Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Forum Challenges - requests and chat

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:05 am
wow, you make it sound like this cross-platform thing is going to put android in the deep pit. Should we then hope that the 60 fps update comes soon? would this solve these performance problems?

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 am
I don't know, they say that the difference is about .100 - .200, but i believe that depending on the track it could be significant. Mostly because of the longer nitro time. When i started my Windows test accout, i always hit yellow nitro, because i was memorized PN on Android and always hurry. Yes there are people who hold the phone strangе, just to use multifinger tapping, but my is 7 inch and and i can't do that. But ofcourse these are just excuses, not relevant for someone crazy enough to drive hours.   :D

Nautilus137

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:34 am
Владо_Б wrote:
Yes Nauti, i'm not interested much what time Win or IOS get. There are too much differences between 60fps and 30fps and device performance. You know that your start is way quicker, nitro is longer so you can get to the next ramp, but on Android the nitro is already empty, the speed of triple tap on a keyboard so basically all speed tricks and so on. With all these minuses i literaly duplicate probably 90% of the video race, tight corners, low barrels, triple tapping as much faster as i can, but the result is catastrophicaly different. Of course i'm not a great driver and i don't intend or want to be. So i'm interested only about Android times and try to improve a little. :)

So, you vote to stay same as it is?

For me it is OK to have more leaderboards for reference.
Not just that platforms are different but hardware too.

The best comaprision would be if we could play in same environment.

But this is just for each driver. I don't cry because I'm bad, but I'm happy if I improve my time. Other drivers is just my motivation, and it is good to have top drivers just to see where is the limit . . . so on that way you always know that you could improve your time.

But as you wish :)

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am
To me it doesn't matter what LB or platform is combined . I've never really raced the FC to be better than others or to be best droid time
I've always raced FC,s to beat my time , I was proud of myself last FC cause I beat the HOF time though 1st time . Don't know who's time it was or when it was set . But I race myself , Cause I can't tell you how many times in MP I've been in a dog fight race .
I mean door to door battle & then my brain remembers the track from a FC & I use what I learned , That little FC time improvement that helps me win the MP race .
But I know I will loose to a cat on a 2 thousand dollar alienware PC
When I'm on a 150 dollar tablet . That's ok with me

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:52 am
Nautilus137 wrote:

But yes, that's what i'm saying.
When you make live MP? On a specific day? I'll be glad that we finally can drive together. Also other friends from the forum can join  :)

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 am
Владо_Б wrote:
Nautilus137 wrote:

But yes, that's what i'm saying.
When you make live MP? On a specific day? I'll be glad that we finally can drive together. Also other friends from the forum can join  :)

If we could run together, I would be happy to be the last in every race. I need to do this.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Nautilus137

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:56 am
For live just send me a note through PM.

I don't play so much lately, but from time to time I could find sime time.

Mostly Fridays late night by local time.

I don't announce my lives throgh forum, because it is irritating for some forum members.

But we could do nonpublic live too, to remove outside distraction.

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:37 pm
Nautilus137 wrote:
I don't play so much lately

Me too. I spend more time in State of survival, killing some zombies  ;D