Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Off Topic #2

Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:51 am
Harry K wrote:
Very good oldman. I had a Cleesiasticle moment yesterday on the phone.

A very nice lady in India from Three Mobile called me to ask if had any problems during the pandemic. Not really I replied but 2 pence has been removed from my account. 40 minutes later I was given £115 credit but they can't give me back the 2p.

I now have a zombie £4.98 on one of my phones. :)

Lol. That's perfect. 🤣 Definitely, a Monty Python moment.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:06 am
@Rons-Place, I know you asked for @Harry K, but I’d suggest you look at conference tools like Zoom. They allow screen sharing.

It would be nice if FaceTime had built on screen sharing. But it doesn’t. But what you can do if she also has an iPhone is to FaceTime her on the iPhone and she can switch the camera and point it at the iPad. Then you can see what’s happening on the iPad. Not elegant, but it works in a pinch and no app installs are required...
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

Rons-Place

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 am
@oldman65
Yes I thought about conference type software, the only one I had limited experience with was team viewer and that had a few to many clicks of a mouse to share, it might be simpler now. I tried zoom a few weeks ago for a funeral, that I think would be a bit complicated.

I was hoping for a while on the phone to her “ I open an app select her iPad Tell her to accept and have her screen on my iPad then she can show me or the opposite ask her to open the app select my iPad I accept and have her screen”

A few months ago I was helping a friend, he was having iCloud password problems we called Apple Support and they viewed what was going on.
I dare say they we’re on a Mac. But something like that would be perfect.

Mums mobile phone still has buttons with numbers no camera, we did try to update her with a smart phone but she just could not get a handle on it.

Mum has a laptop it’s old no camera. She only plays games and Facebook.

Mum asked for a tablet and, who am I to refuse the request of the elderly women who clothed and fed me for many years.

If it wasn’t for lock down I wouldn’t worry I could always drive the 2hrs to see her.

Cheers.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 pm
There might be some kind of service app like that for ipads/iphones, but I’m not familiar with any. Sorry. Hope you can get it sorted. I know the feeling trying to walk somebody through something without being able to see it. Frustrating is the best word for that. Even in person it can be frustrating...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 am
Well finally got round to having a look at the comet streaking past our planet tonight. Very cool. Had to use binoculars. Too much light contamination where I live. If you’ve got a dark sky you should be able to see it without equipment.

Just awesome. Only about the 4th or 5th time in my lifetime there has been a comet like this so close to the Earth. You owe it to yourself to see it. Such a rare and beautiful sight. It’s one thing to look at pictures of it on a website. Quite another to witness it with your own eyes.

Yesterday was the closest it got to Earth. Now it is moving away. Check it out before it’s gone.

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-see-comet-neowise-before-its-gone

There hasn’t been much good about 2020. But this is at least one good thing from this year. 👍

✌️😷
       1991 MAZDA 787B
no avatar

woopsynutts

Windows PC

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:12 am
I start to think that Neutroll is one of these new disgusting "feature" implemented by GL in the Forum to make us all leave this place... :???:

just like they regularly do within their game... ::)

random7669

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:22 am
@woopsy

I think the same. I think he's an undercover saboteur from GL trying to drive everyone crazy. I'm almost leaving... I can't take it anymore.
"The Anti-Gamers Company"

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:14 am
If someone is bugging you, there is always the “foes” list. Just add them there and you won’t have to read anything from them again... Easy-peasy...
       1991 MAZDA 787B

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:17 am
oldman65 wrote:
If someone is bugging you, there is always the “foes” list. Just add them there and you won’t have to read anything from them again... Easy-peasy...

Thanks @oldman😘, going there right now to take care of something, don't feel happy but have to do it anyway😕

Edit :- went there but not feeling comfortable at labelling someone foe just because xyz irritates, so did not proceed for now, but option is open in case.
We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:17 pm
SmoothOperator wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

Thanks @oldman😘, going there right now to take care of something, don't feel happy but have to do it anyway😕

Edit :- went there but not feeling comfortable at labelling someone foe just because xyz irritates, so did not proceed for now, but option is open in case.

It is an unfortunate label. In practice, the system uses the term "ignore list" when explaining why you cannot see a post. Dunno why it is called "foes list" when you add an ID. Maybe to make you think harder about it before you actually do it? In any case, it's there if you want it, whatever the terms.
       1991 MAZDA 787B