Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Nat B

Windows PC

Re: Off Topic #2

Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:55 pm
“They hoped the new game would not bite the dust for messing up boundaries”
Anonymous

Another one playing with words as if they don’t mean a sh1t. Push the boundaries of music… (And that's when Chester says — "Oh, really?”). Why would music have boundaries? 

I have honestly watched App Unrapper’s video on youtube. If the game is targeting 5-7 y. o. kids then I am not so sure those kids are into Queen’s music. If they are targeting adults then I can’t imagine listening to e. g. Bohemian Rhapsody and banging buttons to score some coins. It looks like some kind of a heresy. Maybe it’s just me, or I am biased or an old fashioned guy. I don’t know.

Behind the scenes:

- Mr. R, a few words about the game for our magazine?

- Sure, shoot!

- Mr. R, you are CD…

- Come again?

- You are CD…

- ???

- Oh, sorry, you are creative director…

- You bet your butt I am creative director. Yes I am! Isn’t that wonderful?

- Well… (an awkward pause). Sir, can you tell us how do you succeed in pushing the boundaries of music? 

- Actually it’s a highly guarded professional secret. But I am willing to share it with you. Consider yourself lucky. Watch carefully, I’m gonna show it only once. (Slowly raises both hands as if imitating give up gesture, takes a deep breath, freezes for a few seconds and then — with a loud hissing sound escaping his mouth — straitens both hands as if vigorously pushing air off his chest). Like that. You push the boundaries of music like that. Don’t ever try it at home, it is extremely dangerous. Only the crème de la crème (modestly tapping himself on the chest with a well-manicured finger) of leader in the creation of gaming experience for brands can master that kind of magic.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:32 pm
^^
Browsing through AppStore's feedback it's a game for fans and it seems to work, they like it.
Browsing through Universal Music's back catalogue you get an idea what the future will bring: ABBA, Beatles, Jackson 5, Nirvana, Police, Rammstein, Who ...
The list of possibilities seems to be endless and gamelofters are safe for decades ... 😶
Attachments
6108AFBF-0B80-4A48-81AC-0C23252A862E.jpeg
6108AFBF-0B80-4A48-81AC-0C23252A862E.jpeg (73.75 KiB) Viewed 991 times

Nat B

Windows PC

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:31 am
Thank you, that's an interesting piece of information.

Let everyone (re)find its own path to Queen. If fans are happy with the game I am certainly happy for them. I am just shocked to find out that this publisher can make someone happy. I might be prejudiced though. Perhaps I have read too much of warm-hearted Oleksandra in Dan T’s thread.

Eff it. I better stop before I get some silly ideas about some player complaining to CC that he/she unlocked a new costume but can’t strip anyone in the game to get the guys dressed to kill. Or about a highly probable robotized answer of overly regardful Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé - xandra – Olé.

As for UMG’s catalogue I can live with it as long as Nuclear Blast and AFM Records GmbH (or any other German music labels maintaining corporate hygiene by selecting business partners) keep on signing Accept and U.D.O. respectively. 
Emil Gött

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:08 pm
Almost forgot, Happy Paddy's day everyone. ☘️
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

German Old

Windows PC

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Hi Guys!
Has anyone met "oldman65" on the route?
You haven't heard a word since March 17th? Always posted?
"oldman65" is everything OK?
Just because it's noticeable.
My english is translateImage

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:04 am
German Old wrote:
Hi Guys!
Has anyone met "oldman65" on the route?
You haven't heard a word since March 17th? Always posted?
"oldman65" is everything OK?
Just because it's noticeable.
My english is translateImage

Hey, @German Old, I'm ok. Thx for checking up on me. Haven't had much time to play or post recently, just too much "life stuff" going on. Nothing bad, just gaming isn't high on the priority list right now.

On the bright side, my wife and I did get our first dose of Moderna COVID vaccine today. 👍 In another month, it will be nice to be able to see the grandkids again. This last year has been a cluster-fucc. 😔

I'll try to get some gaming in soon, but you might not see much of me for a while. Likely won't be playing as much.

Also, they still haven't fixed the skidding issues. I'm probably not long for this game. IMHO, it remains broken, and I'm about to move on. I said I'd give it until about now to fix the issues, but no joy. I'll install the next update and see if I can keep playing, but I've no confidence they will ever fix this and my patience is at the end... 😞

Again, didn't mean to worry anyone. Appreciate you looking out for me. 👍
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:07 am
@oldman soon GL will introduce skidding immunity boosters, 10K FuCs per race! ;D
Good to hear you're doing fine, enjoy your life!
The best achievement in this game is quitting it, many will achieve it soon I guess...

Nat B

Windows PC

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:45 am
@oldman65
Whichever decision you make I’m sure it will be the right one.
Don’t leave us until you have to. Unlike the game we don’t have skidding issues. :)
Take good care of yourself!

​@nks71
Perhaps the best achievement in this game would be I-don’t-give-a-damn ability of squeezing a few drops of fun and entertainment no matter how bad it gets. :)
Emil Gött

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:44 am
@nks71 @Nat B thx. If I do quit the game, I’ll still check in from time to time. Can’t leave the friends here. Love you all.

✌️😷
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:00 am
oldman65 wrote:

On the bright side, my wife and I did get our first dose of Moderna COVID vaccine today. 👍 In another month, it will be nice to be able to see the grandkids again. This last year has been a cluster-fucc. 😔

[...]
I've no confidence they will ever fix this and my patience is at the end... 😞

Yeah, I usually see your oldman_6_5 in the US time mornings in the ST, occasionally.  

Think about it:  Better to have a few skids in a row than being on skid-row :) 
Hang in there... it's still fun... after replacing the X2 with the Centenario, I have seen a little less skidding, but still get the bunny-hops and weird behaviors in jumps.  The ST will get better, once their release the 1680s on us... a bit more of a challenge

Glad you got the Moderna, today - Let us know how it went, other than a sore arm...  My turn is tomorrow with the Pfizer/BioNTech - I will be up for the second dose on April 18 (one week faster than Moderna) - I should be good to go among people again in early May :)