Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Weekly Sprint Tournament

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:02 am
So, I made it to 21 trophies. Had to use boosters on the last two sprints. But I got it done. Hope everyone else got there as well. Good luck to any still trying. 👍
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:40 am
Nice, oldman, congrats. I got to 21 too and again, for the second week in a row, all days unboosted, but always with maxpro top vehicles.
Now I saw we have 400+ tokens to win in a multi-day Shutdown MP TLE. Damn, I will have to learn the basics of this thing or miss these tokens.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:35 am
Me three.. 21/21...75 tokens.. Happy as usual...

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:57 am
JakeP wrote:
Nice, oldman, congrats. I got to 21 too and again, for the second week in a row, all days unboosted, but always with maxpro top vehicles.
Now I saw we have 400+ tokens to win in a multi-day Shutdown MP TLE. Damn, I will have to learn the basics of this thing or miss these tokens.

Thx, yeah, these TLE really reward max/pro vehicles. I didn’t have max/pro rides in several of them. Boosters saved me. Glad they are dropping in ad rewards now. Congrats on finishing again unboosted. Dunno if I could do that even with all max/pro cars. So, respect to you! Well done. 👍

For me, those extra tokens in showdown MP TLE are dead to me. I’m not a big MP player anyway, but I’m completely turned off by the showdown mode. To me, showdown is a different game. It should not be in A8 and as long as they keep it in a separate area, not required for the main game, then I’m happy to ignore it. Sadly, I see the writing on the wall. This stuff will be migrated into the rest of the game. Feedback to GL will be meaningless. They are just going through the motions. They will use whatever positive feedback they get to ignore the negative. They’ve just spent too much effort to write it and put it in the game to turn back now. My only hope is that it gets put into a Moto Blitz like section. Folks that like it can play it. Those of us who don’t can skip it. Unfortunately, this means that festival quests will be introduced for this <****>, ahem, feature. So, it will be a nagging issue going forward.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:59 am
NoobDriver wrote:
Me three.. 21/21...75 tokens.. Happy as usual...

Nice! But you are such a good driver. Was there ever any doubt? Well done! 👍 👏
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:54 am
oldman65 wrote:
JakeP wrote:
... Now I saw we have 400+ tokens to win in a multi-day Shutdown MP TLE. Damn, I will have to learn the basics of this thing or miss these tokens.

... those extra tokens in showdown MP TLE are dead to me. I’m not a big MP player anyway, but I’m completely turned off by the showdown mode... 

I am not a fan of this new Shutdown mode (SD) as well but I love tokens and I will do whatever is necessary to try to get them, if I see them as achievable. I had to play just two races to get the three trophies for this first day of the SD MP TLE, and this with no knowledge of how all that silly stuff works. The problem, I believe, may be the last day, because only 10,000 players can get the full tokens. Right now, even with just a few points above the minimum 500, I am at position around 12k, so I guess this TLE is not really very successful and to get position 10,000 at the last day may not be after all a problem.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:42 am
Weekly Sprint Tournament is gone.
I guess the Shutdown Multi-Event replaces it.
Bye bye WST.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 am
Thx @oldman. Congrats to you too and @jakeP...

It's gone? Not surprised.. FUGL...

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:45 am
Yay, it is back!
This is the second time GL "forgets" to start the WST on time.
I think they want to get rid of the WST but, for some reason, always end up putting it back...
Anyway, today it was easy to do it unboosted, Porsche maxpro.

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:33 pm
Lambo Aventador SV, maxpro, unboosted, not a clean run still 2.5s below threshold.