Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Off Topic #2

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm
Harry K wrote:
Running Bird wrote:
ash1 wrote:
Our blood makes our hearts beat. Not the other way around.

So what exactly do you think the heart's purpose is? Also, do I assume correctly that you consider pacemakers a scam?

(Then again, I guess you're technically correct inasmuch as blood usually doesn't beat. Were you just trolling?)

Blood beat. That was a truly awful movie.

Blood beat? Haven't seen it. Tell us why it was so terrible, Harry. I love awful movies.

(@RB: Trolling? Moi? Voicing a potentially controversial opinion and offering it up for debate?
How dare you!)
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Tetsuo_Shima wrote:

A woman who lives in deer-hunting country in rural Wisconsin is possessed by the spirit of a Japanese samurai warrior.

This seems like it could have been on MST3K!

You forgot the spoiler alert @Tetsuo :). It's up on youtube if anyone feels that masochistic. Not suitable for under 18's. Or anyone with tastes.
The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 pm
I don't get the title. 'Blood' I can understand. 'Beat'?? Is music somehow involved? Is this one of those singa-longa slash things where the redneck lipsynchs as she wields her sword?
Sounds awesome :)
A8 RIP

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 am
It sounds like something one of the resident bullies from The Simpsons would say: I'm sure Nelson would gladly beat you up until you bleed your own blood, then beat up your blood.

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 pm
In England, the police are deliberately aiming their cars at moped thieves. They're calling this policy 'Controlled homicide'. Or maybe 'Impactive illegality'. Something like that. I can't remember.
Am I alone in thinking this is bonkers?
We used to have Bobbies. With truncheons. Kept in teacosies.
Now we have battalions of armed police randomly deployed on the corners of village greens.
Someone wake me up. Please!
A8 RIP
no avatar

Rons-Place

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:51 pm
ash1 wrote:
In England, the police are deliberately aiming their cars at moped thieves. They're calling this policy 'Controlled homicide'. Or maybe 'Impactive illegality'. Something like that. I can't remember.
Am I alone in thinking this is bonkers?
We used to have Bobbies. With truncheons. Kept in teacosies.
Now we have battalions of armed police randomly deployed on the corners of village greens.
Someone wake me up. Please!

Next they'll start aiming at old people on their mobility scooters, because moped thieves are too evasive.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

'rez

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

UK

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 pm
Danger Mouse wrote:
nks71
On the other hand a pump without liquid is useless, therefore one needs the other to function properly!

The engineer in me says "no, No, NO!". Fluid. Gasses work too. ;)

gases, surely? okay, Gases if you prefer.

can pump solids too. not sure about plasma, BE condensate or the rarer phases. probably..?

ash1 wrote:
... To kick things off: Did you know that it's a myth that the heart is a pump that pushes blood around the body? The force required to continually push fluid through x km of capillaries is way beyond the capabilities of any of the body's muscles. Just try clenching your fist continuously for more than 5 minutes and see how tired you get. The human embryo begins with circulating blood, in the middle of which the rudimentary heart develops. Our blood makes our hearts beat. Not the other way around.

hmm, ash. there's some truth in what you say, but over-simplification does paint a picture of actively swimming corpuscles that have a big party when they get to the heart. and if it's down to the blood alone doing all the work, then the heart would in time become vestigial.
post-development, it's a combination of the heart as a push & pull pump, and a series of feedback systems to maintain appropriate flows/pressures in the various vessels controlled by the...i was going to say the second brain, but that's been co-opted by the digestive system, as has third brain to a degree. CNS i guess i mean.

did a quick search to check the above guesswork, and work out my atria from my ventricles, and found this. winced and gave up. soz ^-^

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 pm
'rez wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
nks71
On the other hand a pump without liquid is useless, therefore one needs the other to function properly!

The engineer in me says "no, No, NO!". Fluid. Gasses work too. ;)

gases, surely? okay, Gases if you prefer.

can pump solids too. not sure about plasma, BE condensate or the rarer phases. probably..?

ash1 wrote:
... To kick things off: Did you know that it's a myth that the heart is a pump that pushes blood around the body? The force required to continually push fluid through x km of capillaries is way beyond the capabilities of any of the body's muscles. Just try clenching your fist continuously for more than 5 minutes and see how tired you get. The human embryo begins with circulating blood, in the middle of which the rudimentary heart develops. Our blood makes our hearts beat. Not the other way around.

hmm, ash. there's some truth in what you say, but over-simplification does paint a picture of actively swimming corpuscles that have a big party when they get to the heart. and if it's down to the blood alone doing all the work, then the heart would in time become vestigial.
post-development, it's a combination of the heart as a push & pull pump, and a series of feedback systems to maintain appropriate flows/pressures in the various vessels controlled by the...i was going to say the second brain, but that's been co-opted by the digestive system, as has third brain to a degree. CNS i guess i mean.

did a quick search to check the above guesswork, and work out my atria from my ventricles, and found this. winced and gave up. soz ^-^

I started this lesson in depravity
Now we're falling apart in this lack of gravity
And my heart's just a muscle in a cavity...

Frank Black, from the widely under-rated Cult of Ray.

Where's the pic from? I feel I should know it.
A8 RIP

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 pm
ash1 wrote:
'rez wrote:

I started this lesson in depravity
Now we're falling apart in this lack of gravity
And my heart's just a muscle in a cavity...

Frank Black, from the widely under-rated Cult of Ray.

Where's the pic from? I feel I should know it.

Ok, it took me a while... But 'rez is actually being moderately clever here. The pic is from the UK crime series Heartbeat. Heartbeat. Geddit? (Stay focussed, people.)

Come on, forum users. This has been an ok-ish start, but we're only on page 4 and beating the record is a long way to go. So calling all those who are currently less than stimulated by endless event re-runs and still no new track... Off topic!
A8 RIP

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm
Maybe try a seasonal tack? What's everyone planning for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Yule/Festivus/whatever else you celebrate in December?!
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."