Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Off Topic #2

Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:05 am
Rons-Place wrote:
Well i think my iPad is dying ( well the battery is), battery gets down to 80% then iPad shuts down. Leave it on charge battery shows empty, give it 5 mins then the apple logo displays, press the home button battery shows 98%.
Hopes it lasts through the rest of winter. I won't be buying a new iPad. I'm slowly moving away from time wasting tech. I was hoping to at last this game.
So if I disappear you know why.

Cheers

At least this forum does not require an iPad. You can keep hopping in and out of it whenever you have time or feel like sharing something or commenting or giving your input. So, don't simply disappear.

Wish you well 🙏
We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

I am responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:33 am
Rons-Place wrote:
Well i think my iPad is dying ( well the battery is), battery gets down to 80% then iPad shuts down. Leave it on charge battery shows empty, give it 5 mins then the apple logo displays, press the home button battery shows 98%.
Hopes it lasts through the rest of winter. I won't be buying a new iPad. I'm slowly moving away from time wasting tech. I was hoping to at last this game.
So if I disappear you know why.

Cheers

Before you give up on it (or it you) check the power connection. Those things usually break before the battery dies. Borrow one from a mate or take it to a shop, not an Apple store. But those batteries are stup1dly expensive to replace.
The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

Timmr

Windows PC

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:52 pm
Happy Canada Day !
Attachments
HAMMOCK.jpg
HAMMOCK.jpg (71.52 KiB) Viewed 547 times
"I don't need any Vulcan or Apollo while I have my Dodge Dart !!!"

(actually, I now own both the Apollo & Vulcan, so I guess I will say goodbye to my Dodge Dart)

Mohsenalex

Windows PC

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:57 pm
After playing A9 for 14 days I find it way better than A8 ATM
I played 500 races got 13 cars finished 13% of the career
have 2 maxed cars
I find the game play is way more fun harder but fun harder tracks and and AI's not easy
oh and there are cops in career
no avatar

Rons-Place

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:17 pm
Hi guys,
I have been given a solar powered LED flood light which automatically switches on at dusk which is great for lighting up the BBQ area in the backyard, however there is not an on-off switch.
Because of the design of the light the only place I could add a switch is at the wires to the globe.
My question is which side should I wire the switch in, the dc positive or dc negative.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 pm
Rons-Place wrote:
Hi guys,
I have been given a solar powered LED flood light which automatically switches on at dusk which is great for lighting up the BBQ area in the backyard, however there is not an on-off switch.
Because of the design of the light the only place I could add a switch is at the wires to the globe.
My question is which side should I wire the switch in, the dc positive or dc negative.

On the positive side as close to the battery as you can get it to prevent accidental shorts. I bought a pair of accidental shorts at a festival once, made me look a right twonk IRL.
The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50
no avatar

Rons-Place

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:20 pm
Harry K wrote:
Rons-Place wrote:
Hi guys,

On the positive side as close to the battery as you can get it to prevent accidental shorts. I bought a pair of accidental shorts at a festival once, made me look a right twonk IRL.

Thought as much, flow of electrons from - to +, energy is spent in the globe and less likely to arc at the switch.
Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks H.
Too old to die young
Racing Name: Rot10-Ronny

Sayaneechan

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:23 pm
Mohsenalex wrote:
After playing A9 for 14 days I find it way better than A8 ATM

I also prefer playing A9 rather than A8 ::)

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:48 pm
Nat B wrote:
Yeah, I also wonder if the students of the Juilliard School in New York or musicians in the Carnegie Hall play Mozart or Bach or Beethoven strictly following the notes or just as they like - taking some random notes.

This is interesting.

The great composers wrote down their music in a proper language that could be read by other musicians. The rest could be counted as an accent. Sticking in "misspelt" notes wouldn't work.
no avatar

Nat B

Windows PC

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Here, Harry, an interesting passage from another (Forman’s) great movie. I think it illustrates (kinda in a reverse mode) your words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ciFTP_KRy4
Was du hast, hat auch dich, was du willst, fängt an zu befehlen.
Emil Gött