Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

pb1908

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Weekly Sprint Tournament

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
I think it’s just another tactic to get you to upgrade or buy the cars required

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 pm
oldman65 wrote:
...why not pick a rank and let the players choose any car at or below that rank....

Essentially because rank is a broken metric in the game.

If they hadn't of screwed it up all those years ago and failed to fix it, even though they knew it was the elephant in the room, then of course your idea would be a good one, and we never would have had MP matchmaking problems and they would have had to "rebalance" the game when there were only 120 cars to **** with rather than 250.

Of course that would have further exposed fake speed which they miraculously seem to want to fix now after telling us for years it was impossible.

Don't pay to play poker with thieves I say.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:57 pm
I think they knew perfectly well it was 'broken' DM. Seems to me the history of a8 gameplay has been the history of GL trying different ways to make us spend. Broken with op cars: Get the punters to pay for the op cars. Now they're introducing a different model: Semi-fixed, with each new car possibly marginally op. Spend away... :D
Cars owned: 212
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:51 am
XP-5 max/1-0-3-1 31:959 triple boosted. Didn’t think I would be able to do it. Forgot I had this car upgraded slightly more than the others. But I still could not pull it off without full boost. I had no margins for conserving nitro. Just had to go full out and stay off the ramps.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 am
oldman65 wrote:
XP-5 max/1-0-3-1 31:959 triple boosted. Didn’t think I would be able to do it. Forgot I had this car upgraded slightly more than the others. But I still could not pull it off without full boost. I had no margins for conserving nitro. Just had to go full out and stay off the ramps.

Sorry to hear about your little struggle, oldman, but glad you made it.
With a maxpro Lambo SV it is a no-brainer. Made 31:316 despite an unexpected multi-spin that sent the car into the air and that was not supposed to happen (one of those bugs of Asphalt)..
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:20 am
My SV is only max/0-0-2-0/0-8-0-8 which makes it slower than my XP-5. No worries though. I know this was going to be a skin of my teeth event. There are quite a few of these races where I will have to use a sub max/pro car or be forced to use a particular car because it is the only one I’ve sufficiently upgraded. In any case, I’ve still got a chance at the tokens; so, I’ll keep going.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:07 am
3 trophies in Venice with max/pro 675LT - DB. Very sloppy run and still came in under by 1/2 a second. But got it and I’m moving on...
       1991 MAZDA 787B

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 am
Done with Lambo 2522 5252 TB with 0.3 secs to spare...

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 am
Done with maxpro unboosted Bentley, 31:398.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 am
Well done folks. 👏
       1991 MAZDA 787B