Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
User avatar

Fabien FromGameloft

Community Manager

Posts

1678

Message from the Asphalt dev team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:48 pm
A quick message from the Asphalt game-dev team to the forum community

First of all, thank you all. Thank you for being there for us and supporting Asphalt 8 over the years. We would never have made it so far without you. Without your passion, your feedback and without your criticism.
And thank you for all the reactions to Asphalt 9’s Soft Launch. We never expected such a level of enthusiasm and for our game to be so quickly noticed.

Keep in mind that Asphalt 9 is far from ready for its worldwide launch. We have many more improvements, balancing and optimizations to go through before going live everywhere.

We were extremely happy to see you’ve noticed already the car lineup being deeply rooted in community requests. But there’s more work to do, there are still features to deploy.

We’re not going to leave behind Asphalt 8 either. It’s a love project from us and we don’t intend to discard it. We also have no reason to do that. There’s an enormous amount of players that are enjoying the Airborne experience. As long as you keep playing it – we will keep supporting it, obviously. Check out the cups coming up next week

Since years now we have had 2 full teams dedicated on each Asphalt 8 and Asphalt 9. We do not plan (or even need) to ramp down on Asphalt 8 in 2018.

For all of you wanting to stay in Asphalt 8 – do not worry – we’ve got you covered. For everyone that wants to give Legends a try – be patient with us please, we’re not ready just yet to add more territories in the Soft Launch.


And thank you again for being the most awesome car racing community on the planet!


Asphalt Game Dev Team
no avatar

pizzaburg

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

1618

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:20 pm
Finally, something official! Thanks.
User avatar

Me.

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

2154

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:07 pm
Thanks Fabian for clearing some mist; Would be helpful if GL would reveal which platforms will be supported once Asphalt 9 officially lauches... eg. will Legends be released / available on Windows 8.1, Windows Mobile (10 / 8.1), Amazon Fire TV, Kindle etc. etc.

/edit/
I asked simular question couple of days ago in the Asphalt 9: Legends forum but it seems today that post mysteriously vanished into thin air...
                                Image                             
User avatar

guineapigsk8er

Senior Member

Apple TV (iOS)
Posts

368

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:59 pm
Fabien FromGameloft wrote:
For all of you wanting to stay in Asphalt 8 – do not worry – we’ve got you covered. 

 

Fabien FromGameloft                                                    
October 22, 2017
"Dear players,

 
Here are our solutions to the ‘loss of car upgrades issue’ that appeared in the Munich update. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! 
 
Those of you who have lost the upgrades of the Lamborghini Aventador will receive the car (even if you don’t own it) and upgrades."
User avatar

cx6

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1127

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:12 pm
Fabien FromGameloft wrote:
... We’re not going to leave behind Asphalt 8 either. It’s a love project from us and we don’t intend to discard it. We also have no reason to do that. There’s an enormous amount of players that are enjoying the Airborne experience. As long as you keep playing it – we will keep supporting it, obviously. Check out the cups coming up next week
...
 

Happy days!  :D
I'm gonna get free
I'm gonna get free
I'm gonna get free
Ride into the sun
User avatar

davidreau

Member

Google Play TV (Android)
Posts

32

Join Date: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:42 am
GL have already dropped support of Asphalt 8 on the Android TV platform. The Android TV version is now two updates behind the Android phone version.
User avatar

CompactDonkey71

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

12

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:12 pm
Seems my original post was not along. Making a retest posting. Remove this if the other was posted properly . Seems also that the Hi Fabien of my writing is still there. Before your actual message. If I messed this up. Sorry about that. If there came some system delay in bringing my first text visible to this message. Are you able to retrieve it? /Ghita
............................

Hi Fabien,A quick message from the Asphalt game-dev team to the forum community

First of all, thank you all. Thank you for being there for us and supporting Asphalt 8 over the years. We would never have made it so far without you. Without your passion, your feedback and without your criticism.
And thank you for all the reactions to Asphalt 9’s Soft Launch. We never expected such a level of enthusiasm and for our game to be so quickly noticed.

Keep in mind that Asphalt 9 is far from ready for its worldwide launch. We have many more improvements, balancing and optimizations to go through before going live everywhere.

We were extremely happy to see you’ve noticed already the car lineup being deeply rooted in community requests. But there’s more work to do, there are still features to deploy.

We’re not going to leave behind Asphalt 8 either. It’s a love project from us and we don’t intend to discard it. We also have no reason to do that. There’s an enormous amount of players that are enjoying the Airborne experience. As long as you keep playing it – we will keep supporting it, obviously. Check out the cups coming up next week

Since years now we have had 2 full teams dedicated on each Asphalt 8 and Asphalt 9. We do not plan (or even need) to ramp down on Asphalt 8 in 2018.

For all of you wanting to stay in Asphalt 8 – do not worry – we’ve got you covered. For everyone that wants to give Legends a try – be patient with us please, we’re not ready just yet to add more territories in the Soft Launch.


And thank you again for being the most awesome car racing community on the planet!


Asphalt Game Dev Team
User avatar

CompactDonkey71

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

12

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm
Ok. Fabien question rewritten to you dev department. I refer to this in that previous message where only thing that seem to be left of my writing is "Hi Fabien". I have not been able to load the Airborne for soon one year. My background is as a computer technician for several years but do not know anymore in-depth the Windows OS 10 and the functionality issues with Microsoft Store and its effects on Apps load-issues. My focus nowadays is elsewhere.

It all started after one update. At that time I thought to have seen in MS Store the Airbornes Architecture requirement to have been ARM which later had switched to x86. Long long long story short - after OS recovery, store resets, OS default profile "reset" (for other reason), user profile switches, complete manual removal of everything referring to Airborne from registry and folder hierarchies etc, in no specific order - I today - again - downloaded Airborne. But today I got a hook on seeing at first ARM in MS Store Airborne system requirements architecture requirement. When I after having installed the game on a clean profile on second open of the store the Architecture requirement had changed to x86.

