Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Re: Forum Challenges - requests and chat

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm
Uh, how i hate my phone now. When i writed one sausague and wrongly pressed something sausague gone deleted ;D .
Will return tomorow with, as always i try to be, honest review on your observations.
Besides i am at work, you dont wanna me get fired ;D .

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:36 pm
:lol: why are you trying to write with sausages Dex?

Thanks n00b/Fabio. Yes, I get it. I don't really feel it because I'm never near the top of the LB and never really hope to be. I know that having Dex oversee things is invaluable though, his no-contest encouragement should be enough of an antidote to toxicity.
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:56 pm
Ahhh,.rofl🤣
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:50 pm
Sorry, didnt have time, will do later :(

Владо_Б

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:22 am
I read the comments. I thought the tokens will increase the participants, but nothing changed. I really don't know why. One possible answer is still what i said before to @Fabio. I meant that if he constantly put the best times in Android and win the the prize 2 out of 3 can be a little discouraging if the new player tries hard one time, second time. Maybe get closer but still not enough. I'm talking about new possible participants not me. Then what? Maybe he will try only on the 3rd week. And what happens if another one constantly win the 3rd week? I guess how discouraging can be if a good player put his time, the new player try a few laps, 1-2 secconds behind and give up. And here it come the other possible reason - the player don't want to show his lap time cause it's worse or much worse. My admiration to @Oldscule here! Because we know many tries are needed to improve the result. But some don't have the time or the car. Good that on Windows is different and there are more players. I don't think the tokens prize is the problem, but if you do, then i propose:
Once you finish first and win the prize, no more tokens for you. Here we can decide for how many weeks after that. Personaly i'm fine even with the whole cycle. The person who is responsible with FC anounce the winners and the players who should get the rewards. Obviously they will be different after few weeks. After these few weeks, if there is a situation when everyone from the participants in the platform already got the prize and there are not new ones, so tokens will burn, well there is nothing that could be done to FC to increase the players. 
Hmm, now i wrote it maybe it's not a good idea, cause a 1st player put a time, 2nd put a better one, 1st may think "OK i'll get them next week". But the next week may another 3rd to come ;D . I really don't know.
Personally i think to encourage a new player is not better player to put a much better time , but around it. So the new player start forcing himself to improve. So obviously everything depends on ourself. 
Sorry for the long post. 
The best answer may be a a new thread asking why not participate in FC.
Greed turned into a madness. No support from me! No money for GL! 

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 am
What @vlado said...agreed...

fabio_negri

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:33 am
i'm ok with that and i was my intentention to make this proposal*.

But there is another point and is about how take FCs, take MP4/8 as example .. i've improved almost 1s from my first time posted and was not an horrible lap but working on lines and nitro management, watching best laps i've made a big difference.
For first months after comeback i played TLEs trying not to wreck or make big mistakes and was never in top 500, later i've started more seriously and sometimes i've achieved good results but with really a big effort.
Same is for FC someone may try , lap with no big mistakes and .. 1s slower imho for many players is enough someone post the time someone not. I am 100% fine with it , i play if i have fun should not be an obsession, and is not a shame a slow lap , many of my first runs are but i post without problems.

*my idea is if a player won tokens could race no contest next one
sorry 4 my english ..
Speed Ultima Dea

ash1

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:02 pm
As you can see from the LBs, I'm a pretty average driver, but I enjoy FC and posting whatever time I get. Some weeks I'll just do 20 or so races, some weeks - if I really enjoy the car/track - I'll try really hard to improve. I like the idea of no contest after you've won a token prize, but the problem is lack of numbers playing - and I think that's largely due to lack of numbers on this forum more than anything. Maybe if FC was advertised on Facebook/Discord with the token prize prominently displayed, we'd get more coming in.
Cars owned: 220
Racing name: Wuxifingerhold6
A8 RIP

NoobDriver

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:36 pm
@ash1 : I already promoted FC in a8 Indo's forum..but seems no one is interested... Don't know why...
no avatar

Dex1

Expert Racer

Windows PC

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:28 pm
And i again didnt write, didnt play, didnt even turn PC on today, didnt have time.
Guys, i wanted to promote it more, i waiting pizzaburg to make promotion video, but didnt see him long, and i was too 2-3 weeks out of game.
Can some of you make promotion videos?
I will give a links to videos, it is all from past FC-s. Basically there is need to cut some parts from videos and put it together into one 3-5 min. long video.
Ofcourse with few self writen coments, just like pizaburg does when he was combined past fc-s videos.
Creativity is welcomed.
I dont have any video editor that can do that, but bigest problem for me is time.
If i have more time i will do that myself.
Once i have that video i will make sure that some youtuber promote it on his channel.