Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
User avatar

paultaylor57

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

498

What's with other players keep flashing?

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:17 pm
Sometimes when I'm in a race I see some players keep flashing (the thing that happens after you respawn from crash) and skipping around the track. Is that some sort of ****? If it is that is the most dirtiest **** I have ever seen.
"Take a long good look...err eyes up here mister"
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHINy0pbfjLt0BCy1hYNsQg
DogTag: 1d5196
MC5 IGN: Đ€ΜØŇ ŞŁΔ¥€Ř                              


 
User avatar

CliveOfIndia

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

536

It's one of two options

1) Lag/Ping with the server leading to incorrect syncing, which can either be the users connection, their providers connection or the servers.
2) They're cheating <bleeps>

With 1, the flashing would usually be intermittent or stuttering, and can happen with anyone and to some people you may appear to be doing it, when you know you're driving clean. With 2, the flashing would usually be constant and steady, because they're using a permanent respawn hack.

However, with 1 there can be the odd occasion where some are using speed hacks and will cause flashing and stuttering as the server can't sync quick enough. You can usually tell who these ones are if they have faster than normal acceleration or are driving way too fast for the car their in, ie a Dodge Dart going as fast a Porsche 959, not overly fast for the car they're supposed to be but fast enough to beat others.
User avatar

paultaylor57

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

498

CliveOfIndia wrote:
It's one of two options

1) Lag/Ping with the server leading to incorrect syncing, which can either be the users connection, their providers connection or the servers.
2) They're cheating <bleeps>

With 1, the flashing would usually be intermittent or stuttering, and can happen with anyone and to some people you may appear to be doing it, when you know you're driving clean. With 2, the flashing would usually be constant and steady, because they're using a permanent respawn hack.

However, with 1 there can be the odd occasion where some are using speed hacks and will cause flashing and stuttering as the server can't sync quick enough. You can usually tell who these ones are if they have faster than normal acceleration or are driving way too fast for the car their in, ie a Dodge Dart going as fast a Porsche 959, not overly fast for the car they're supposed to be but fast enough to beat others.

 

Ah ok thnx! :D
"Take a long good look...err eyes up here mister"
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHINy0pbfjLt0BCy1hYNsQg
DogTag: 1d5196
MC5 IGN: Đ€ΜØŇ ŞŁΔ¥€Ř                              


 
no avatar

okwhy

Senior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

134

Many people tend to put the blame on their "bad internet" or unstable connection or something similar. But in reality quite a lot are actually using **** and using the "bad internet" as excuse lol. I've seen quite a few where their cars do NOT flash when they drive normally, yet flash when they are about to be wrecked. which reminds me of a lag switch. Since GL's servers wait an abnormally long period of time for clients to resync, this can be quite effective.

these kinda thing is more prevalent on platforms like android and PC since they are so easy to **** on.

today in the sectore 8 multiplayer TLE i saw 2 F1 cars literally flying everywhere. Their engine sounds can be heard sometimes in front or at back. When I crossed the finish line, there was only 1 car in front of me, yet on final scoreboard I was at 4th place. lol. xD
no avatar

LyleTas

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

1

okwrhy wrote:
Many people tend to put the blame on their "bad internet" or unstable connection or legal steroids that work something similar. But in reality quite a lot are actually using **** and using the "bad internet" as excuse lol.

Yeah, I've seen some shifty stuff too super common. Still, I hope devs crack down on this kind of behavior. It ruins it for the rest of us.
User avatar

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

2233

LyleTas wrote:
Yeah, I've seen some shifty stuff too super common. Still, I hope devs crack down on this kind of behavior. It ruins it for the rest of us.

True that. 

Took my Grand Sport Vitesse out for a quick spin in free races - ....think I finally found the culprit.

Image
                                Image                             
User avatar

alessandro_hc

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1536

Cracker +1
ID: Alessandro D.
Cars Completed: 196\200; Max: 191, Pro:198;
F1: 6\6; Pro: 6\6;
Bikes Max\Pro: 11 
Total Veichle Completed: 207\211; Max: 202, Pro: 209