Simple short question regarding this with reference to that Airborne actually not opening at all - can it be related to package deployment or how Store reads systems ? This question sounds little strange and stupid but am really in despair on the possible reasons. I have same problem with some other games as well when testing installation and opening.

So main point was - Help me get back Airborne if you can - thee game to race in. Thanks to developers with a genuine heart of a really great game. So far only one that I have found to race and enjoy like this in over 400/500 km/h. One year is a long time. Skills deterioriate fast. Happy to hear you are not giving up on Airborne since so far am missing, after three races in Legends, the Immersive view and chance to accelerate manually (as far as that was possible with a basic keyboard).

/Ghita
Just an Airborner since few years
https://www.facebook.com/ghita.gmklzero​ aka CompactDonkey71
User avatar

CompactDonkey71

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

12

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm
DELETE THIS ONE FOR ME - The editing went mad since it overwrites the first editing with the second instead of leaving it. Thanks in advance. wrote:
Ok. Fabien question rewritten to you dev department. I refer to this in that previous message where only thing that seem to be left of my writing is "Hi Fabien". I have not been able to load the Airborne for soon one year. My background is as a computer technician for several years but do not know anymore in-depth the Windows OS 10 and the functionality issues with Microsoft Store and its effects on Apps load-issues. My focus nowadays is elsewhere.

It all started after one update. At that time I thought to have seen in MS Store the Airbornes Architecture requirement to have been ARM which later had switched to x86. Long long long story short - after OS recovery, store resets, OS default profile "reset" (for other reason), user profile switches, complete manual removal of everything referring to Airborne from registry and folder hierarchies etc, in no specific order - I today - again - downloaded Airborne. But today I got a hook on seeing at first ARM in MS Store Airborne system requirements architecture requirement. When I after having installed the game on a clean profile on second open of the store the Architecture requirement had changed to x86.

Simple short question regarding this with reference to that Airborne actually not opening at all - can it be related to package deployment or how Store reads systems ? This question sounds little strange and stupid but am really in despair on the possible reasons. I have same problem with some other games as well when testing installation and opening.

So main point was - Help me get back Airborne if you can - thee game to race in. Thanks to developers with a genuine heart of a really great game. So far only one that I have found to race and enjoy like this in over 400/500 km/h. One year is a long time. Skills deterioriate fast. Happy to hear you are not giving up on Airborne since so far am missing, after three races in Legends, the Immersive view and chance to accelerate manually (as far as that was possible with a basic keyboard).

/Ghita
Just an Airborner since few years
https://www.facebook.com/ghita.gmklzero​ aka CompactDonkey71
User avatar

CompactDonkey71

Junior Member

Windows PC
Posts

12

Re: Message from the Asphalt dev team

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:45 pm
P.S.2: Sorry Legends. You boosted my despair to maximum brain-performance. Legends is great - but without Immersive .. the thought on racing bu staring at my own car-rear just got me up and running again *grin*

Update 11 August 2018 With reference to below technical scenario. Thanks to having written it here my brain seem to have taken a rerun through mind on the whole problem. I kept going back to privileges, but the wrong way. The confusing part was that, from Windows Store installed games, some worked and some didn't, then at some point when installing same game on multiple OS10 User profiles on a computer in workgroup only, not domain AD, it just became even more confusing - some worked, some didn't and one game just changed behaviour in how it behaved and to top it Airbornes installations and game executions just stopped liking me. I seem to have solved the issue myself. I was so agonized after those diagnosticts that just let it be and asked for help from Customer Support. I know the reason now. Will report it. Thanks Forum ;) . Game load - now I only need to get the Cloud-data back from one year or I will sit with 0 cars, 0 credits and 0 tokens. /Ghita Aka CompactDonkey71 P.S. This is now posted in same way as the post to Fabiens post yesterday - will it show up properly if I just patiently wait before re-editing? -G-
Ok. Fabien question rewritten to you dev department. I refer to this in that previous message where only thing that seem to be left of my writing is "Hi Fabien". I have not been able to load the Airborne for soon one year. My background is as a computer technician for several years but do not know anymore in-depth the Windows OS 10 and the functionality issues with Microsoft Store and its effects on Apps load-issues. My focus nowadays is elsewhere.

It all started after one update. At that time I thought to have seen in MS Store the Airbornes Architecture requirement to have been ARM which later had switched to x86. Long long long story short - after OS recovery, store resets, OS default profile "reset" (for other reason), user profile switches, complete manual removal of everything referring to Airborne from registry and folder hierarchies etc, in no specific order - I today - again - downloaded Airborne. But today I got a hook on seeing at first ARM in MS Store Airborne system requirements architecture requirement. When I after having installed the game on a clean profile on second open of the store the Architecture requirement had changed to x86.

Simple short question regarding this with reference to that Airborne actually not opening at all - can it be related to package deployment or how Store reads systems ? This question sounds little strange and stupid but am really in despair on the possible reasons. I have same problem with some other games as well when testing installation and opening.

So main point was - Help me get back Airborne if you can - thee game to race in. Thanks to developers with a genuine heart of a really great game. So far only one that I have found to race and enjoy like this in over 400/500 km/h. One year is a long time. Skills deterioriate fast. Happy to hear you are not giving up on Airborne since so far am missing, after three races in Legends, the Immersive view and chance to accelerate manually (as far as that was possible with a basic keyboard).

/Ghita
Just an Airborner since few years
https://www.facebook.com/ghita.gmklzero​ aka CompactDonkey71