Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Off Topic #2

Tue May 26, 2020 8:02 pm
Ima Tankk wrote:
$250k looks good value against what it would cost to be able drive one on A8!

Lol, you are right about that... 😜
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed May 27, 2020 3:03 am
oldman65 wrote:
Hmm yeah, now I’m not sure. Whichever McLaren it was, it was gorgeous.

Edit: After consulting the google machine on the interwebs, I am persuaded to believe @Neilson. 570S Spider looks to be the model I saw. Very nice ride. I just need to save up ~$250K US and I could nab a new one. 😜

@ oldman  Now down to the nitty gritty . Please tell me you tried to race that cat ! Please tell me you revved your engine & took that cat in the quarter mile  🙏😂

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 am
Neilson wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

Edit: After consulting the google machine on the interwebs, I am persuaded to believe @Neilson. 570S Spider looks to be the model I saw. Very nice ride. I just need to save up ~$250K US and I could nab a new one. 😜

@ oldman  Now down to the nitty gritty . Please tell me you tried to race that cat ! Please tell me you revved your engine & took that cat in the quarter mile  🙏😂

In your Cinquecento. ;)
Half Man Half Biscuit - The Wrong Grave For 23 Years - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZaqV-34Ls

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed May 27, 2020 3:40 am
Harry K wrote:
Neilson wrote:
oldman65 wrote:

In your Cinquecento. ;)

Cinquecento?  See what you made me do . I had to go look it up 😂 
when I was a young pünk me and my friends would see cars like that , We used to pick em up & put em on the sidewalk & take off
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-05-26-19-34-33.png
Screenshot_2020-05-26-19-34-33.png (387.88 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 am
Neilson wrote:
/cut/ when I was a young pünk me and my friends would see cars like that , We used to pick em up & put em on the sidewalk & take off

...'the Law' may have never caught you, but you ended up in jail anyway  That's karma for you 'punk'  ;D

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 am
Me. wrote:
Neilson wrote:
/cut/ when I was a young pünk me and my friends would see cars like that , We used to pick em up & put em on the sidewalk & take off

...'the Law' may have never caught you, but you ended up in jail anyway  That's karma for you 'punk'  ;D

Ah ha  I ended up in jail & doing body cavity searches .  3 today so if you ever think you had a bad day at work . At least you don't have to search another humans  butt 😂 & if you can't get the contraband out 
They go into( ad seg ) administrative segregation  that's a special cell with no running water & they don't come out till it comes out of them 
Then I got to go retrieve it 😠

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed May 27, 2020 4:33 am
Neilson wrote:
Me. wrote:
Neilson wrote:

Ah ha  I ended up in jail & doing body cavity searches .  3 today so if you ever think you had a bad day at work . At least you don't have to search another humans  butt 😂 & if you can't get the contraband out 
They go into( ad seg ) administrative segregation  that's a special cell with no running water & they don't come out till it comes out of them 
Then I got to go retrieve it 😠

ROFLMAO 😝😂, that's the wrath of karma for mishandling fello human being.
We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 am
Neilson wrote:
when I was a young pünk me and my friends would see cars like that , We used to pick em up & put em on the sidewalk & take off

I do apologise Neilson for the look up and Oldman for accusing him of driving a naff car

Back in the mid 80's the house I lived in owned a Mini. Every weekend some drunken pr@ts would lift the front end and turn it 90° to the road. The thing only worked with a hill start so this was a real pain. Luckily their was no such thing as a traffic warden in North Belfast. :)
Half Man Half Biscuit - The Wrong Grave For 23 Years - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZaqV-34Ls

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed May 27, 2020 5:44 am
Harry K wrote:
Neilson wrote:

I do apologise Neilson for the look up and Oldman for accusing him of driving a naff car

Back in the mid 80's the house I lived in owned a Mini. Every weekend some drunken pr@ts would lift the front end and turn it 90° to the road. The thing only worked with a hill start so this was a real pain. Luckily their was no such thing as a traffic warden in North Belfast. :)

Had a 67 Austin Healy Sprite. Talk about a car that  was easy to move. A slight breeze could push that thing across the yard. 🤣 

And speaking of hard to start. You haven't known pain until you've tried to keep dual, single barrel SU carburetors in tune. I don't know how many times I've sprayed starter fluid down those babies. And constantly filling the dashpot oil. And don't get me started on the electrics. Completely unreliable.

All that aside, I loved that car, but alas, I needed space in the garage for family cars when the kids came along and I found a friend who was more than happy to take it off my hands.
       1991 MAZDA 787B

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 pm
@Nelson, I didn’t get a chance to race the 570S. Sorry.

I also did not get a chance to race the VLF Force 1 V10 that I encountered on the highway. (No safe way to snap a photo. Googled this one.)

745HP 8.4L V-10
$300K US if anyone wants one...

✌️😎
Attachments
F7421B9F-26CF-4946-9449-9C1FBA5B5CAB.jpeg
F7421B9F-26CF-4946-9449-9C1FBA5B5CAB.jpeg (59.66 KiB) Viewed 237 times
       1991 MAZDA 787B