Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Off Topic #2

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:22 pm
Yes, great post oldman. I don't have boys - or grandkids - but I imagine you're spot on. I'm glad your children have been such a joy to you!
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Yeah, children are great... grandkids are even better. You get to spoil them and then give them back to the parents. All the fun... without all the hassles... 😜
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:47 pm
oldman65 wrote:
Yeah, children are great... grandkids are even better. You get to spoil them and then give them back to the parents. All the fun... without all the hassles... 😜

Don't have grandchildren but I've got grand nephews and nieces. They repeatedly remind me that I'm too old to play computer games, while I kill them in every game they choose.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 pm
Dex1 wrote:
oldman65 wrote:
But none of this really matters. Girls or boys... Kids are simply the the greatest experience your life will ever experience. Nothing else compares. It’s not even close...

✌️😎

How beautifully writen.👍

Totally agree!
Having kid(s) brings you so down to Earth and the biological/intellectual/sentimental bond is so evident, that it becomes a surreal experience ;-D
I'm enjoying all I can out of it, good or bad!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:47 pm
Harry K wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

Don't have grandchildren but I've got grand nephews and nieces. They repeatedly remind me that I'm too old to play computer games, while I kill them in every game they choose.

Lol, they don't understand that we have been playing computer games since before their parents were born. And we didn't have checkpoints or respawns, or advanced controllers or lifelike graphics. Multiplayer was a bunch of us huddled around the same screen and usually meant taking turns instead of actually all playing simultaneously.

We've experienced almost the entire history of computer gaming. We have deep experience gaming that they may never have. And while we might not have the same reflexes anymore, we more than make up for it with that experience.

No school like the old school. 😜
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

Rons-Place

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:24 am
There were some split screen games available on the Commodore 64, and amiga 500. So 2 could play at the same time.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:34 am
Warlords on the Atari 2600 was, imho, one of the greatest multiplayer games ever made. So, primitive, but truly addictive and so easy to learn. So much fun with 4 players crowded around the console, each with their beverage of choice, furiously trying to eliminate each other and just screaming at each other and laughing our butts off. Finish one game and start the next as fast as you could hit the reset switch. So much fun had over these many years. Still break out the old box and paddle controllers now and then.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:42 pm
@dart_driver and @n00bdriver
Find me on lichess. username is audiorapture, of course.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 262 vehicles. Total Play Time: 82d 9h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Apr 16, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."
no avatar

EZCheeze

Amazon TV

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:04 pm
Harry K wrote:
nks71 wrote:
I'm trying hard to restrict my 8 year old daughter's gameplay.
Only 30' 2-3 times a week.
They must learn to beat the biggest boss, boredom, by being creative, not that her daddy is very successful at it but anyway :-D
She was watching me play A8 some time ago and the little pony ad got on the screen, "wow daddy what is THAT?"
We are doomed ;D

I had a self imposed rule back in the late 70's. One hour playing games, one hour outside, one hour programming, one hour outside. For me then the Sharp MZ 700 couldn't hold a candle to my skates, skateboard, bikes and canoes.

My "rules" for my 2 young boys is simple. 

- Is the sun shining? Yes = no screen time
- Are you sick? No = no screen time
- Are you recovering from an injury? No = no screen time

If any of these questions have been answered "incorrectly", then get your butts outside or to the Lego/Art/Construction or Destruction Room

Once the sun sets and schoolwork is finished then do as you want via any form of screen time until bedtime.

This is pretty much what my parents imposed many moons ago and I think I turned out allright...depending upon who you ask

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:56 am
Neilson wrote:
A sealion climb's on a fishing boat , & a couple dogs are provoking it This sea beast strait throws the dog like 20 feet ! The dog was OK
I've seen videos of seabeasts grabbing a 200 pound man & strait throwing a full grown man like a rag doll 😂
https://youtu.be/Ig-5KcEvQTk

Lol. My ex girlfriend rescued a kitten from the water once. The damn thing could get out of the tiniest open window and would scamper up and down the roof of the boat every night keeping me awake.

Got up early one winter morning and as usual went outside for a fag and cup of tea. My dog, a big assed Alsatian would normally go for a **** at this stage.

Instead, it got up on the gas locker, up on the roof, grabbed the kitten full head in jaws and tossed her in the river. He looked at me twitched his head water ways as if to say Fetch, then went for a ****.

The dog and cat lived long quiet, peaceful, happy lives together.
Elvis Costello - Watching the Defectives - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snPDoXl9ZPs