Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

German Old

Windows PC

Re: Off Topic #2

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am
@ oldman65 good to hearImage
Family always comes first.
My wife survived Covid-19 well. The virus showed no interest in me.
The vaccination date is still a long way off.
Stay strong and healthy!
My english is translateImage

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:47 am
simplyjens wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

On the bright side, my wife and I did get our first dose of Moderna COVID vaccine today. 👍 In another month, it will be nice to be able to see the grandkids again. This last year has been a cluster-fucc. 😔

[...]
I've no confidence they will ever fix this and my patience is at the end... 😞

Yeah, I usually see your oldman_6_5 in the US time mornings in the ST, occasionally.  

Think about it:  Better to have a few skids in a row than being on skid-row :) 
Hang in there... it's still fun... after replacing the X2 with the Centenario, I have seen a little less skidding, but still get the bunny-hops and weird behaviors in jumps.  The ST will get better, once their release the 1680s on us... a bit more of a challenge

Glad you got the Moderna, today - Let us know how it went, other than a sore arm...  My turn is tomorrow with the Pfizer/BioNTech - I will be up for the second dose on April 18 (one week faster than Moderna) - I should be good to go among people again in early May :)

Yeah, just giving the game a bit more time, but I'm not optomistic. I still find fun now and again, but I've just been so disappointed with the defect support for so long. I'm just tired and about ready to move on.

Great news on you getting the vaccine. Congrats. My arm was only slightly sore the first day. Then just fine. Will see with the secnd dose how things go next month. That is when most folks get a stronger reaction, if they do at all. My dad did fine with his and my inlaws were fine as well. So, I'm hopeful we will be fine also.

Stay safe, be well. Good luck with your shots...

✌️😷
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:48 am
German Old wrote:
@ oldman65 good to hearImage
Family always comes first.
My wife survived Covid-19 well. The virus showed no interest in me.
The vaccination date is still a long way off.
Stay strong and healthy!
My english is translateImage

Hope you will get the vaccine soon. You stay safe and stay well.

✌️😷
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Nat B

Windows PC

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
nks71:
Ancient Greeks described almost everything there is in the mythology, the problem was/is it all sounds Greek to the rest! Image

That’s probably because we, humans, are highly suspicious creatures. We don’t trust other people’s mistakes and prefer to learn (if at all) by our own. And that (bad) habit of ours is way older than Greek Mythology.

Bad habits die hard. And (well) aged bad habits die even harder. :)
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:36 pm
Nat B wrote:
nks71:
Ancient Greeks described almost everything there is in the mythology, the problem was/is it all sounds Greek to the rest! Image

That’s probably because we, humans, are highly suspicious creatures. We don’t trust other people’s mistakes and prefer to learn (if at all) by our own. And that (bad) habit of ours is way older than Greek Mythology.

The inherent curiosity, self centric perception, inability to learn from other's experiences and the root cause behind it, is also described in Greek mythology! ;D
Mind you Greek mythology is huge and controversial, it can be described solely connecting it with nature, mother Earth and physical phenomena, but it can also be described as a masked truth of previous and/or alien civilizations, their intervention on our planet and its inhabitants (that is us!). :-D
Unfortunately the libraries containing ancient knowledge are long gone (destroyed), that is Alexandria and Pergamum.

Nat B

Windows PC

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 pm
nks71 wrote:
Nat B wrote:
nks71:

The inherent curiosity, self centric perception, inability to learn from other's experiences and the root cause behind it, is also described in Greek mythology! ;D
Mind you Greek mythology is huge and controversial, it can be described solely connecting it with nature, mother Earth and physical phenomena, but it can also be described as a masked truth of previous and/or alien civilizations, their intervention on our planet and its inhabitants (that is us!). :-D
Unfortunately the libraries containing ancient knowledge are long gone (destroyed), that is Alexandria and Pergamum.

That's very unfortunate indeed.

Pardon me my pessimism if I told you that our modern society would have hardly become just a tiny bit smarter if we were so fortunate to retain those libraries.

Authorities, officials, government bodies (accompanied by corporate big shots) need obedient work animals, not thinkers. If we are told that black is white and vice versa we are supposed to believe it. Otherwise what would be the big idea of spending billions on pet media?

You’d be safe to apply this company as a pattern to most countries of the world. Same “internal transformation plan”, same BS talks, same approach to **** out as much as it gets (authorities just have legal or “legal” power and succeed in getting what they desire).

Who needs thinking citizens? Who needs the wisdom of Ancient Greece? It’s a direct threat to incompetent pest that is ruling this world.

Just to end my post somewhat on a positive note I would like to quote George Carlin (May he rest in peace):

Where ideas are concerned, [any country] ** can be counted on to do one of two things: take a good idea and run it completely into the ground, or take a bad idea and run it completely into the ground.

As you see not only individuals tend not to learn by mistakes but also whole countries do the same sh1t time and again.

** I have slightly changed his quote but do believe me the meaning of the quote is still 100% intact.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 am
I agree Nat B, I also doubt ancient knowledge would have made a positive difference nowadays.
It would probably complicate things more, it is very difficult to accept the truth behind Earth's true history.
The Creator of Earth and all there is is not the same with the ruling forces on our planet, they serve a different agenda...

Here's a small tale from Krishnamurti:
"You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket.
The friend said to the devil, “What did that man pick up?”
“He picked up a piece of Truth,” said the devil.
“That is a very bad business for you, then,” said his friend.
“Oh, not at all,” the devil replied, “I am going to let him organize it.”