Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Weekly Sprint Tournament

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:08 am
@DanT: I think Jake's driving unboosted.
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP

Dan T

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:25 am
@ Ash1 It sounds like a good explanation.
Just ran an unboosted.41.4 with room for improvement
My englich is bad.Sorry :)  But my danich is almost perfect  a)
Show respect p) Older man is driving here  8-)

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm
I keep trying to improve and I already got an unboosted time of 40:671 which makes me happy.
I am not a PRO, so my times can always be beaten easily by them.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm
I had to do this one DB with a max/pro Juke. My 959 is MP tuned; so, no way to do this unboosted for me.

For the next one, I have only MAX/0-0-2-0 cars. None are pro beyond that. So, I’m not even sure I’ll be able to get the 3 trophies even with boosting.

If I can’t stay on track for tokens with the next race, then I’ll compete just enough for the engine boxes and then drop out after that. Maybe running some of the others unboosted just for grins if I have some spare time and the fuel to burn.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 pm
One thing that bugs be about this is that most of us average drivers need max/pro cars (usually with boosts) to complete these sprints. That’s fine if you happen to have the cars chosen at max/pro or very close. But not everyone has them. You don’t want everyone running an X2 or AIE every race? Fine. But instead of picking cars, why not pick a rank and let the players choose any car at or below that rank. Allows more folks to really compete and they have more fun running their favorite cars.

Just my 2 coppers...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 pm
oldman65 wrote:
If I can’t stay on track for tokens with the next race, then I’ll compete just enough for the engine boxes and then drop out after that. 

Perfectly understandable.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

RippedSoldier10122

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:45 pm
oldman65 wrote:
One thing that bugs be about this is that most of us average drivers need max/pro cars (usually with boosts) to complete these sprints. That’s fine if you happen to have the cars chosen at max/pro or very close. But not everyone has them. You don’t want everyone running an X2 or AIE every race? Fine. But instead of picking cars, why not pick a rank and let the players choose any car at or below that rank. Allows more folks to really compete and they have more fun running their favorite cars.

Just my 2 coppers...

Very good idea, pity GL don't heed advice or common sense

no avatar

pb1908

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
I think it’s just another tactic to get you to upgrade or buy the cars required

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 pm
oldman65 wrote:
...why not pick a rank and let the players choose any car at or below that rank....

Essentially because rank is a broken metric in the game.

If they hadn't of screwed it up all those years ago and failed to fix it, even though they knew it was the elephant in the room, then of course your idea would be a good one, and we never would have had MP matchmaking problems and they would have had to "rebalance" the game when there were only 120 cars to **** with rather than 250.

Of course that would have further exposed fake speed which they miraculously seem to want to fix now after telling us for years it was impossible.

Don't pay to play poker with thieves I say.
Gameloft: No pride, no shame, no accountability, no care. Thanks for treating your customers with contempt.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:57 pm
I think they knew perfectly well it was 'broken' DM. Seems to me the history of a8 gameplay has been the history of GL trying different ways to make us spend. Broken with op cars: Get the punters to pay for the op cars. Now they're introducing a different model: Semi-fixed, with each new car possibly marginally op. Spend away... :D
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP