Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Re: Off Topic #2

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:08 am
First memory I was a 2½ years old. It's the Battle of the Bogside, in London/Derry, N. Ireland 1969, (look it up), so not a very pleasant one. I was stuck in a burnt out shop with my sister (she was only 8) for three days while idiots outside tried, and thankfully failed to kill each other.

My favourite old memory is from the next year. When kids ran wild, pedos and sunscreen weren't a consideration. I was 13 miles north in Buncrana. If you didn't know you go north from Derry in Northern Ireland and you reach Southern Ireland (I know ::) ).Anyway, by the beach from 7am till dark trying to coax small creatures out of rock pools. I don't think I've ever been happier.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the day - The Toy Dolls, I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFmWts8xD4
no avatar

Rons-Place

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:10 am
I have a hard enough time remembering 2 days ago let alone 60 years ago.

Can't remember the amount of times I've gone to the kitchen and when I'm in there forgotten why. :lol:
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am
Rons-Place wrote:
I have a hard enough time remembering 2 days ago let alone 60 years ago.

Can't remember the amount of times I've gone to the kitchen and when I'm in there forgotten why. :lol:

Nice. I do that in the flat and in the house. I usually grab some food 'cos I forget to eat sometimes. Living on a narrow boat most of the time I don't do that. I'd be very fat.

There is one advantage to forgetfulness, you can reread all those books and rewatch the TV series and movies without knowing how they end.
Ex Asphalt player. Tune for the day - The Toy Dolls, I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFmWts8xD4

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:48 am
I see to have developed a similar goldfish problem when it comes to Rnds. Each time I finish one I vow Never Again... And then somehow I manage to forget how hellish they are and put myself through it all over again :D
Cars owned: 205
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold9

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm
And you've forgotten Ash that this is the off topic thread. As have others. :)

I woke up early (3.30 am) on the boat and it took me a pee and a cup of tea to remember where I was and where I'm going. It's not always easy.

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm
Uhm @harryK : you didn't accidentaly pee in the tea cup, right? Cause that will lead to another story :D
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Teh bans for ash1 :-D
Harry, as a seaman, I can confirm this feeling when waking up in the early hours, brain confusion...
I also recall it happening after evening naps, waking up thinking I’m somewhere else etc etc

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 pm
blaine58 wrote:
ash1 wrote:
Sorry Noob, you mentioned the R*zv*ani. That's a car. In A8. Strictly not allowed.
So what does anyone reckon about my heart theory? I figured somebody somewhere would want to argue! :D

No, but I ran into a few "flat earthers" the other day. Now that's an easy argument to win!

Well if the universe is infinite that means everything in all directions is infinite. Which makes earth the centre of the universe. And as you can't divide infinity by half, earth doesn't exist.

I maybe making this up. :)

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 pm
Harry K wrote:
And you've forgotten Ash that this is the off topic thread. As have others. :).

Oh yeah 😅

I think the universe isn't infinite Harry. It's a bounded expanding 4 dimensional sphere last I heard. Although they might well have changed their minds since 🙂
Cars owned: 205
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold9

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 am
nks71 wrote:
Teh bans for ash1 :-D
Harry, as a seaman, I can confirm this feeling when waking up in the early hours, brain confusion...
I also recall it happening after evening naps, waking up thinking I’m somewhere else etc etc

To be honest I not sure if I'm coming or going ATM. Simple plan. Take the boat and go to Ely Folk Festival which starts today, so I get to Ely last week and get a call from a mate. His engine through a rod and needs help.

Turn around pick him up, turn back to Ely to pick up cash, on to March (the town not the month (it's a boat not a TARDIS)). Pick up new engine, turn around past Ely again, pick up dead boat and tow it to Huntingdon. Turn around and I'm trying to get back to Ely before the morning.

If an 8 cylinder marinised diesel engine fitted in the boot of my car this would take 3 hours. By boat it's been 9 days so far at 17 hours a day driving.

This is supposed to be my holiday. I'm knackered.