Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Mina_FromGameloft

Community Manager

Apple (iOS)

New Matchmaking System

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:56 pm
Hello Racers,

We are bringing significant improvements to the matchmaking! Until now the players were matched based on their car ranks while the new formula takes into account the actual car stats. We hope you will enjoy this change.

The new season starts on the 30th of August  - it will be a bit shorter than usual and will last only 18 days. However you can already test the new matchmaking system in the pre-season.

During this time we would like to gather as much feedback as we can about the new system, so please let us know how do you feel about the changes.

Thanks!

Km4r0nFire01

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: New Matchmaking System

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:45 pm
Sorry mina but what the devs told you... means nothing...

Can they make a text where they explain what is "the new formula".

It's important for any gamer in any kind of game to know the rules before playing.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Mina,

as the previous poster stated - more details as to what changed - or what is /intended/ - would be appreciated.

Thanks!
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Latest vehicle added to garage: BMW i8 Coupe
Vehicles: 242 (of 249) / Max: 209 / Pro: 202 / Max+Pro: 188 || Total Play Time: >64 days
Mastery Licenses: 6,608 || Achievements: 71 || Stars: 2,287 || Helmets: 1,475

Wanted: RETURN THE OLD PRO KIT REQUIREMENTS - #giveusourgameback
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: March 2, 2019

SplendidChopper

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:09 pm
Thanks for the announcement Mina. I have raced a few times in MP since you have tweaked the matchmaking system. I note that there are still huge car rank differences at lower ranks (up to 500+ ranking difference). Higher ranks seem to be more closely matched but it is difficult to tell when free racing between seasons as most racers don’t boost up and don’t necessarily use their normal MP cars. More useful feedback will no doubt come in once the new (shorter? Why?) season begins.

Please would you elaborate on what you mean by “actual car stats”? Are you referring to Top Speed specifically? If so, does this take boosters into account or not? If you are please able to give us a bit more specific information about the changes we will be able to give you much more valuable feedback.

Thanks & regards

Tetsuo_Shima

Windows PC

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:18 pm
If it's now purely by car stats isn't all the fake speed nonsense still going to be a problem? GL could just make all vehicles go their listed speed. I know it's a mind-blowing concept!

Running Bird

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:29 pm
I haven't done a lot of races this off-season, but during the few races I did with an unboosted max/pro Rezvani, the matches weren't out of the ordinary. I saw an X2, a Trion, other Rezvanis, and so on. It seemed fair to me.

If the "actual car stats" are mostly about cumulative top speed and — to a lesser extent — acceleration, then this change is a very good thing, in my opinion, because it shuts down everyone who tries to game the car ranking system via multiplayer tuning.

PS: Please consider switching Asphalt 9 to a similar matchmaking algorithm! The more level the playing field, the better. :)
Asphalt 9 club: Birdland (#855e) — beginners welcome!
no avatar

ash1

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm
If this sticks, it's the end of mp tuning. Pretty radical.
Everyone might as well immediately maxpro their Arses and take advantage of the Apex Wednesday Tokens Cup :)
"dang gum fricking mother puppy :) " - SCD
CARS owned: 197
Maxed/proed: Lost count
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold9

fabio_negri

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:43 pm
basically a russian roulette, wont be surprise to find a button to rerun race for some tokens
sorry 4 my english ..
Speed Ultima Dea

Tetsuo_Shima

Windows PC

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 pm
ash1 wrote:
If this sticks, it's the end of mp tuning. Pretty radical.
Everyone might as well immediately maxpro their Arses and take advantage of the Apex Wednesday Tokens Cup :) 

Mine was max/pro from the start because I never MP tune anything. It's really paying off for this event!
no avatar

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:55 pm
For those not liking the new Matchmaking System, there’s always eharmony...