in the game 9FFs etc... You could not even obtain the cars if you wanted. I know that doesn’t help you, but it just shows the trend. They really need to stop picking cars and just make sprints for classes and you can choose to use whatever cars you like from that class.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:40 pm
Bentley maxpro unboosted, 1st attempt, 29:253.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:44 pm
McLaren 570S, maxpro, unboosted, 2+ seconds below target.
It seems GL has made this TLE consistently easier than before.
I don't remember being able to get all three trophies, every day, unboosted, easily. It started about 3-4 weeks ago.
I have no complaints, I like easy tokens...
I know that many hate this TLE for fair reasons though.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 pm
Yep, this one has been better for times. I did the latest with an unboosted max/pro P1. Also, 2 seconds under best time. But I’m still in the camp with @blaine58. These are still geared to specific cars at max/pro tunes. You may not even have the cars and if you do, you may not have them fully max/pro.

I still firmly believe they need to stop choosing cars. Pick a class or a rank and set the times; so that, a mid level car from that class at MAX (and NOT FULL PRO) car can achieve the times unboosted. Then let the player pick the car they want to run. Newer players have an actual chance to win and veteran players can run a lower tuned car for a challenge if they like. More fun for everyone.

Quit trolling the newer players... Seriously...

p.s. Lower the fuel req to 1 for these. They are short, quick runs. Logically, they should not require much fuel. And gameplay/fun wise, you should be able to run a bunch of them back to back.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:28 pm
oldman65
What a nice post! Completely agree with everything and well summarized. This was the main idea of this TLE. 
GL, just stop trying to make money from a fresh air !
When everything goes wrong, CC is your last hope !
ViSvEv7

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:05 am
Honda S2000, maxpro, unboosted, 48:954.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:36 pm
But there's a pattern of top car each week...