Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

masoncorliss

Veteran

Windows PC

Weekly Sprint Tournament

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:05 am
1st attempt, unboosted, none of my cars in this selection are max pro.
Attachments
2019-01-07.jpg
2019-01-07.jpg (125.48 KiB) Viewed 3901 times

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Weekly Sprint Tournament

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:08 am
I spent 4,5mil to max Enzo and Citroen.. And still can't get under the 1st requirement time... Smh

JayStarzZ

Amazon TV

Bronx, New York

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 am
^ yup, like an **** I dropped crazy tokens max’ng the Mosler .. cannot get under 40.490 😐 Might sound **** but I’m just looking to dump my tokens cause when I’m all out, I think I’m done with A8 and kinda looking forward to it. Only 6k tokens left & well they won’t last long 🤷🏻‍♂️ This whole tournament ****, and for a whole whopping couple hundred tokens IF you can beat the lowest time for each race? It’s not worth it
Doc Johnson - Amazon Fire TV 
no avatar

masoncorliss

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 am
I think the Mosler can do it but burning all my V8's for 200 tokens just doesn't add up especially since each engine is 125 tokens... Still, tripple boasted, I should be able to beat the time with current tune setup, 3532 1010

JayStarzZ

Amazon TV

Bronx, New York

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:02 am
^ I agree.  If I put more into the pro tunings I could beat the time but, just like you I don’t feel inclined on investing my V8s, or any more credits for that matter 😕

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 am
Hmm... it's easy with a MAX/PRO Enzo, I didn't try any other car... perhaps all your difficulties are an ominous sign for things to come???

Edit: just tried it in a MAX/PRO Mosler double boosted and did a 38.2 (and I missed the curved ramp entirely by accident) so I think all of the cars MAX/PRO can probably acheive the lowest time.

JayStarzZ

Amazon TV

Bronx, New York

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 am
I’m not too sure if you’re referring to me DM 🤔 But if so I don’t know what you mean by an ominous sign lol.  I don’t have max/pro any of the vehicles needed 😕 My Mosler was tuned higher than my Enzo so I decided to invest in that.  My credits are on the low side (about 4 mil), and I get stingy with em when they get low

Danger Mouse

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:35 am
Not referring to anyone in particular... by "ominous sign" I mean that (FU)GL(BS) might make some of the last goals in the final days really, really difficult to pass... even for people with great skills or full garages.

I do think you'll need a MAX/PRO vehicle for all/most of them though... MAX alone is likely to be insufficient. This is a card game now and if you don't have the cards you lose... :(

Ima Tankk

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 am
If you look at the list of cars for each of the 7 days if willnot be possible for new players or even average ones, I have 191 vehicles & yet mant days I will struggle to find a car to use, e.g. Iceland I have the 9FF only at stock.
looks to me another way to reward the top 100 players, as if they need it!
201 vehicles
Maxed 139 - Pro 138 - Max/Pro 128 (includes crappy bikes)

JayStarzZ

Amazon TV

Bronx, New York

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 am
@DM - gotcha,  I understand & agree, especially on max/pro.  A lot of required vehicles in the upcoming races I don’t have max/pro but, like I mentioned earlier for a whopping couple hundred tokens I’m not going all out or gonna stress about it 😎
@Ima Tannk - Dead on about the upcoming vehicles.  Some I don’t own at all, and most not upgraded much 😬 I find a lot of the required vehicles to be “obscure” , and never got around to upgrading them much