Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Re: Off Topic #2

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 pm
I personally think being able to *temporarily* ban an account for up to 3 days would be sufficient to curb weekend or late-night trolls. As stated above, not sure if that aligns with GL's policies.

Also, I would like to re-iterate the "don't feed the trolls" mantra - report their posts, but resist the urge to reply, please.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."

blaine58

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:00 pm
audiorapture wrote:
I personally think being able to *temporarily* ban an account for up to 3 days would be sufficient to curb weekend or late-night trolls. As stated above, not sure if that aligns with GL's policies.

Also, I would like to re-iterate the "don't feed the trolls" mantra - report their posts, but resist the urge to reply, please.

GL should get this guys IP address or some other way to identify him and have him permanently banned. Did they just scrub his comments or put a little effort into making sure this sicko never gets access again?
no avatar

BT9

Veteran

Google Play TV (Android)

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm
Besides the obvious hacker selling his wares, what's also outrageous is all this talk by so many regular forum users lately about how to glitch, exploit and even just hack and even results of what they did in the past or possible uses in the future. I have never seen this kind of stuff allowed in forums in nearly 20 years. Something is definitely wrong around here.
Never underestimate another man's greed or obsession...

Racer name:  BTairborne

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
audiorapture wrote:

It is only fun to troll if you get a reaction. Do not react, that is what the troll wants from you, just completely ignore.

@BT9 - I love glitches and am not afraid or ashamed to use them. If not for two glitches that gave me plenty of cards, I would not be playing this game.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:30 pm
Little reminder for everyone: You can add users to your foe list, so you won’t have to see their posts. Let them talk to themselves next time.
Vehicles owned: 200/232
Stars: 1860
Helmets: 1355
Licenses: 2555
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

My Asphalt 9 club: Me, Myself & I
Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:32 pm
Sayaneechan wrote:
Little reminder for everyone: You can add users to your foe list, so you won’t have to see their posts. Let them talk to themselves next time.

I did that. Unfortunately some people reply with quote from the troll and so I ended up reading some of his nonsense.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:11 pm
audiorapture wrote:

This last weekend wasn’t a pleasure on the forum, no moderating/no contact/no help around. As we‘ve seen this troll had a good timing and obviously some powers to do what he liked. I didn’t know about the „don’t feed the trolls“ mantra. And to whom I report troll posts if nobody’s in the house? If just someone with responsibility would have read just for one minute if there‘s something/what‘s going on in the forum, reports were invalid. Please pin above something like an emergency plan how to behave with trolls.

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:34 pm
Alexatrom wrote:

Please pin above something like an emergency plan how to behave with trolls.

You ignore them. Simple.
Latest max proed vehicles: 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Nissan 370Z Special Edition, 9FF GT9 VMAX, Lightning LS-218

Sorry, it's private, it's just me alone and I have put it up to get some extra rewards. You shall not pass  ;)

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 pm
Sayaneechan wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:
Please pin above something like an emergency plan how to behave with trolls.

You ignore them. Simple.

Now I know, everybody else?

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:52 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
Now I know, everybody else?

Everybody else needs to do the same. As I said above, we can block them, so at least we won’t have to see their posts.